STD Tuning Engine Problem with diesel pump OM605

Problem with diesel pump OM605

Problem with diesel pump OM605

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sondre
Naturally-aspirated

10-07-2012, 08:56 AM #1
Hello, im having some trouble with the diesel pump on my car.

When im driving, for about 20-30min, the car suddenly makes a very "mechanical" sound, and then allot of black smoke comes out from the exhaust. When i was driving yesterday it happened again, the car loses power and start to go a little uneven, when i put my foot of the throttle, it become back to normal after a few seconds. I stopped at a bus stop, and gave some throttle with the car in "P" After a few minutes of reving the engine, the car began to make the same sound, and i noticed the car was giving throttle by itself. I shut the car off, and the engine continued doing so for about 5 seconds until it stopped. Started up the car again and you could tell that there was allot more diesel in the cylinder when it fired up. Shut it of and tried again, then it started normally. Does anyone have any idea what's happening here? And how to fix it? The pump has been adjusted to give more fuel then normal, and i hope that adjusting it down to normal again will solve it.

If anyone have any comments, they will be appreciated Smile
This post was last modified: 10-07-2012, 08:58 AM by Sondre.
Sondre
10-07-2012, 08:56 AM #1

Hello, im having some trouble with the diesel pump on my car.

When im driving, for about 20-30min, the car suddenly makes a very "mechanical" sound, and then allot of black smoke comes out from the exhaust. When i was driving yesterday it happened again, the car loses power and start to go a little uneven, when i put my foot of the throttle, it become back to normal after a few seconds. I stopped at a bus stop, and gave some throttle with the car in "P" After a few minutes of reving the engine, the car began to make the same sound, and i noticed the car was giving throttle by itself. I shut the car off, and the engine continued doing so for about 5 seconds until it stopped. Started up the car again and you could tell that there was allot more diesel in the cylinder when it fired up. Shut it of and tried again, then it started normally. Does anyone have any idea what's happening here? And how to fix it? The pump has been adjusted to give more fuel then normal, and i hope that adjusting it down to normal again will solve it.

If anyone have any comments, they will be appreciated Smile

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average