STD
Push bumper - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Body Mods (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Push bumper (/showthread.php?tid=1366)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Push bumper - garage - 09-14-2010

(09-14-2010, 06:19 PM)Captain America The first thing I would go for is those F'ing toll lane pole things!

Take 'em all out in one shot..

Ive taken out a few on the way to Newport BeachTongue
In the old w116

RE: Push bumper - Captain America - 09-15-2010

How did it like it? those things are though. My buddy hit one in a Toyota SR5 with a Total Chaos front end (so it was pretty high) and one of those things broke the sealed beam headlight! I cant imagine what it would do to the plastic grill, light bezels, and lights themselves....

RE: Push bumper - JB3 - 09-15-2010

(09-14-2010, 09:40 AM)garage So have you hit any unsuspecting trash cans or traffic cones with that new beast of a bumper yet?Cool

Car has been DOA for a bit, so no, but it should be running this weekend to go to the PA GTG. Got to wire up the lights still. Im curious if it will make wind noise, its totally invisible from the driver seat, which is something to remember when parallel parking! Big Grin
(09-15-2010, 12:16 AM)Captain America How did it like it? those things are though. My buddy hit one in a Toyota SR5 with a Total Chaos front end (so it was pretty high) and one of those things broke the sealed beam headlight! I cant imagine what it would do to the plastic grill, light bezels, and lights themselves....

I think I will wait until I have a skid plate before I personally take on one of those spring loaded traffic posts! Whacking that thin piece of metal that covers the bottom of the radiator was the cause of a cracked plastic radiator bottom on my wagon. Its pretty exposed down there

RE: Push bumper - garage - 09-15-2010

(09-15-2010, 12:16 AM)Captain America How did it like it? those things are though. My buddy hit one in a Toyota SR5 with a Total Chaos front end (so it was pretty high) and one of those things broke the sealed beam headlight! I cant imagine what it would do to the plastic grill, light bezels, and lights themselves....

Hahaha damnn. There was no damage to the car besides some chipped paint. Going about 75, i hit at least 3..it might have been 4
(09-15-2010, 08:35 AM)dropnosky
(09-14-2010, 09:40 AM)garage So have you hit any unsuspecting trash cans or traffic cones with that new beast of a bumper yet?Cool

Car has been DOA for a bit, so no, but it should be running this weekend to go to the PA GTG. Got to wire up the lights still. Im curious if it will make wind noise, its totally invisible from the driver seat, which is something to remember when parallel parking! Big Grin

Hmm. I dont think the wind noise would be audible...idk though.

YEAH that is definetly somthing to remember when parking!!!

RE: Push bumper - JB3 - 10-24-2010

reviews on this combination-

the headlight covers, in anticipation of putting in a vent for air intake on the passenger side, combined with the push bumper. I think the grill needs to be black too personally.

Cant decide if I like this or not.

RE: Push bumper - garage - 10-24-2010

(10-24-2010, 01:02 PM)dropnosky reviews on this combination-

the headlight covers, in anticipation of putting in a vent for air intake on the passenger side, combined with the push bumper. I think the grill needs to be black too personally.

I like the headlight covers, there unique. I think for the vent for the air intake you should put some louvers, or slots, somthing besides a hole and/or mesh. I would definetly black out the grille!! maybe the hood too?

I would say keep it like that! plus a skidTongue

RE: Push bumper - 300D50 - 10-25-2010

Oooh, so minty-fresh is getting the bull bar! I Like!

Black the grill, add louvers with a vac pod on the (dual?) air intakes, so you can close them up at rest.

RE: Push bumper - mike-81-240d - 10-28-2010

Black out the mirror caps too... like DieselKraut's wagon...

RE: Push bumper - winmutt - 12-21-2010

[Image: 90E_6-L.jpg]

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=22944

Yes but will it rail slide like this subaru?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsyk17OLcYc&feature=player_embedded

RE: Push bumper - ForcedInduction - 12-21-2010

I like the rinoliner paint better.

RE: Push bumper - smoke026 - 08-31-2011

Looks Really bitching! How and with what did u cover up those fog lights? It looks like u just painted right over them.

RE: Push bumper - JB3 - 08-31-2011

(08-31-2011, 08:50 AM)smoke026

Looks Really bitching! How and with what did u cover up those fog lights? It looks like u just painted right over them.

thanks! Those are made of polystyrene with a home made thermoform machine.
heres the thread-
http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/Thread-Vacuum-form-headlight-doors

RE: Push bumper - sassparilla_kid - 12-30-2013

I'm thinking of building a push bumper over break, but if I do I think I'll make a whole new bumper instead of keeping the stock one, but using the stock bumper shocks. We'll see

RE: Push bumper - lgreeley83 - 01-02-2014

(12-30-2013, 01:45 PM)sassparilla_kid I'm thinking of building a push bumper over break, but if I do I think I'll make a whole new bumper instead of keeping the stock one, but using the stock bumper shocks. We'll see

woot! like one of those diamond plate steel pickup truck ones? Add a winch.

RE: Push bumper - sassparilla_kid - 01-04-2014

lgreeley probably something like this

RE: Push bumper - lgreeley83 - 01-04-2014

Awesome. Exactly like I was thinking. I was in San Antonio for a few months back in '09... Close to 50% of the pick up trucks had bumpers like that, front and back. Youve got a fan here if you do it!

RE: Push bumper - epowers777 - 10-26-2014

Would like to see this on a lowered car with euro lights.