STD
Fram 8038 On a SLS Wagon? - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Engine (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Fram 8038 On a SLS Wagon? (/showthread.php?tid=3883)

Fram 8038 On a SLS Wagon? - w123love - 08-27-2012

Is this a possibility? I want to explore it now that I have the time to do so. Has anybody attempted it? My airfilter bracket broke for the second time in 1.5 years and I feel like this is a sign to try it out. I know the stock filter works very well, don’t need be schooled on that.

Thanks

RE: Fram 8038 On a SLS Wagon? - Secondaries - 08-28-2012

Don't see why not. Nothing about the sls system interferes with where that filter would fit.

As far as those brackets are concerned, i have a replacement waiting to go on, and i plan to paint it with a can of that rubberized paint in an effort too absorb see of the vibration and prevent future damage.

RE: Fram 8038 On a SLS Wagon? - w123love - 08-28-2012

(08-28-2012, 06:13 AM)Secondaries Don't see why not. Nothing about the sls system interferes with where that filter would fit.

As far as those brackets are concerned, i have a replacement waiting to go on, and i plan to paint it with a can of that rubberized paint in an effort too absorb see of the vibration and prevent future damage.

The standard place to put the 8038 is in the passenger front corner next to the headlight....there is just one problem. The SLS hydraulic fluid reservoir is in the way.

RE: Fram 8038 On a SLS Wagon? - sassparilla_kid - 08-28-2012

Maybe it would work with a big "U" connector, or two 90* ones

RE: Fram 8038 On a SLS Wagon? - Kozuka - 08-28-2012

Only way I can think of is relocate the battery, but there really isn't ample space to hide it since there is no trunk or take the fog light out and have it stick out of there. I took my sls crap and tossed it in the trash.

RE: Fram 8038 On a SLS Wagon? - aaa - 08-28-2012

Should be able to relocate the reservoir easily. Remember there's the cali wagons, I'm sure those relocated the reservoir someplace to make way for the airfilter.

RE: Fram 8038 On a SLS Wagon? - w123love - 08-28-2012

I managed to do some shuffling and it will slip right in. I picked one up at the local Oreily’s today. My SLS functions well so I don’t want to get rid of it.

The first step will be to move the two rubber hydraulic hoses up higher to get them out of the way. Easy enough, I just need to modify an existing bracket. Then the filter slips right behind the headlights and in front of the reservoir. I will post some pictures tomorrow.

RE: Fram 8038 On a SLS Wagon? - Cole - 08-29-2012

(08-28-2012, 11:02 PM)w123love I managed to do some shuffling and it will slip right in. I picked one up at the local Oreily’s today. My SLS functions well so I don’t want to get rid of it.

The first step will be to move the two rubber hydraulic hoses up higher to get them out of the way. Easy enough, I just need to modify an existing bracket. Then the filter slips right behind the headlights and in front of the reservoir. I will post some pictures tomorrow.

awesome! can't wait to see this

I've ridden in a lot of cars with many various types of suspension, but nothing takes speedbumps at 100km/h like a 300TD