STD
Does anyone know how much boost a stock OM 606 can handle safely and reliably? - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Engine (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Does anyone know how much boost a stock OM 606 can handle safely and reliably? (/showthread.php?tid=2592)

Does anyone know how much boost a stock OM 606 can handle safely and reliably? - SuperturboCozzy - 05-05-2011

I am thinking of using two Turbos on my future OM606 project, does anyone know how much boost a stock OM 606 can handle safely and reliably?

RE: Does anyone know how much boost a stock OM 606 can handle safely and reliably? - jeemu - 05-06-2011

Boost not break the engine. It s the power, but 2.5-3 bar is most used here.

RE: Does anyone know how much boost a stock OM 606 can handle safely and reliably? - SuperturboCozzy - 05-09-2011

(05-06-2011, 01:45 AM)jeemu Boost not break the engine. It s the power, but 2.5-3 bar is most used here.

WOW! thats substantial, i was thinking a smaller KKK26, feeding an HX40. Any Turbo genius's out there that can tell me how well these two turbos will play together?

Anyone in the US or Canada modifying and tuning these pumps yet?

Whats the price and turnaround time for 7mm elements at Myna?

I hear there has been progress in controlling the stock 606 Electric Ip?

Data logging? I saw the 606 header by KKD, are there any other new products coming to market?

RE: Does anyone know how much boost a stock OM 606 can handle safely and reliably? - aaa - 05-09-2011

A k26, feeding? That makes no sense to me. Maybe the other way around.

If you take your time and find a local diesel shop you can get done locally for cheaper. You'd have to provide the elements and probably make a return trip for fine tuning though. Myna would be far faster, probably two weeks.

RE: Does anyone know how much boost a stock OM 606 can handle safely and reliably? - E300TSC - 05-10-2011

The larger turbo always feeds the smaller one. In my limited experience, commercial diesel shops will seem interested in your project but in the end, their commercial customers will come first and you will be quickly placed on the back shelf and forgotten.

RE: Does anyone know how much boost a stock OM 606 can handle safely and reliably? - SuperturboCozzy - 05-10-2011

Jeemu, i saw on you tube a compound turbo setup, OM 606 in a BMW. What turbos did you find matched up well? Are you making more of those headers? Is there any progress on stand alone engine management?

RE: Does anyone know how much boost a stock OM 606 can handle safely and reliably? - jeemu - 05-11-2011

(05-10-2011, 04:06 PM)SuperturboCozzy Jeemu, i saw on you tube a compound turbo setup, OM 606 in a BMW. What turbos did you find matched up well? Are you making more of those headers? Is there any progress on stand alone engine management?
Hi. It s an OM605 and not tested turbos yet. We have some differend wheels and housings those turbos, so i believe at we can found good working setup. I dont do manifolds others and i have mechanical ip.