STD
Going out to Cali, anyone in the SF area? - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Open (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Going out to Cali, anyone in the SF area? (/showthread.php?tid=2504)

Going out to Cali, anyone in the SF area? - 300D50 - 04-11-2011

I'll be in SF May 8th-16th, mostly for the Google I/O developer conference, and a mini vacation, hehe.
My return date is open-ended due to a prior obligation no longer being in the way, so I might be able to stay a few more days, have yet to book the flight.

Who's in the area?

RE: Going out to Cali, anyone in the SF area? - dieselboy - 04-11-2011

I'll be in Davis for a big Volvo meet. The 13th-15th. By big I mean 200+ cars avg.
It's about 2hrs from there.

RE: Going out to Cali, anyone in the SF area? - DeliveryValve - 04-11-2011

Dieselkraut, charmalu, Syncro_G, and shredator are folks off the top of my head are around SF. If you can meet with Dieselkraut, optimistically the 8mm pump could be running in his car by then and you can see it first hand.

RE: Going out to Cali, anyone in the SF area? - JB3 - 04-11-2011

schedule an extra 5 days to visit CA junkyards. Should be mind blowing, this is something I want to do.

RE: Going out to Cali, anyone in the SF area? - 300D50 - 04-11-2011

One small problem, the house is only rented till 4:00 on the 15th...
The plan is to check our luggage with the owners, then do whatever till our flights leave.

If I were to do it, I'd be couch-surfing or staying up 24/7 for 5 days!
(04-11-2011, 03:20 PM)dieselboy I'll be in Davis for a big Volvo meet. The 13th-15th. By big I mean 200+ cars avg.
It's about 2hrs from there.

Shows 1:32 from sfo to Davis on goog maps.
And holy hell, that's an 8 hour drive for you from SD!

RE: Going out to Cali, anyone in the SF area? - garage - 04-11-2011

(04-11-2011, 06:13 PM)dropnosky schedule an extra 5 days to visit CA junkyards. Should be mind blowing, this is something I want to do.

I saw numerous w126 chassis today, at least four w114/w115 chassis, numerous, 190's both D and E, a few w124s, and three old ponton type Benzs, including a fintail.
Theres definetly a large selection out here.

RE: Going out to Cali, anyone in the SF area? - 300D50 - 04-11-2011

It's a bit off-topic for the forum, but how goes the Mitsubishi Montero/Mighty Max pickings?
I've been salivating for some Mitsubishi parts to spiff up my truck...
If I can somehow come back with a large "checked bag" of parts and avoid shipping...

RE: Going out to Cali, anyone in the SF area? - garage - 04-11-2011

I couldnt tell ya 300D50.
I usually dont search the trucks/vans that often.
I will keep my eyes open from here out and try and let you know what i find.

RE: Going out to Cali, anyone in the SF area? - 300D50 - 04-14-2011

No need to do a special search, I don't even know what I need... Rolleyes

I tend to window-shop the yards, and get things as they come to mind/make an impression.

Jesse, when are you leaving on the 15th from the davis meet? I might be able to swing seperate tickets so I can fly in to SFO and fly out of SAN. I wouldn't want to impose, and this is still just speculative. I'm not sure if my summer courses will allow a long stay either, gotta check the academic calendar...

RE: Going out to Cali, anyone in the SF area? - dieselboy - 04-14-2011

Dunno yet when I'm leaving. That's to far away still lol.

RE: Going out to Cali, anyone in the SF area? - Syncro_G - 04-14-2011

(04-11-2011, 03:22 PM)DeliveryValve Dieselkraut, charmalu, Syncro_G, and shredator are folks off the top of my head are around SF. If you can meet with Dieselkraut, optimistically the 8mm pump could be running in his car by then and you can see it first hand.

I'm in the East Bay. I don't have much time left after work and family but would be happy to meet if the timing works.

RE: Going out to Cali, anyone in the SF area? - 300D50 - 04-20-2011

Well, I need to book my flight by the end of the week, so looks like I'll be leaving on the 15th as planned.