STD Tuning Engine building a drift car!

building a drift car!

building a drift car!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

eamonn
Naturally-aspirated

05-06-2012, 06:43 AM #1
hi, this is my first post here so bare with me! i want to build a diesel drift car just for a challenge and for something a bit different! i ha ve plenty of experience with petrol but diesel tuning is completely new to me but im looking forward to the chaallenge.

this is what i have to work with: w210 e300 turbo diesel, 98 model with the om606 engine

im looking to get 350-400 horse power from it but im looking for advice on what turbo to use, IP, intercooler etc. and any other modifications needed. i have a guy who can fabricate custom manifolds etc for me too, i want to get the engine where i want it first and then worry about drivetrain and suspension

any input at all would be great as im a complete newbie to diesel tuning!
eamonn
05-06-2012, 06:43 AM #1

hi, this is my first post here so bare with me! i want to build a diesel drift car just for a challenge and for something a bit different! i ha ve plenty of experience with petrol but diesel tuning is completely new to me but im looking forward to the chaallenge.

this is what i have to work with: w210 e300 turbo diesel, 98 model with the om606 engine

im looking to get 350-400 horse power from it but im looking for advice on what turbo to use, IP, intercooler etc. and any other modifications needed. i have a guy who can fabricate custom manifolds etc for me too, i want to get the engine where i want it first and then worry about drivetrain and suspension

any input at all would be great as im a complete newbie to diesel tuning!

bad3gakk
om605 - kkk27 - w124

05-06-2012, 08:15 AM #2
Throw the IP in the nearest bin, and replace it with a modded IP from a om603...
Figure out how U want to supply it with enough air to burn all the diesel.. Supercharger and a large turbo combo seems to be a good way to do this in the drifting world Smile
Custom exhaust manifold will be needed Smile Large intercooler too Smile
bad3gakk
05-06-2012, 08:15 AM #2

Throw the IP in the nearest bin, and replace it with a modded IP from a om603...
Figure out how U want to supply it with enough air to burn all the diesel.. Supercharger and a large turbo combo seems to be a good way to do this in the drifting world Smile

eamonn
Naturally-aspirated

05-06-2012, 01:42 PM #3
(05-06-2012, 08:15 AM)bad3gakk Throw the IP in the nearest bin, and replace it with a modded IP from a om603...

thanks for the reply!

i think ill be fine with just a turbo for now, from what i can figure out a holset hx35 would be my best option maybe?
i should be able to get my hands on an om603 IP easy enough but where do i send it to get it modified?

thanks
eamonn
05-06-2012, 01:42 PM #3

(05-06-2012, 08:15 AM)bad3gakk Throw the IP in the nearest bin, and replace it with a modded IP from a om603...

thanks for the reply!

i think ill be fine with just a turbo for now, from what i can figure out a holset hx35 would be my best option maybe?
i should be able to get my hands on an om603 IP easy enough but where do i send it to get it modified?

thanks

bad3gakk
om605 - kkk27 - w124

05-06-2012, 01:46 PM #4
I reccomend www.herlevi.fi, contact these guys, you'll probably wount find a better bang for the buck, and they make a hell of a bang Big Grin
A 603 IP shouldt be too hard to find from a scrapyard.. But herlevi might have one too...
bad3gakk
05-06-2012, 01:46 PM #4

I reccomend www.herlevi.fi, contact these guys, you'll probably wount find a better bang for the buck, and they make a hell of a bang Big Grin
A 603 IP shouldt be too hard to find from a scrapyard.. But herlevi might have one too...

eamonn
Naturally-aspirated

05-06-2012, 01:54 PM #5
(05-06-2012, 01:46 PM)bad3gakk I reccomend www.herlevi.fi, contact these guys, you'll probably wount find a better bang for the buck, and they make a hell of a bang Big Grin

thanks for that, how do you rate the hx35 turbo? what boost would i be running and wht rpm do you think it would start pulling at?

eamonn
05-06-2012, 01:54 PM #5

(05-06-2012, 01:46 PM)bad3gakk I reccomend www.herlevi.fi, contact these guys, you'll probably wount find a better bang for the buck, and they make a hell of a bang Big Grin

thanks for that, how do you rate the hx35 turbo? what boost would i be running and wht rpm do you think it would start pulling at?

mantahead
Holset

05-07-2012, 12:10 PM #6
(05-06-2012, 01:54 PM)eamonn

hi,
they have quite a bit of lag, small housing will help.
this is om605 with Dieselmeken pump, this will work better with custom exhaust manifold.

[Image: utf-8BSU1HMDA2MzUtMjAxMTExMjMtMTIwMi5qcGc.jpg]

here is drift video.

http://youtu.be/bMhdp_c4c5w

mantahead
05-07-2012, 12:10 PM #6

(05-06-2012, 01:54 PM)eamonn

hi,
they have quite a bit of lag, small housing will help.
this is om605 with Dieselmeken pump, this will work better with custom exhaust manifold.

[Image: utf-8BSU1HMDA2MzUtMjAxMTExMjMtMTIwMi5qcGc.jpg]

here is drift video.

http://youtu.be/bMhdp_c4c5w

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average