STD Maintenance General injection pump timimg

injection pump timimg

injection pump timimg

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DirtDiesel
K26-2

09-04-2012, 07:19 PM #1
i recently bought a 82 3ooD and have put a couple hundred miles on it so far i love it but it needs some help. i dont know if this is correct so ill give some symptoms and maybe you guys could help out.

seems to lope a little.
little white puffs of smoke out of tailpipe.
if i let the glow plugs run for longer than the light then start it will run better but if i just start after the light then it will have a little hiccup every now and again.

there are some other little things goin on but i thought id start with that. i dont know if all these are asociated with the pump or whatnot but i thought id ask. thanks for input
DirtDiesel
09-04-2012, 07:19 PM #1

i recently bought a 82 3ooD and have put a couple hundred miles on it so far i love it but it needs some help. i dont know if this is correct so ill give some symptoms and maybe you guys could help out.

seems to lope a little.
little white puffs of smoke out of tailpipe.
if i let the glow plugs run for longer than the light then start it will run better but if i just start after the light then it will have a little hiccup every now and again.

there are some other little things goin on but i thought id start with that. i dont know if all these are asociated with the pump or whatnot but i thought id ask. thanks for input

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

09-05-2012, 08:25 AM #2
Adjust your valves, that should smooth things out. After the valve adjustment, check your fuel lines to make sure air isn't getting in. Make sure all 5 glow plugs are working.

Reconditioning your injectors costs around $80 ($60ish? for the cleaning/setting, and then $20 or so for new heat shields&shipping). That will really smooth things out. They might need new nozzles-you won't know until they're out of the car. Greazzer's your man for injector work.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
09-05-2012, 08:25 AM #2

Adjust your valves, that should smooth things out. After the valve adjustment, check your fuel lines to make sure air isn't getting in. Make sure all 5 glow plugs are working.

Reconditioning your injectors costs around $80 ($60ish? for the cleaning/setting, and then $20 or so for new heat shields&shipping). That will really smooth things out. They might need new nozzles-you won't know until they're out of the car. Greazzer's your man for injector work.

larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

DirtDiesel
K26-2

09-05-2012, 01:48 PM #3
is there a nozzle from say another mb diesel that would provide better fuel or spray? im currently enrolled in college but this next summer plan to start on some tweaking. just trying to read up and get the most information and advice i can.

also can some voice their opionions on shop manuals? i seem to be getting some mixed information as to which bible would be the best option for me. and i dont want to spend money on one just to find that it was better to have another.

if you cant already tell im new to the mb diesel. just kinda learning as i go i did a tranny swap and alxe replacement already. its still covered with the previous owners grease so maybe this weekend to pass the time ill clean that baby off and start tracing down leaks. any suggestions on how to remove tough grease build up effeciently?

thanks
DirtDiesel
09-05-2012, 01:48 PM #3

is there a nozzle from say another mb diesel that would provide better fuel or spray? im currently enrolled in college but this next summer plan to start on some tweaking. just trying to read up and get the most information and advice i can.

also can some voice their opionions on shop manuals? i seem to be getting some mixed information as to which bible would be the best option for me. and i dont want to spend money on one just to find that it was better to have another.

if you cant already tell im new to the mb diesel. just kinda learning as i go i did a tranny swap and alxe replacement already. its still covered with the previous owners grease so maybe this weekend to pass the time ill clean that baby off and start tracing down leaks. any suggestions on how to remove tough grease build up effeciently?

thanks

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

09-05-2012, 01:56 PM #4
Best bang for the buck is to adjust your valves.

There are Monark, Bosio, and Bosch nozzles-there is a lot to be read on the subject. I'm no expert. It's best to get new nozzles when servicing the injectors, as used nozzles are typically worn and it's a gamble.

For cleaning grease you can just cover the air intake and alternator, then hose it off with a pressure washer. be sure to put something on the block-it WILL rust after a pressure washing.

Simpler=Better
09-05-2012, 01:56 PM #4

Best bang for the buck is to adjust your valves.

