STD Tuning Engine om602 Turbo tuning

om602 Turbo tuning

om602 Turbo tuning

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

kova
Naturally-aspirated

05-20-2012, 08:54 AM #1
Hi....I have a w201 whit 602 Turbo engine...it is bone stock...I am thinking about going into 250-300hp project...

Beeing a noobish that I am I would appreciated some help and guides....

Firstly the turbo...which is the best one for that power that I am seeking...hx30,hx35, or other brands?

Secondly the pump...I am located in Croatia(Europe) and dont know a thing were to buy elements, and which size for that power....

Thirdly, IC? where to mount it without cutting the bumper? what dim?

Any advice will help a lot...

The look of the car dosent flow whit its performance but I hope that will soon end...

[Image: a182w.jpg]

Thx!
kova
05-20-2012, 08:54 AM #1

Hi....I have a w201 whit 602 Turbo engine...it is bone stock...I am thinking about going into 250-300hp project...

Beeing a noobish that I am I would appreciated some help and guides....

Firstly the turbo...which is the best one for that power that I am seeking...hx30,hx35, or other brands?

Secondly the pump...I am located in Croatia(Europe) and dont know a thing were to buy elements, and which size for that power....

Thirdly, IC? where to mount it without cutting the bumper? what dim?

Any advice will help a lot...

The look of the car dosent flow whit its performance but I hope that will soon end...

[Image: a182w.jpg]

Thx!

tomnik
Holset

05-20-2012, 10:28 AM #2
Hi,

welcome here.

do you have someone who can build a pump?

Turbo: do you want to buy used or new?
With a good pump even the stock turbo off a 603a will do the job...
I personally don't like the turbo lag so my choice is a slightly bigger one.
I have no experience with Holset but what you can read here a HX35 should be o.k.

elements: the bigger the better and no compromise on quality.
At least 7.5mm.

IC: water/air will keep the plumbing small. Preferably something across the valve cover. I still have not found MY best solution but it might end up in n/a intake manifold modified to connect a flat IC. Then a separate water circuit with radiator (maybe A/C condenser), expansion tank and pump.

Where in Croatia are you located?

Tom
tomnik
05-20-2012, 10:28 AM #2

Hi,

welcome here.

do you have someone who can build a pump?

Turbo: do you want to buy used or new?
With a good pump even the stock turbo off a 603a will do the job...
I personally don't like the turbo lag so my choice is a slightly bigger one.
I have no experience with Holset but what you can read here a HX35 should be o.k.

elements: the bigger the better and no compromise on quality.
At least 7.5mm.

IC: water/air will keep the plumbing small. Preferably something across the valve cover. I still have not found MY best solution but it might end up in n/a intake manifold modified to connect a flat IC. Then a separate water circuit with radiator (maybe A/C condenser), expansion tank and pump.

Where in Croatia are you located?

Tom

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

05-21-2012, 02:21 AM #3
Good looking Car!

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

Captain America
05-21-2012, 02:21 AM #3

Good looking Car!

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

kova
Naturally-aspirated

05-21-2012, 06:48 AM #4
Hi....I am from Zagreb,capital citiy of Croatia...

Unfortunately I dnot know someone who could rebuild a pump...But I am in seeking of...

Turbo doesnt really matter is it new or used(always can be repaired)...Getting one is the problem, from a truck maybe, or some other cars? 1.9 TDI fans are satisfied whit 3.0 Audi Turbo or from e39 530D Turbo...
I also share your opinion...Dont like the lag too...

Further more...On the elements which are real mystery for me...Where to buy them? how much they cost and how to fine tweak the pump when it all comes in place?

Sry for being a noob but hey we all need help sometimes...
This post was last modified: 05-21-2012, 06:49 AM by kova.
kova
05-21-2012, 06:48 AM #4

Hi....I am from Zagreb,capital citiy of Croatia...

Unfortunately I dnot know someone who could rebuild a pump...But I am in seeking of...

Turbo doesnt really matter is it new or used(always can be repaired)...Getting one is the problem, from a truck maybe, or some other cars? 1.9 TDI fans are satisfied whit 3.0 Audi Turbo or from e39 530D Turbo...

Further more...On the elements which are real mystery for me...Where to buy them? how much they cost and how to fine tweak the pump when it all comes in place?

pp d
K26-2

05-21-2012, 07:20 AM #5
Here is one guy who could modify Your pump with 7,5 m elements Wink

By the way, in finish kova means hard.
pp d
05-21-2012, 07:20 AM #5

Here is one guy who could modify Your pump with 7,5 m elements Wink

By the way, in finish kova means hard.

tomnik
Holset

05-21-2012, 10:20 AM #6
Hi,

if you can control a BMW turbo (VTG/VNT) then the mentioned GT25.. is a good choice. I have 2 of them, rebuilt, but too stupid to control the boost.
My next option is a BorgWarner off a V12 600 biturbo (wastegate).
But still playing with my stock turbo and other settings.

You're right elements is a real mysteryAngel

Tom

(05-21-2012, 06:48 AM)kova Hi....I am from Zagreb,capital citiy of Croatia...

tomnik
05-21-2012, 10:20 AM #6

Hi,

if you can control a BMW turbo (VTG/VNT) then the mentioned GT25.. is a good choice. I have 2 of them, rebuilt, but too stupid to control the boost.
My next option is a BorgWarner off a V12 600 biturbo (wastegate).
But still playing with my stock turbo and other settings.

You're right elements is a real mysteryAngel

Tom

(05-21-2012, 06:48 AM)kova Hi....I am from Zagreb,capital citiy of Croatia...

kova
Naturally-aspirated

05-28-2012, 10:42 AM #7
Ok! Change of plans! Not going for 300hp! Because lack of bigger elements I will be satisfied with 6mm...

Well...I did some research..whit 6mm and whit proper pump tune it can be expected more than 200whp of om602...

Next thing that is bothering me is the turbo? What turbo would do the trick? Dont want too much of a lag...T3/T4 or others? What dims? please help!
kova
05-28-2012, 10:42 AM #7

Ok! Change of plans! Not going for 300hp! Because lack of bigger elements I will be satisfied with 6mm...

Well...I did some research..whit 6mm and whit proper pump tune it can be expected more than 200whp of om602...

Next thing that is bothering me is the turbo? What turbo would do the trick? Dont want too much of a lag...T3/T4 or others? What dims? please help!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average