STD Tuning Engine Vacuum pump dead?

Vacuum pump dead?

Vacuum pump dead?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Purplecomputer
Slowness 220D

11-24-2012, 04:41 PM #1
So the other day, I loose breaks when I am trying to pull into the driveway of my job. No big deal...

I go around the block, get the car in the driveway and park. Turn off the engine and nothing!

Its still running. I learned from ronnie, that engine shut off is controlled by the vacuum. So I open the hood expecting to see a loose hose. That is not what I find.

I find Oil i spewing out the big hose coming from the vacuum pump and I couldnt stop the engine with the engine stop tab on the linkage.

So I disconnect fuel and choke the engine of air. Got it off and hopefully i didnt seize it.

Anyone have any idea what might be the issue? Is it common for oil to come out of hoses with a bad vacuum pump?
This post was last modified: 11-24-2012, 04:42 PM by Purplecomputer.
Purplecomputer
11-24-2012, 04:41 PM #1

So the other day, I loose breaks when I am trying to pull into the driveway of my job. No big deal...

I go around the block, get the car in the driveway and park. Turn off the engine and nothing!

Its still running. I learned from ronnie, that engine shut off is controlled by the vacuum. So I open the hood expecting to see a loose hose. That is not what I find.

I find Oil i spewing out the big hose coming from the vacuum pump and I couldnt stop the engine with the engine stop tab on the linkage.

So I disconnect fuel and choke the engine of air. Got it off and hopefully i didnt seize it.

Anyone have any idea what might be the issue? Is it common for oil to come out of hoses with a bad vacuum pump?

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

11-24-2012, 04:44 PM #2
Don't know a lot but sounds like vac diaphragms. You can pull the pump, gut it, and reinstall as a quick fix until you can get parts

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
11-24-2012, 04:44 PM #2

Don't know a lot but sounds like vac diaphragms. You can pull the pump, gut it, and reinstall as a quick fix until you can get parts

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

Purplecomputer
Slowness 220D

11-24-2012, 04:53 PM #3
(11-24-2012, 04:44 PM)Simpler=Better Don't know a lot but sounds like vac diaphragms. You can pull the pump, gut it, and reinstall as a quick fix until you can get parts

Im not in a rush at this point. the mercedes is going to be a sunday/project car as I am probably buying a daily driver tomorrow. Just wanted to get an idea since its just sitting at my jobs driveway
Purplecomputer
11-24-2012, 04:53 PM #3

(11-24-2012, 04:44 PM)Simpler=Better Don't know a lot but sounds like vac diaphragms. You can pull the pump, gut it, and reinstall as a quick fix until you can get parts

Im not in a rush at this point. the mercedes is going to be a sunday/project car as I am probably buying a daily driver tomorrow. Just wanted to get an idea since its just sitting at my jobs driveway

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average