There are Monark, Bosio, and Bosch nozzles-there is a lot to be read on the subject. I'm no expert. It's best to get new nozzles when servicing the injectors, as used nozzles are typically worn and it's a gamble.

For cleaning grease you can just cover the air intake and alternator, then hose it off with a pressure washer. be sure to put something on the block-it WILL rust after a pressure washing.

DirtDiesel
K26-2

09-12-2012, 05:15 PM #5
what should i use to put on the block after im done pressure wahing it. anything to apply as i wash underneath
DirtDiesel
09-12-2012, 05:15 PM #5

what should i use to put on the block after im done pressure wahing it. anything to apply as i wash underneath

larsalan
Superturbo

09-12-2012, 06:39 PM #6
(09-12-2012, 05:15 PM)DirtDiesel what should i use to put on the block after im done pressure wahing it.

diesel? motor oil? paint? silicone lubricant.

I think paint would be the best. Cause all the oil on the block is like a insulator.

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'
larsalan
09-12-2012, 06:39 PM #6

(09-12-2012, 05:15 PM)DirtDiesel what should i use to put on the block after im done pressure wahing it.

diesel? motor oil? paint? silicone lubricant.

I think paint would be the best. Cause all the oil on the block is like a insulator.

Rusted out beat down 300d turbo 82' -- RIP
Nice body, tons of ridiculous mechanical issues - 300d turbo 82' /motor 85'

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

11-17-2012, 04:49 AM #7
(09-05-2012, 01:48 PM)DirtDiesel any suggestions on how to remove tough grease build up effeciently?

I usually make a run into the sand (i.e desert) once in a while to "sandblast" the bottom of the car to get rid of the buildup... good thing is that there will still be a nice light coat of oil and the sand will keep it somewhat protected as well... usually looks really good for a couple of months after that...these things are remarkably capable offroad...

W123 Mods: 4 speed ** manual climate control ** '85 Kalitucky intake ** manual windows & full tint ** Euro headlights retrofit w/bixenon projectors ** 4 brake light mod ** Vogtland 50mm drop front & Lesjofors S600 drop rear springs ** 16" rims ** late w126 brake spindles, rotors & calipers ** full suspension rehab ** Bilstein HDs ** AL129X alternator & 1/0 starter and charging cables ** 300GD clutch/flywheel ** AFCO 80103N radiator & Earl's 41610 oil cooler ** custom block-off plate, remote oil filter & t-stat ** MW IP w/ tomnik's 6.5mm 'Holly' elements **

S124 Mods: 400E Rear subframe ** SL600 Brakes ** Late 300E 210mm diff ** SLK230 6 speed ** 17" CLK rims ** Vented RF Fender ** Facelift Hood, Headlights, and Lower Cladding **

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
11-17-2012, 04:49 AM #7

(09-05-2012, 01:48 PM)DirtDiesel any suggestions on how to remove tough grease build up effeciently?

I usually make a run into the sand (i.e desert) once in a while to "sandblast" the bottom of the car to get rid of the buildup... good thing is that there will still be a nice light coat of oil and the sand will keep it somewhat protected as well... usually looks really good for a couple of months after that...these things are remarkably capable offroad...

W123 Mods: 4 speed ** manual climate control ** '85 Kalitucky intake ** manual windows & full tint ** Euro headlights retrofit w/bixenon projectors ** 4 brake light mod ** Vogtland 50mm drop front & Lesjofors S600 drop rear springs ** 16" rims ** late w126 brake spindles, rotors & calipers ** full suspension rehab ** Bilstein HDs ** AL129X alternator & 1/0 starter and charging cables ** 300GD clutch/flywheel ** AFCO 80103N radiator & Earl's 41610 oil cooler ** custom block-off plate, remote oil filter & t-stat ** MW IP w/ tomnik's 6.5mm 'Holly' elements **

S124 Mods: 400E Rear subframe ** SL600 Brakes ** Late 300E 210mm diff ** SLK230 6 speed ** 17" CLK rims ** Vented RF Fender ** Facelift Hood, Headlights, and Lower Cladding **

OBK# 62

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average