STD Tuning Engine tool for pump change on 60x

tool for pump change on 60x

tool for pump change on 60x

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

axel606
K26-2

10-07-2012, 02:53 PM #1
    just made this today,well i made two actually ! the mercedes 'basket tool' is a bit poor so i made something better, it is a tricky job with the engine 'installed' anyway and this just makes it a lot more straight forward, it holds the pump sprocket absolutely where it should be, i already have the little screw in pump locker and the basket 'thing' is £120+ pounds in the uk and not very good . worth making one if you do this alot and i do.    
This post was last modified: 10-07-2012, 10:07 PM by axel606.
axel606
10-07-2012, 02:53 PM #1

just made this today,well i made two actually ! the mercedes 'basket tool' is a bit poor so i made something better, it is a tricky job with the engine 'installed' anyway and this just makes it a lot more straight forward, it holds the pump sprocket absolutely where it should be, i already have the little screw in pump locker and the basket 'thing' is £120+ pounds in the uk and not very good . worth making one if you do this alot and i do.    

raysorenson
Superturbo

10-07-2012, 06:12 PM #2
Is that a bearing race?
raysorenson
10-07-2012, 06:12 PM #2

Is that a bearing race?

axel606
K26-2

10-07-2012, 10:05 PM #3
(10-07-2012, 06:12 PM)raysorenson Is that a bearing race?
hi there ,no its just a plain steel ring i bored out on my lathe to give a clearance fit on the outside of the drive sprocket for the injector pump, as i am sure you know when you withdraw the pump driveshaft the tension on the camchain pulls the whole thing down and it makes it tricky to reassemble .(i normally undo the hydraulic tensioner to its last couple of threads to let as much tension off as possible)
basically this 'jig' holds the sprocket in its position so the pump can be put back in without the chain dangling down into the bowels of the engine ,i realise the chain cannot fall off around the bottom of the crank, but it just makes a tricky operation nice and easy,and yes the clearance is enough for the engine to be rotated with the jig in place. -axel
axel606
10-07-2012, 10:05 PM #3

(10-07-2012, 06:12 PM)raysorenson Is that a bearing race?
hi there ,no its just a plain steel ring i bored out on my lathe to give a clearance fit on the outside of the drive sprocket for the injector pump, as i am sure you know when you withdraw the pump driveshaft the tension on the camchain pulls the whole thing down and it makes it tricky to reassemble .(i normally undo the hydraulic tensioner to its last couple of threads to let as much tension off as possible)
basically this 'jig' holds the sprocket in its position so the pump can be put back in without the chain dangling down into the bowels of the engine ,i realise the chain cannot fall off around the bottom of the crank, but it just makes a tricky operation nice and easy,and yes the clearance is enough for the engine to be rotated with the jig in place. -axel

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average