STD Tuning Engine Air line size question: turbo-IC-manifold

Air line size question: turbo-IC-manifold

Air line size question: turbo-IC-manifold

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

kotka
K26-2

10-10-2012, 12:26 PM #1
hi,
I continue my project to "merry" om606A, mechanic pump with Tom's elements, GT28RS, customized IC and manifolds on my g-vagon.

[Image: i-82.jpg]

here the first cut of the manifold for your fun Big Grin but more to follow

so the question is:

a) the compressor output is 51mm
b) IC i plan put has 76mm in-out pattern

what line's (turbo-IC-manifold) diameter would you recommend?

i'm thinking of 76 or 63mm

76 would give more lag i think as the lines volumes is 21% larger then 63 ones. so more time to make sound pressure in there.

any ideas?
kotka
10-10-2012, 12:26 PM #1

hi,
I continue my project to "merry" om606A, mechanic pump with Tom's elements, GT28RS, customized IC and manifolds on my g-vagon.

[Image: i-82.jpg]

here the first cut of the manifold for your fun Big Grin but more to follow

so the question is:

a) the compressor output is 51mm
b) IC i plan put has 76mm in-out pattern

what line's (turbo-IC-manifold) diameter would you recommend?

i'm thinking of 76 or 63mm

76 would give more lag i think as the lines volumes is 21% larger then 63 ones. so more time to make sound pressure in there.

any ideas?

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

10-10-2012, 01:01 PM #2
I've always believed that bigger is better so long as it fits under the hood. Don't know the exact effect on spool times, but it will probably be negligible (half a second? don't know)

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
10-10-2012, 01:01 PM #2

I've always believed that bigger is better so long as it fits under the hood. Don't know the exact effect on spool times, but it will probably be negligible (half a second? don't know)

larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

10-10-2012, 06:40 PM #3
I'm not trying to rain on your parade or downgrade your work in anyway, but header pipes are all suppose to be the same length.

Other than that sounds like a bada** project! Smile

And i dont know about spool time, but ive been told by many that the bigger the piping after the turbo, the better.

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         
MFSuper90
10-10-2012, 06:40 PM #3

I'm not trying to rain on your parade or downgrade your work in anyway, but header pipes are all suppose to be the same length.

Other than that sounds like a bada** project! Smile

And i dont know about spool time, but ive been told by many that the bigger the piping after the turbo, the better.

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin

kotka
K26-2

10-10-2012, 10:39 PM #4
Same length of pipes helps get max output of the tubular manifold at paticular rpms. The diff length defenitelly reduces max "effectiveness" but smooth the torque pattern. In my case the smooth and extended high torque pattern is the key - it's a offroader Smile
It would be nice to make all pipes equal but g-vagon hood doesnt allow for this and.... this is not a racer Wink

Btw - what makes bigger line better?
This post was last modified: 10-10-2012, 11:15 PM by kotka.
kotka
10-10-2012, 10:39 PM #4

Same length of pipes helps get max output of the tubular manifold at paticular rpms. The diff length defenitelly reduces max "effectiveness" but smooth the torque pattern. In my case the smooth and extended high torque pattern is the key - it's a offroader Smile
It would be nice to make all pipes equal but g-vagon hood doesnt allow for this and.... this is not a racer Wink

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

10-11-2012, 07:23 AM #5
You can always make the pipes .5m long and stick the turbo up above the hood Big Grin

Simpler=Better
10-11-2012, 07:23 AM #5

You can always make the pipes .5m long and stick the turbo up above the hood Big Grin

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

10-12-2012, 10:19 PM #6
(10-10-2012, 10:39 PM)kotka Same length of pipes helps get max output of the tubular manifold at paticular rpms. The diff length defenitelly reduces max "effectiveness" but smooth the torque pattern. In my case the smooth and extended high torque pattern is the key - it's a offroader Smile

I figured you knew more about it than i did, i was just throwin my 2 cents in Tongue The header looks pretty sweet!

MFSuper90
10-12-2012, 10:19 PM #6

(10-10-2012, 10:39 PM)kotka Same length of pipes helps get max output of the tubular manifold at paticular rpms. The diff length defenitelly reduces max "effectiveness" but smooth the torque pattern. In my case the smooth and extended high torque pattern is the key - it's a offroader Smile

I figured you knew more about it than i did, i was just throwin my 2 cents in Tongue The header looks pretty sweet!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average