STD
Blowin fuses - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Maintenance (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: General (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Blowin fuses (/showthread.php?tid=4142)

Blowin fuses - MFSuper90 - 12-03-2012

So everytime I hit my kickdown switch the fuse for my horn blows?? Its really annoying and I'm not sure where to even start looking.
Any advice is greatly appreciated,

-Eric

RE: Blowin fuses - Simpler=Better - 12-03-2012

I would start by not flooring it. Big Grin

The right way to fix it is clean up all your ground connections. The wrong way to fix it is to unplug your kickdown switch.

RE: Blowin fuses - MFSuper90 - 12-03-2012

(12-03-2012, 10:50 AM)Simpler=Better I would start by not flooring it. Big Grin

The right way to fix it is clean up all your ground connections. The wrong way to fix it is to unplug your kickdown switch.

Thats what ive been trying not to do Wink. Yeah, i figure thatd be a good start on it, i wasn't sure if it was a common problem, or just on mine

RE: Blowin fuses - Captain America - 12-04-2012

Everytime I put it in reverse, my tach stops working (and reverse lights go)..... Waaaaaa! Need to track down the short on mine too!

RE: Blowin fuses - sassparilla_kid - 12-04-2012

Probably 15% of the time when I roll down the driver's window it momentarily shuts the radio off

RE: Blowin fuses - Simpler=Better - 12-04-2012

Grounds, grounds, grounds. Check yo mofo grounds.

RE: Blowin fuses - MFSuper90 - 12-04-2012

Also my wiper blades work sometimes, and when they don't I can hear a wining noise in my dash? I love this car to death, but the little things that are alway wrong with it get under my skin Dodgy

RE: Blowin fuses - larsalan - 12-04-2012

the motor for the wipers is in front of the firewall. Under the panel that's between those vented spots in front of the windshield.
idk how you can get in there without destroying the body and stuff.
maybe the motor is crapping out. Maybe the motor is turning but the blade mechanics are somehow not connected. Like a loose set screw.

RE: Blowin fuses - MFSuper90 - 12-04-2012

(12-04-2012, 07:12 PM)larsalan the motor for the wipers is in front of the firewall. Under the panel that's between those vented spots in front of the windshield.
idk how you can get in there without destroying the body and stuff.
maybe the motor is crapping out. Maybe the motor is turning but the blade mechanics are somehow not connected. Like a loose set screw.

Thats what i was thinking too. Hopefully i get some free time in our shop to check out some of these annoying issues

RE: Blowin fuses - sassparilla_kid - 12-05-2012

So the seatbelt/driver door buzzer started crapping out on me too, so now the dome light doesn't come on when I open the door Sad

RE: Blowin fuses - Simpler=Better - 12-05-2012

All right, I'm going to call your Mothers and have them slap you around until you go outside and:

-Replace your fuses with copper/brass ones and clean the contacts

-Clean your ground connections up behind the dash, under the hood, in the trunk, (and others I forget)

Seriously. I suffered from weird crap until I got the one in the trunk refreshed, then it all went away.

RE: Blowin fuses - sassparilla_kid - 12-07-2012

Which one in the trunk? I some wires disconnected in the trunk lid, but when I connect them bad things happen

RE: Blowin fuses - Simpler=Better - 12-10-2012

(12-07-2012, 03:30 PM)sassparilla_kid Which one in the trunk? I some wires disconnected in the trunk lid, but when I connect them bad things happen

Trunk lid is for your trunk light, the grounds are under the plastic liners (I think the driver's side)