STD Tuning Engine mechanical high HP om606 faq

mechanical high HP om606 faq

mechanical high HP om606 faq

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

elpgringo
Naturally-aspirated

04-06-2013, 12:26 PM #1
is there a faq somewhere with the info on how to make a mechanical om606 with high horsepower?

what years, models to find the turbo om606? in USA vs. Canada vs. Europe?

what years, models to find the mechanical injection pump? in USA vs. Canada vs. Europe?

is there a particular model number of injection pump to look for?

where can bigger elements be obtained?

what else am i missing? is this too complex of a process to have a working faq? are there too many variables depending on what someone's build priorities may be?

i've seen bits and pieces of some of this info, but each thread i've looked at has points that are vague and confusing. i'd like to start collecting parts for my own project, but i don't even know where to start & what to look for in the salvage yards.
elpgringo
04-06-2013, 12:26 PM #1

is there a faq somewhere with the info on how to make a mechanical om606 with high horsepower?

what years, models to find the turbo om606? in USA vs. Canada vs. Europe?

what years, models to find the mechanical injection pump? in USA vs. Canada vs. Europe?

where can bigger elements be obtained?

what else am i missing? is this too complex of a process to have a working faq? are there too many variables depending on what someone's build priorities may be?

i've seen bits and pieces of some of this info, but each thread i've looked at has points that are vague and confusing. i'd like to start collecting parts for my own project, but i don't even know where to start & what to look for in the salvage yards.

aaa
GT2256V

04-07-2013, 01:15 AM #2
(04-06-2013, 12:26 PM)elpgringo what years, models to find the turbo om606? in USA vs. Canada vs. Europe?
98/99 w210 E300TD, outside the US it was also in the 96+ w140 S300D.

Quote:what years, models to find the mechanical injection pump? in USA vs. Canada vs. Europe?
Pretty much any six cylinder 603/mech 606 pump. The w124 300d NA showed up in 85 outside the US, in US there's the 86/87 300sdl turbo and 87 300d turbo, the 350sdls, plus the 94/95 606 300D.

Quote:where can bigger elements be obtained?
A number of shops install them, there's Myna, dieselmeken, pp d

Quote:what else am i missing? is this too complex of a process to have a working faq? are there too many variables depending on what someone's build priorities may be?
You didn't ask much about turbos, which is probably what would vary the most depending on what someone wants. The pump part is pretty straightforward, if you want any significant power gains you need to upgrade your pump.
aaa
04-07-2013, 01:15 AM #2

(04-06-2013, 12:26 PM)elpgringo what years, models to find the turbo om606? in USA vs. Canada vs. Europe?
98/99 w210 E300TD, outside the US it was also in the 96+ w140 S300D.

Quote:what years, models to find the mechanical injection pump? in USA vs. Canada vs. Europe?
Pretty much any six cylinder 603/mech 606 pump. The w124 300d NA showed up in 85 outside the US, in US there's the 86/87 300sdl turbo and 87 300d turbo, the 350sdls, plus the 94/95 606 300D.

Quote:where can bigger elements be obtained?
A number of shops install them, there's Myna, dieselmeken, pp d

Quote:what else am i missing? is this too complex of a process to have a working faq? are there too many variables depending on what someone's build priorities may be?
You didn't ask much about turbos, which is probably what would vary the most depending on what someone wants. The pump part is pretty straightforward, if you want any significant power gains you need to upgrade your pump.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average