STD Other Trucks, semis, vans, transporters and mogs. OM617 adapters....who makes them?

OM617 adapters....who makes them?

OM617 adapters....who makes them?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

dohcdelsol93
Unregistered

07-20-2010, 08:14 AM #1
4x4labs out of CA makes an OM617 to chevy adapter (but their email addy is bad and they have a limited supply)

who else makes an adapter to bolt a chevy bellhousing/clutch/flywheel to an OM617 engine?

I'm going to be putting this engine in an 86 land cruiser and replacing the stock 2F gasser.

I have an endless supply of adapter bellhousings that will take my stock land cruiser H42 tranny to a SBC engine. I will have to use a low profile clutch/pressure plate (10 or 11" will both work)

And the engine output numbers are slightly better than the stock 2F but will net me better than 12-14mpg and i have the ability to use WVO when i stop being lazy and piece together a kit.

any help would be great

-Joshua

and...if anyone in the southeast (around upstate SC) knows of a good supplier for the OM617 turbo motors feel free to let me know...i want one. I don't mind if it's higher mileage as i intend on putting in new rings/bottom end bearings before i install it.
dohcdelsol93
07-20-2010, 08:14 AM #1

4x4labs out of CA makes an OM617 to chevy adapter (but their email addy is bad and they have a limited supply)

who else makes an adapter to bolt a chevy bellhousing/clutch/flywheel to an OM617 engine?

I'm going to be putting this engine in an 86 land cruiser and replacing the stock 2F gasser.

I have an endless supply of adapter bellhousings that will take my stock land cruiser H42 tranny to a SBC engine. I will have to use a low profile clutch/pressure plate (10 or 11" will both work)

And the engine output numbers are slightly better than the stock 2F but will net me better than 12-14mpg and i have the ability to use WVO when i stop being lazy and piece together a kit.

any help would be great

-Joshua

and...if anyone in the southeast (around upstate SC) knows of a good supplier for the OM617 turbo motors feel free to let me know...i want one. I don't mind if it's higher mileage as i intend on putting in new rings/bottom end bearings before i install it.

Anthony V
Unregistered

07-25-2010, 01:00 PM #2
Angry
(07-20-2010, 08:14 AM)dohcdelsol93 4x4labs out of CA makes an OM617 to chevy adapter (but their email addy is bad and they have a limited supply)

any help would be great

-Joshua

Anthony V
07-25-2010, 01:00 PM #2

Angry

(07-20-2010, 08:14 AM)dohcdelsol93 4x4labs out of CA makes an OM617 to chevy adapter (but their email addy is bad and they have a limited supply)

any help would be great

-Joshua

aaa
GT2256V

07-25-2010, 05:43 PM #3
How much do you expect it to be?
aaa
07-25-2010, 05:43 PM #3

How much do you expect it to be?

dohcdelsol93
Unregistered

07-28-2010, 07:45 AM #4
i found another supplier who currently makes them only for Auto Gm trannys and is re-tooling for both manual and AT GM trannys.

Both are a hair under a grand...not a bad price.

I'm still in the planning stages, found 2 of these engines at the LKQ locally for 300 each with the core charge but one has a tight turbo and the other has a ton of oil caked in the turbo inlet so i'm not sure either of these are going to be good except for cores to rebuild.

Found another car locally that runs well

I just don't want to be where i am now with the 2f...when i'm towing my boat i can hardley merge onto the interstate and forget keeping 75mph going up hill.
dohcdelsol93
07-28-2010, 07:45 AM #4

i found another supplier who currently makes them only for Auto Gm trannys and is re-tooling for both manual and AT GM trannys.

Both are a hair under a grand...not a bad price.

I'm still in the planning stages, found 2 of these engines at the LKQ locally for 300 each with the core charge but one has a tight turbo and the other has a ton of oil caked in the turbo inlet so i'm not sure either of these are going to be good except for cores to rebuild.

Found another car locally that runs well

I just don't want to be where i am now with the 2f...when i'm towing my boat i can hardley merge onto the interstate and forget keeping 75mph going up hill.

ben2go
Diesel Dumby

10-15-2010, 11:06 AM #5
http://www.transmissionadapters.com/Merc...diesel.htm
Quote:and...if anyone in the southeast (around upstate SC) knows of a good supplier for the OM617 turbo motors feel free to let me know...i want one. I don't mind if it's higher mileage as i intend on putting in new rings/bottom end bearings before i install it.

I have had the same issue.I found one and the guy sold it on ebay.He refused to end the auction early.I have yet to see another.I will be looking for two complete cars at the first of the year.
This post was last modified: 10-15-2010, 11:10 AM by ben2go.

1990 Mercury Blue Max Cougar 3.8L with Automatic
Future OM617 Super Turbo Diesel Conversion with T56 6 Speed Manual
ben2go
10-15-2010, 11:06 AM #5

http://www.transmissionadapters.com/Merc...diesel.htm

Quote:and...if anyone in the southeast (around upstate SC) knows of a good supplier for the OM617 turbo motors feel free to let me know...i want one. I don't mind if it's higher mileage as i intend on putting in new rings/bottom end bearings before i install it.

I have had the same issue.I found one and the guy sold it on ebay.He refused to end the auction early.I have yet to see another.I will be looking for two complete cars at the first of the year.

1990 Mercury Blue Max Cougar 3.8L with Automatic
Future OM617 Super Turbo Diesel Conversion with T56 6 Speed Manual

JB3
Superturbo

10-28-2010, 11:31 AM #6

Its because E-mail won't take a raised "x" like they have on their website. You have to replace it with a standard lower case x in 4x4, and the email will work.

I just had a chat with the guy, and as of 10/28/10 he has 15 or so of the first run left for sale.

1974 240D 617 turbo swap, W201 5-speed, in the works project
1983 240D 616 stock, DD
1989 Chevy Astro, 617 turbo swap, T5 5-speed, 4.56 diff, work van

JB3
10-28-2010, 11:31 AM #6

Its because E-mail won't take a raised "x" like they have on their website. You have to replace it with a standard lower case x in 4x4, and the email will work.

I just had a chat with the guy, and as of 10/28/10 he has 15 or so of the first run left for sale.

1974 240D 617 turbo swap, W201 5-speed, in the works project
1983 240D 616 stock, DD
1989 Chevy Astro, 617 turbo swap, T5 5-speed, 4.56 diff, work van

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average