STD Tuning Engine Extrude Hone

Extrude Hone

Extrude Hone

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
mantahead
Holset

10-01-2012, 04:07 PM #51
(10-01-2012, 02:43 PM)lpumb3 i was just talking to a gentleman , at Kennametal extrude honing . im trying to find out a little more about there process and if a small batch can be honed at any of there facility's. i dont even know if the 617 injectors can be "honed) so any info specs ie: flow per pulse ? pop pressure , spring differences shims etc .any changes in the injector body's diameters etc. would be greatly appreciated , also specs an DVs would be helpful as well . pics are great , so that i can email visuals to him .
thanks for any help related .
hi, i read a thread over on competition diesel, where jeemu had tried extrude honing with his injectors and he compared dyno graphs with original injectors and iirc he lost slight top end power, but his torque came in 500rpm earlier.
Ask jeemu, he will be able to tell you better.
mantahead
10-01-2012, 04:07 PM #51

(10-01-2012, 02:43 PM)lpumb3 i was just talking to a gentleman , at Kennametal extrude honing . im trying to find out a little more about there process and if a small batch can be honed at any of there facility's. i dont even know if the 617 injectors can be "honed) so any info specs ie: flow per pulse ? pop pressure , spring differences shims etc .any changes in the injector body's diameters etc. would be greatly appreciated , also specs an DVs would be helpful as well . pics are great , so that i can email visuals to him .
thanks for any help related .
hi, i read a thread over on competition diesel, where jeemu had tried extrude honing with his injectors and he compared dyno graphs with original injectors and iirc he lost slight top end power, but his torque came in 500rpm earlier.
Ask jeemu, he will be able to tell you better.

tomnik
Holset

10-01-2012, 11:47 PM #52
don't mix up TDI nozzles with bores in the closed nozzle tip and our "open" nozzles for the prechamber Benzes.
I modified a set for jeemu but not honing the bore. This will completely change the spay angle.

From my personal experience the steps for better delivery are:

pump
delivery valves
prechambers
nozzles

Tom
tomnik
10-01-2012, 11:47 PM #52

don't mix up TDI nozzles with bores in the closed nozzle tip and our "open" nozzles for the prechamber Benzes.
I modified a set for jeemu but not honing the bore. This will completely change the spay angle.

From my personal experience the steps for better delivery are:

pump
delivery valves
prechambers
nozzles

Tom

lpumb3
617 300sd

10-02-2012, 09:30 AM #53
thanks tomnik,
with that said , should i jump to the ip adjustment forum? i wouldnt try to switch around injectors . that thought occured to me when i was discussing the injectors with extrude. Do you know anything about "prechamber porting " then ? can the prechambers be deleted/replaced by a larger injector like an idi injector from an old cummins or what ever idi , injector that would mimick the spray pattern .could a clever machinist make it happen ?adjusting pop pressures etc or is that just silly talk .
lpumb3
10-02-2012, 09:30 AM #53

thanks tomnik,
with that said , should i jump to the ip adjustment forum? i wouldnt try to switch around injectors . that thought occured to me when i was discussing the injectors with extrude. Do you know anything about "prechamber porting " then ? can the prechambers be deleted/replaced by a larger injector like an idi injector from an old cummins or what ever idi , injector that would mimick the spray pattern .could a clever machinist make it happen ?adjusting pop pressures etc or is that just silly talk .

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average