STD Tuning Body Mods Where can I get touch up paint for our cars?

Where can I get touch up paint for our cars?

Where can I get touch up paint for our cars?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

CID Vicious
Unregistered

01-08-2010, 05:12 PM #1
I have some spots that need attending to on the 300D. I bought a can of rustoleum navy blue but it's too blue and too light. Instead of torturing myself I might as well just get the 'real shit'.

Where are the paint codes on our cars? Are the Duplicolor paints any good for this, or should I find a stealership, or go online?
CID Vicious
01-08-2010, 05:12 PM #1

I have some spots that need attending to on the 300D. I bought a can of rustoleum navy blue but it's too blue and too light. Instead of torturing myself I might as well just get the 'real shit'.

Where are the paint codes on our cars? Are the Duplicolor paints any good for this, or should I find a stealership, or go online?

ForcedInduction
Banned

01-08-2010, 06:09 PM #2
The dealership should have touch-up paint for a pretty reasonable price. Give them the VIN and they'll know the code.
ForcedInduction
01-08-2010, 06:09 PM #2

The dealership should have touch-up paint for a pretty reasonable price. Give them the VIN and they'll know the code.

CID Vicious
Unregistered

01-08-2010, 09:26 PM #3
Cool. I was hoping that I was maybe going to get lucky, but I should know better - I used to mix my shop's paint on anything less than custom work. Just a drop of any color mixed up for a pint and you'll see it when the panels are next to each other.

It's still going to be quite noticeable to anyone who can tell, but you won't see it from a few yards away.
CID Vicious
01-08-2010, 09:26 PM #3

Cool. I was hoping that I was maybe going to get lucky, but I should know better - I used to mix my shop's paint on anything less than custom work. Just a drop of any color mixed up for a pint and you'll see it when the panels are next to each other.

It's still going to be quite noticeable to anyone who can tell, but you won't see it from a few yards away.

stan
Holset

08-12-2010, 01:40 PM #4
(01-08-2010, 05:12 PM)CID Vicious I have some spots that need attending to on the 300D. I bought a can of rustoleum navy blue but it's too blue and too light. Instead of torturing myself I might as well just get the 'real shit'.

get the paint code from the little panel on the radiator support. then order from paintscratch.com. i got one of their rattle cans + etc setups, and it worked really well.
stan
08-12-2010, 01:40 PM #4

(01-08-2010, 05:12 PM)CID Vicious I have some spots that need attending to on the 300D. I bought a can of rustoleum navy blue but it's too blue and too light. Instead of torturing myself I might as well just get the 'real shit'.

get the paint code from the little panel on the radiator support. then order from paintscratch.com. i got one of their rattle cans + etc setups, and it worked really well.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average