STD
socal STD meetup? - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Events (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: socal STD meetup? (/showthread.php?tid=2460)

Pages: 1 2

RE: socal STD meetup? - Captain America - 04-14-2011

(04-14-2011, 08:43 AM)garage The part i was reallllly looking forward to was the cruise down there, a line of benzs weaving in and out of trafficBig Grin Especially since makin smoke is rollin now too.

Exactly

Soooooooooooooo?

RE: socal STD meetup? - makin' smoke - 04-14-2011

So what's the status fellas????????I'm home and wanna work on something. If its a go then I'm going to start giving the 84 a little TLC before we hit it.

RE: socal STD meetup? - garage - 04-14-2011

I cannot get saturday off.
Usually i do not work weekends, and unbeliveably i do this weekend.
Just my luck.

You guys feel free to cruise down there without me, BUT i hope we can do another meet VERY soon and i will attend.
Shitty of me to give you guys such short noticeUndecided

RE: socal STD meetup? - makin' smoke - 04-14-2011

Let's do next weekend, The 23rd. That way we can all moto down to San D together. Everybody within driving distance needs to be there!

RE: socal STD meetup? - dieselboy - 04-14-2011

I have a 4 day weekend this weekend and its supposed to be awesome weather too.

Im def rolling to the socal euro meet at qualcomm this year too in july
http://www.socaleuro.com/forum/showthread.php/54582-Big-SoCal-Euro-Gathering-2011-July-30th

I agree that this weekend is tits and that we ALL need to go.

Hey Makin' (that name is sweet! btw) we could still meetup since were like 15 mi. from each other.... I have smashed up some of those sweet riche canyon dirt hills in the benz haha

RE: socal STD meetup? - dieselboy - 04-15-2011

Whats the word guys?

RE: socal STD meetup? - 300D50 - 04-15-2011

Thunderbird, sold good and cold.

RE: socal STD meetup? - Captain America - 04-15-2011

(04-15-2011, 07:29 PM)300D50 Thunderbird, sold good and cold.

Well I dunno what ^^^ Means But Garage cant go and Stan is mute.

Fuel pump failed on moms Yukon tonight so I need to R&R that thing now anyway...

Guess We'll have to reschedule, Makin' Smoke and I are going to meetup though...

RE: socal STD meetup? - 300D50 - 04-15-2011

What's the word, thunderbird, how's it sold, good and cold, what's the jive, birds alive

Thanks for the help, arse!

haha

RE: socal STD meetup? - makin' smoke - 04-15-2011

Yeah, hit me up cap. We'll have a pre meet this weekend. This "socal" meet needs to happen though! I never thought I'd meet another with the same passion for old school MB diesel power.

RE: socal STD meetup? - garage - 04-15-2011

Yeah guys, i should be good next weekend..

RE: socal STD meetup? - dieselboy - 04-15-2011

I have plans next weekend.

Diesel, you can come up my way if you'd like. We can have equal fun Tongue
Makin' Thought you were gonna hit me up! haah

RE: socal STD meetup? - Captain America - 04-18-2011

Oh man that meetup was amazing! I had so much fun!!!!

Nooooooooooot Sad

I did meet up with Makin' tonight though. His diesel collection is pretty cool between the two 300's the suburban and the freight. He even provided pizza and beer! Big Grin I hear the next meet up is at his place....

RE: socal STD meetup? - makin' smoke - 04-19-2011

Haha! I don't know about the first meet, but defenately! I would love to have a bunch of old MB rattlers fill the neighborhood with smoke. I haven't pissed anyone off for awhile. Someone got the city on me about the freight a few months back. If I don't run it for a week, she let's out a healthy cloud. I feel like batman escaping through the smoke screen. Haha!
"WINNING!"Lol. I got out of my tickets and fines. I was "asked" if I can just park it in the yard off the street.

RE: socal STD meetup? - 300D50 - 04-19-2011

Did you really just pretend to be the guy from 2.5 men? really?

RE: socal STD meetup? - makin' smoke - 04-19-2011

That was the perfect opportunity to use it. I had too. Its kinda funny.

RE: socal STD meetup? - dieselboy - 04-19-2011

Well my plans changed if you want to cruise down im cool. I'll be fixing my bronco. (transmission, turbo, front driveshaft)

Sounds like someone had a LOT of fun for a SHORT time! Tongue

RE: socal STD meetup? - Captain America - 04-19-2011

(04-19-2011, 03:48 PM)dieselboy Well my plans changed if you want to cruise down im cool. I'll be fixing my bronco. (transmission, turbo, front driveshaft)

Eh?

I blew my turbo pulling a jeep out of the mud then I managed to break the transmission without the turbo winching a f-350 out of a creek.

