STD
om617 injection pump questions - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Engine (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: om617 injection pump questions (/showthread.php?tid=3273)

om617 injection pump questions - fabricator001 - 01-13-2012

Ok, im new to the forum, i've joined to get schooled on the oldschool om617 as i've chosen it as the powerplant for a project of mine. Im looking for more power than the stock 123hp 180lb ft of this motor. everyone posts that the injection pump is the weak link so i want to upgrade that first and get the project off to a good start. Does anyone want to let a new member know where to find a high output injection pump for the om617, or better yet where to send a core for upgrade. Is there a place here in the states that does a good job upgrading them. Ive read about the MYNA, and other foreign companies overseas but knowing how to deal with them is questionable. All of the "diesel performance" shops i've contacted locally here in South Carolina modify injection pumps to factory "high end" (basically recalibration) and wont tackle upgrading elements or plungers or anything else i've read about. My motor is going into a full sized truck. I've read plenty of high number horsepower quotes on here. Im mainly looking for torque. i've read numbers of over 200hp from these motors and as high as 300+ so i know i picked the right motor as a starting point. Just want to get my bearings on how to move forward from here. I Tried messaging/emailing rudolf directly but havent gotten a response, might have gotten deleted or overlooked, so im turning to the entire community here. Any and all information provided will be appreciated, even if its just directing me to an older post that i havent uncovered yet.

Thanks in advance,

RE: om617 injection pump questions - ronnie - 01-13-2012

What truck are you putting it in?

RE: om617 injection pump questions - Captain America - 01-14-2012

Rudolf has sold his project car and has moved onto an offroad project. He come here still on occasion. Delivery Valve had a shop set up to do elements in a pump here in Cali. I dont think I've heard the outcome of that. OM616 is the only person I know of here in the states that can do it. Other than that, I would look to Dieselmeken in Sweden for any adjustment you need. He can definitely handle it!

RE: om617 injection pump questions - fabricator001 - 01-14-2012

Who is OM616? Is it a member on here? Or a shop? The truck is a gmc sierra.

RE: om617 injection pump questions - sassparilla_kid - 01-15-2012

OM616 is a member, for a lot of good info about IPs try checking out the IP adjustment procedure thread at the top of the engine section of the forum

RE: om617 injection pump questions - DeliveryValve - 01-15-2012

(01-14-2012, 03:55 AM)Captain America ....Delivery Valve had a shop set up to do elements in a pump here in Cali. I dont think I've heard the outcome of that. ...

The two MW Pumps that had tomnik's elements installed were kmaser and SurfRodder. I know kmaser is dialing in his truck and last I've heard SurfRodder is still in the process of getting his stuff together.

The local fuel injection shop to me had their "Mercedes" expert leave the company and went to work for another fuel injection shop. They recommended that I keep in contact with him and send him any work to be done. So if you have any pumps you want done, provided you supply the elements, I still get it done for you all for around $500.00.

RE: om617 injection pump questions - OM616 - 01-15-2012

(01-15-2012, 02:09 AM)DeliveryValve
(01-14-2012, 03:55 AM)Captain America ....Delivery Valve had a shop set up to do elements in a pump here in Cali. I dont think I've heard the outcome of that. ...

The two MW Pumps that had tomnik's elements installed were kmaser and SurfRodder. I know kmaser is dialing in his truck and last I've heard SurfRodder is still in the process of getting his stuff together.

The local fuel injection shop to me had their "Mercedes" expert leave the company and went to work for another fuel injection shop. They recommended that I keep in contact with him and send him any work to be done. So if you have any pumps you want done, provided you supply the elements, I still get it done for you all for around $500.00.

For $500.00, he is the guy to go to. Exclamation

You should send a box of chocolates as well, Heart lol.

RE: om617 injection pump questions - sassparilla_kid - 01-15-2012

$500 isn't too bad, any ideas about how much larger elements run?

RE: om617 injection pump questions - kmaser - 01-15-2012

(01-15-2012, 01:14 PM)OM616
(01-15-2012, 02:09 AM)DeliveryValve

For $500.00, he is the guy to go to. Exclamation

You should send a box of chocolates as well, Heart lol.

Yes I did get my pump Done for $500 and I supplied Tomnik's 6.5mm elements, It is installed and running good on my rebuilt OM617a. Right now I believe the limiting factor is my turbo ( soon to be changed ).

RE: om617 injection pump questions - DeliveryValve - 01-16-2012

(01-15-2012, 01:50 PM)sassparilla_kid $500 isn't too bad, any ideas about how much larger elements run?

It might depend on whether you use either a MW or M pump. tomnik's plungers and barrells were over $500.00. I was trying acquire cheap $15 per unit Chinese 8mm P's&B's for the MW, that has been a total fail that I won't take the lead again on. But would consider participating in if someone else does it.

RE: om617 injection pump questions - fabricator001 - 01-18-2012

Where can i look to purchase elements. I need to get them asap so i can get a pump sent out to be modified. Cant wait around too long. Im checking this site regularly, someone let me know where to buy good elements. Thanks

RE: om617 injection pump questions - DeliveryValve - 01-18-2012

Uprated MW pump elements are practically non-existent. Tomnik does not have any more. There is the possibility of Chinese 10mm elements, but they are too big and the quality may not be there.
tomnik does however have 7.5mm elements for the M-pump. If you want to go that route and don't have a M-pump, PM me, I know someone who has several that he can sell.