STD
finally! Pick n' Pull locations opening in New England - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Open (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: finally! Pick n' Pull locations opening in New England (/showthread.php?tid=4853)

finally! Pick n' Pull locations opening in New England - JB3 - 08-28-2013

Two in MA, one in RI. The RI one is 3 miles from work! I get to finally experience a yard run by these guys, with all these half price days and so on!

They seem to have taken over a local yard, wonder how the selection will be

RE: finally! Pick n' Pull locations opening in New England - MFSuper90 - 08-28-2013

Wish we had pick and pull around my place!

RE: finally! Pick n' Pull locations opening in New England - sassparilla_kid - 08-28-2013

I would like them more if the local one wasn't like 15 miles away in the ghetto

RE: finally! Pick n' Pull locations opening in New England - Simpler=Better - 08-28-2013

(08-28-2013, 07:38 PM)sassparilla_kid I would like them more if the local one wasn't like 15 miles away in the ghetto

Newsflash: land is cheap in the hood and the neighbor's don't care if there is a junkyard. Tongue

JB3:
There is a metal scrap yard in between the bucket and providence that will let you walk the yard and pick stuff out for 2x scrap value. It was near a place that specialized in making giant lead weights for the keels of boats.That's where I got the angle iron for my hitch, etc.

RE: finally! Pick n' Pull locations opening in New England - Austincarnut - 08-28-2013

(08-28-2013, 06:14 PM)JB3 Two in MA, one in RI. The RI one is 3 miles from work! I get to finally experience a yard run by these guys, with all these half price days and so on!

They seem to have taken over a local yard, wonder how the selection will be

I heard there are a few off the map yards in NH.

RE: finally! Pick n' Pull locations opening in New England - JB3 - 10-18-2013

well I finally went to the one in cumberland near me. Was pretty amazing, I kept looking around for 30 foot pools of mud or water with cars buried past the headlights, and none were there!

amazingly all the cars were sitting up on rims, I have heard and seen pics of this, but its a new one on me.

Unfortunately, the one 83 300D that was supposed to be there was not, but thats not unusual for 123 chassis vehicles in the area. they are pretty rare to show up these days.

RE: finally! Pick n' Pull locations opening in New England - lgreeley83 - 10-18-2013

I don't really trust their electronic databases. At least with the mercedes. They get american stuff right generally, but when you get some guy looking at 300d/240d/ blah blah i think they probably goof it up.

Like you said the cars not buried in swamps is pretty sweet.

RE: finally! Pick n' Pull locations opening in New England - JB3 - 10-18-2013

(10-18-2013, 12:25 PM)lgreeley83 I don't really trust their electronic databases. At least with the mercedes. They get american stuff right generally, but when you get some guy looking at 300d/240d/ blah blah i think they probably goof it up.

Like you said the cars not buried in swamps is pretty sweet.

I missed the patriots cheerleaders at pick n' pull in MA unfortunately. Still, the general setup is pretty nice. Beats some crotchety jackoff sitting behind a filthy counter covered in dusty parts books acting like you are stealing from his personal collection. 9 out of 10 local yards are like that.

RE: finally! Pick n' Pull locations opening in New England - Jooseppi Luna - 11-01-2013

I'm guessing that part of the reason hat P-n-P has not been in MA before is because there is a law that went on the books at somepoint that makes starting any new JYs illegal -- in other words, only existing JYs are allowed to continue existing. [rant]This was supposedly done for enviromental concerns, and of course was in NO shape or form connected to any desired lessening of competition/boost in land value or ANYTHING like that Dodgy[/rant]. That would be why P-n-P had to take over existing yards instead of starting their own.

There are two yards right near here, Holland's and Jack's (both in Billerica, MA), that are large and totally decent, although it's hard to find old Mercedes around here in general.

RE: finally! Pick n' Pull locations opening in New England - NapaBavarian - 12-22-2013

Pnp is taking over the world, I used to be able to buy cheap parts cars, I've dumped 15 or 20 this year and have twice that to go. Big parts arn't priced too terribly but small stuff, switches, sensors, injectors can add up fast. There are about a dozen I run into from time to time, I need to swap my 460 van to a 6.9 diesel and run it on black oil and pnp more often. If you figure it you can get some good deals, once I tried to stuff a complete 5 speed up my ass and walk out but Aparently this is not a doctor approved method of transmission transport. Perhaps part of my problem is 2 dozen projects and I get more instead of finnishing? More add than a third grade math class? I have a screw loose and lost the screwdriver?

RE: finally! Pick n' Pull locations opening in New England - Simpler=Better - 12-23-2013

(12-22-2013, 10:36 PM)NapaBavarian ...once I tried to stuff a complete 5 speed up my ass and walk out but Aparently this is not a doctor approved method of transmission transport. Perhaps part of my problem is 2 dozen projects and I get more instead of finnishing? More add than a third grade math class? I have a screw loose and lost the screwdriver?

You just described 3/4 of us on here. The other 1/4 are offline and actually finishing projects Tongue

RE: finally! Pick n' Pull locations opening in New England - NapaBavarian - 12-23-2013

The first project I need to finish it a concrete floor in the garage and sheeting on the walls painted white so I can see what I'm doing...