STD Tuning Engine OM616 swap

OM616 swap

OM616 swap

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

om615
Unregistered

08-23-2011, 12:56 PM #1
hi everybody. i currently have an OM616 engine in an '88 type 611 chassis (also called T1 and 407D)

as everybody knows this combination is slower than a snail. the vehicle weight is 2680 kilos and the engine once had 72Hp.

now i got 2 options:

1. turbocharge my current OM616
2. swap the engine for a more powerful one.

for option 1 my question is: do i need an alda? or is there an other way to do it? i already once changed the output of the M-pump but dont know if this on its own would be usefull for a turbo swap.

for option 2 my question is: has anyone here done this before? i mean swapping in an other engine than an Om616 or OM617. reason i ask is the limited space for the engine.

nicest swap would be a 3 litre 6 cilinder turbodiesel ofcourse.

i looked all over the internet for days but seems like no one ever tried to swap an engine in one of these, so virtually no info about what fits and what doesnt available.Huh
om615
08-23-2011, 12:56 PM #1

hi everybody. i currently have an OM616 engine in an '88 type 611 chassis (also called T1 and 407D)

as everybody knows this combination is slower than a snail. the vehicle weight is 2680 kilos and the engine once had 72Hp.

now i got 2 options:

1. turbocharge my current OM616
2. swap the engine for a more powerful one.

for option 1 my question is: do i need an alda? or is there an other way to do it? i already once changed the output of the M-pump but dont know if this on its own would be usefull for a turbo swap.

for option 2 my question is: has anyone here done this before? i mean swapping in an other engine than an Om616 or OM617. reason i ask is the limited space for the engine.

nicest swap would be a 3 litre 6 cilinder turbodiesel ofcourse.

i looked all over the internet for days but seems like no one ever tried to swap an engine in one of these, so virtually no info about what fits and what doesnt available.Huh

tomnik
Holset

08-24-2011, 05:32 AM #2
Hi,

the closest in dimension with reasonable increase in performance is a 2.3l Turbodiesel out of a Vito.
Or if you have more space look into Sprinter 2.3 or 2.9 l.

If your goal is not too high, just do the pump with 6 or 7mm elements. This is also the cheapest and easiest way.

Tom
tomnik
08-24-2011, 05:32 AM #2

Hi,

the closest in dimension with reasonable increase in performance is a 2.3l Turbodiesel out of a Vito.
Or if you have more space look into Sprinter 2.3 or 2.9 l.

If your goal is not too high, just do the pump with 6 or 7mm elements. This is also the cheapest and easiest way.

Tom

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average