STD Maintenance General Heater cancellation?

Heater cancellation?

Heater cancellation?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

smoke026
When the Cat's away the mice will play!

09-01-2011, 08:55 AM #1
Want to cancel all the heater components on my car. I live in hot ass weather year round so a heater is useless to me.

What if any negative effects will this have on the motor? What does this project entail?

thank,
This post was last modified: 09-01-2011, 09:04 AM by smoke026.
smoke026
09-01-2011, 08:55 AM #1

Want to cancel all the heater components on my car. I live in hot ass weather year round so a heater is useless to me.

What if any negative effects will this have on the motor? What does this project entail?

thank,

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

09-01-2011, 09:09 AM #2
Do you still use your a/c? If you do, your climate control uses heating components for temperature control.

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

DeliveryValve
09-01-2011, 09:09 AM #2

Do you still use your a/c? If you do, your climate control uses heating components for temperature control.

smoke026

09-01-2011, 09:21 AM #3
Yes I still use A/C! The climate control heating opt never worked anyhow, "the temperature dial does not work as inteded"-it still looks bright and pretty though..8)

previous owner wired the aux fan directly, so a/c blows cold immediately with a push of a button inside the cab. I can also conclude that this also eliminated a lot of the opts in the (push button switches).
Only thing i use is BLOWER MAX in combination with the Function Select button (the TOP-DOWN) and it gets COOL enough to liking.

What I would like to do is get rid of the heater circulation pump and its electrical connectors/hoses. They are to bulky and take up crucial space I would like to utilize behind the headlight.

I need to cap off the water pump somehow. Im trying to read up on what ever diagrams I have.

This post was last modified: 09-01-2011, 03:49 PM by smoke026.
smoke026
09-01-2011, 09:21 AM #3

Yes I still use A/C! The climate control heating opt never worked anyhow, "the temperature dial does not work as inteded"-it still looks bright and pretty though..8)

previous owner wired the aux fan directly, so a/c blows cold immediately with a push of a button inside the cab. I can also conclude that this also eliminated a lot of the opts in the (push button switches).
Only thing i use is BLOWER MAX in combination with the Function Select button (the TOP-DOWN) and it gets COOL enough to liking.

What I would like to do is get rid of the heater circulation pump and its electrical connectors/hoses. They are to bulky and take up crucial space I would like to utilize behind the headlight.

I need to cap off the water pump somehow. Im trying to read up on what ever diagrams I have.

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

09-03-2011, 10:37 AM #4
Well remember, removing your heater equipment will reduce the value of you car, if your planning to sell it.

DeliveryValve
09-03-2011, 10:37 AM #4

Well remember, removing your heater equipment will reduce the value of you car, if your planning to sell it.

smoke026

09-03-2011, 11:17 AM #5
Yep,,ur 100% right on that. I want to keep everything reversible though. I have kept everything in sets of 2 so that when I do sell her she will be put back together in a couple hours.

Actually I have very little mods (Baldwin Fuel filter, EGR cancellation, Cruise Control Removal)

This is another reason why Im thinking about disregarding the AMSOIL bypass filter setup. Although, If I still insisted I would tap the Turbo Banjo behind the oil housing vs the actual cap.

Thanks for your opinion, i will consider it. The truth is, non molested cars will always fetch more money and being that selling IS an opt for me then it would be wise to just leave her heater alone.

smoke026
09-03-2011, 11:17 AM #5

Yep,,ur 100% right on that. I want to keep everything reversible though. I have kept everything in sets of 2 so that when I do sell her she will be put back together in a couple hours.

Actually I have very little mods (Baldwin Fuel filter, EGR cancellation, Cruise Control Removal)

This is another reason why Im thinking about disregarding the AMSOIL bypass filter setup. Although, If I still insisted I would tap the Turbo Banjo behind the oil housing vs the actual cap.

Thanks for your opinion, i will consider it. The truth is, non molested cars will always fetch more money and being that selling IS an opt for me then it would be wise to just leave her heater alone.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average