But if you guys want to cruise down and bs and do what ever let me know.

I thought it was an awesome 4wd burnout that caused the shaft to break, trans to gut, and the turbo to over-spool and grenade.

Nah I sucked a silicon boot into the turbo. It's the original turbo with 200+k on it. I'm just changing the compressor wheel.

RE: socal STD meetup? - stan - 04-20-2011

(04-19-2011, 02:16 PM)makin smoke . If I don't run it for a week, she let's out a healthy cloud. I feel like batman escaping through the smoke screen. Haha!

my red TD would blow a big healthy cloud of smoke when started up for the first time of the day. one day the bitchy old lady who is on the HOA board (who has been responsible for letters, fines, a hearing, and more!) was doing something in her garage with the door open. i started my car and it belched the most epic cloud of thick dark smoke. the wind was just exactly perfect, and carried the entire cloud totally intact right into that hag's garage all at once. i had to contain my laughter long enough to run back into my house, where i discovered my mother had seen the whole thing and was more entertained than even i was.

basically, it was awesome as fuck.

RE: socal STD meetup? - makin' smoke - 04-20-2011

Now that is an awesome story.

RE: socal STD meetup? - chach007 - 07-23-2011

(04-01-2011, 02:56 AM)stan seems like a decent handful of us are within a reasonable driving distance of each other. i know that i'm within an hour of garage, dieselboy, captain america, and i think rudolph and delivery valve are in southern california as well?

we need to have some kind of meetup! brainstorm ways to outdo the fins, etc.

Hey Stan I'm the newbie on this site. i'm in Oceanside not far from all you guys. I might see you guys next weekend @ Qualcom Stadium.

RE: socal STD meetup? - dieselboy - 07-24-2011

I won't make it to qualcomm. I'll be up in pismo beach.

RE: socal STD meetup? - EDMfan - 03-13-2012

Everyone is welcome to stop by our little meet up in April

http://www.socaleuro.com/forum/showthread.php/59602-1st-Annual-Christensen-Peformance-Euro-Meet

http://www.facebook.com/events/193778110731341/

Thanks!

RE: socal STD meetup? - w123love - 03-13-2012

I’m down to head up to this. Any other Californians?

RE: socal STD meetup? - EDMfan - 03-16-2012

(03-13-2012, 10:58 PM)w123love I’m down to head up to this. Any other Californians?

::Thumbs up::Big Grin

RE: socal STD meetup? - Captain America - 03-19-2012

If my shits together Im down!

RE: socal STD meetup? - sassparilla_kid - 03-22-2012

I'm probably gonna be nearing finals time with lots of projects and shit goin on Sad

RE: socal STD meetup? - JohnSD - 08-11-2012

Let me know when you guys are getting together again and I will try to make it. I am in Scripps Ranch and have two 1987 190DTs. I have the head off one right now though. It cracked right around the pre-chamber. (OM602.961 motor). I have another head one in the mail and I'm planning on having a machine shop go through the head and do a top end rebuild on it before I put it together.

RE: socal STD meetup? - Captain America - 08-12-2012

Pretty sure I'm the only one left working on one...

Stan bailed
Dunno what Garage is up to
Jesse bent a rod

RE: socal STD meetup? - w123love - 08-13-2012

Reece is going to Texas...fuuuu

RE: socal STD meetup? - JohnSD - 08-13-2012

Copy that. I don't have anything that interesting to look at as far as performance mods on my machines anyway. Mainly veg mods and gauges at this point. I eventually want to do a W201 project car, but at this point I am too busy to take on an ambitious project.

RE: socal STD meetup? - sassparilla_kid - 08-13-2012

I'm down to head down there at some point, after I finish getting my car all buttoned up... one of them, anyway CoolTongueBig Grin

RE: socal STD meetup? - garage - 08-25-2012

Me have no Mercedes anymore.
Me miss Mercedes.
Me broke f250.
Me have no money.

I have dreams to build a rally w123 to compete in some of the offroad races in SoCal, but that dream keeps getting farther and further away.

RE: socal STD meetup? - casioqv - 08-29-2012

(08-11-2012, 10:59 PM)JohnSD Let me know when you guys are getting together again and I will try to make it. I am in Scripps Ranch and have two 1987 190DTs.

Any photos of the 190D Turbo? How long have you had this grey one?

There's not a lot of people with these in SoCal, and I sold my grey 190D Turbo a while back. I'm wondering if you might have my old car?

RE: socal STD meetup? - atypicalguy - 03-02-2019

I'm in LA, sunset and 405. Would be fun to get coffee somewhere. I think Surf Rodder is in Malibu; not sure who else is lurking about.