STD Tuning Engine OM601 Oil no return/drain back valve + thermostat.

OM601 Oil no return/drain back valve + thermostat.

OM601 Oil no return/drain back valve + thermostat.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

yorkie_chris
Naturally-aspirated

09-02-2012, 11:27 AM #1
My OM601 seems to be dropping the oil out of the filter back into the sump when left stood overnight.

The oil light stays on for 4-5 seconds on cold start.

Thought on the off chance it might be something to do with the O rings on the stem that that fits inside filter element but I've changed those out and no difference.

Anyone know where the no-return valve is if there is one and what they're like to change?

Also I'd quite like to change the thermostat as it runs pretty cool, around 60 according to gauge and I reckon it should be a bit higher. Is the 'stat in the housing on the heat where it looks like it should be or is it hidden in some nefarious place you'd never suspect?
yorkie_chris
09-02-2012, 11:27 AM #1

My OM601 seems to be dropping the oil out of the filter back into the sump when left stood overnight.

The oil light stays on for 4-5 seconds on cold start.

Thought on the off chance it might be something to do with the O rings on the stem that that fits inside filter element but I've changed those out and no difference.

Anyone know where the no-return valve is if there is one and what they're like to change?

Also I'd quite like to change the thermostat as it runs pretty cool, around 60 according to gauge and I reckon it should be a bit higher. Is the 'stat in the housing on the heat where it looks like it should be or is it hidden in some nefarious place you'd never suspect?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average