STD Tuning Engine Cruise control problems????

Cruise control problems????

Cruise control problems????

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

84300sd
Unregistered

03-10-2010, 02:57 PM #1
hi yall, ive got an 84 300 sd w/ auto tranny. On occansion my cruise control will come on and the car will accelerate. the lever on the steering column will not turn it off but i can use decel/set lever to slow it down, but it will continue if i let off. Please let me know whats going on. thanks eric
84300sd
03-10-2010, 02:57 PM #1

hi yall, ive got an 84 300 sd w/ auto tranny. On occansion my cruise control will come on and the car will accelerate. the lever on the steering column will not turn it off but i can use decel/set lever to slow it down, but it will continue if i let off. Please let me know whats going on. thanks eric

ForcedInduction
Banned

03-10-2010, 03:51 PM #2
Could be either bad solder joints in the amp (common) or corroded contacts in the column switch.
ForcedInduction
03-10-2010, 03:51 PM #2

Could be either bad solder joints in the amp (common) or corroded contacts in the column switch.

Alastair E
Moderator?--Nah...

03-10-2010, 04:21 PM #3
Just completely re-built my cruise-control amplifier and system...

But I believe your system has a different actuator to mine. I have a cylindrical vacuum actuator on the wheelhouse, I think yours is the electric motorised variety...

The 'ECU/amplifier works much the same, But the drive circuit to the throttle actuator is completely different.

Speed set, measurement comparators etc are much the same as is the MOSFET set-speed 'memory' circiut....

Your fault is most likely dry-joints on your ECU circuit-board. BUT BE very careful, and short-circuit the MOSFET connections before touching the board with an iron. The BSV81 Depletion-mode MOSFET is practically unobtainium and is VERY EASILY damaged easily by static Electricity

Speed/time errors (speed drops with time) will be the cap or the reed-relay block attached to the MOSFET flying-lead Gate connection....
Alastair E
03-10-2010, 04:21 PM #3

Just completely re-built my cruise-control amplifier and system...

But I believe your system has a different actuator to mine. I have a cylindrical vacuum actuator on the wheelhouse, I think yours is the electric motorised variety...

The 'ECU/amplifier works much the same, But the drive circuit to the throttle actuator is completely different.

Speed set, measurement comparators etc are much the same as is the MOSFET set-speed 'memory' circiut....

Your fault is most likely dry-joints on your ECU circuit-board. BUT BE very careful, and short-circuit the MOSFET connections before touching the board with an iron. The BSV81 Depletion-mode MOSFET is practically unobtainium and is VERY EASILY damaged easily by static Electricity

Speed/time errors (speed drops with time) will be the cap or the reed-relay block attached to the MOSFET flying-lead Gate connection....

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average