STD Tuning Engine 606.962 Compound, Twin or Single VGT?

606.962 Compound, Twin or Single VGT?

606.962 Compound, Twin or Single VGT?

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
erling66
SuperDieselVan

12-30-2013, 08:21 AM #51
Mark_M I absolutely agree with you. And you mentioned the newest top of the line VNT. So what about the older Holset VGT? They are made for buses and heavy trucks, maybe they belong there?Dodgy unless you are tuning a school bus or you are a postal delivery guyTongue
Turbo, you mentioned that maybe Jeemu's turbo knowledge is not the best, than who has it? you??? even the mentioned BMW 550d or the Audi race team don't come close to Jeemu's 220hp/liter.
I have heard many things said about Jeemu the last few years, but to me he is still among the best and a great source of inspiration.

HuhCoolTongue
erling66
12-30-2013, 08:21 AM #51

Mark_M I absolutely agree with you. And you mentioned the newest top of the line VNT. So what about the older Holset VGT? They are made for buses and heavy trucks, maybe they belong there?Dodgy unless you are tuning a school bus or you are a postal delivery guyTongue
Turbo, you mentioned that maybe Jeemu's turbo knowledge is not the best, than who has it? you??? even the mentioned BMW 550d or the Audi race team don't come close to Jeemu's 220hp/liter.
I have heard many things said about Jeemu the last few years, but to me he is still among the best and a great source of inspiration.

HuhCoolTongue

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

12-30-2013, 09:45 AM #52
(12-30-2013, 08:21 AM)erling66 ......unless you are tuning a school bus or you are a postal delivery guyTongue

That's funny-his project car IS a postal Jeep

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
12-30-2013, 09:45 AM #52

(12-30-2013, 08:21 AM)erling66 ......unless you are tuning a school bus or you are a postal delivery guyTongue

That's funny-his project car IS a postal Jeep

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

Duncansport
Holset

12-30-2013, 10:45 AM #53
[quote=I have heard many things said about Jeemu the last few years, but to me he is still among the best and a great source of inspiration.
[/quote]

Yes on this.... as his signature says "some do, some people talk".
Duncansport
12-30-2013, 10:45 AM #53

[quote=I have heard many things said about Jeemu the last few years, but to me he is still among the best and a great source of inspiration.
[/quote]

Yes on this.... as his signature says "some do, some people talk".

Turbo
Holset

12-30-2013, 02:20 PM #54
Well
regarding the garett VNT turbos there is at least 5 generations, VNT turbos is OEM turbos with means it is very hard to get hold of compressor and turbine maps, if you use them in the wrong way they are not going to work well. After a certain degree opening say 75% and more does not really increase performance that much and just get back pressure so it is not a good way to use them there. VNT system is a ideal better solution then VGT system.

Regarding the 535D turbo, witch come first with the LP K26 2871 HP KP39 1873 it gave about 270HK, when upgraded with VNT for HP turbo the engine put out about 300HP. if you compare a VNT to same basic turbo series the VNT has broader operation range, borg warners sc R2S system was develop to have a broader operation range then a single VNT turbo. To ad a VNT to the system make it more expensive. A well design VNT type of system has a very wide use of torque in general. So is you you a two serie VNT system get even wider.

And VNT has a problem that it can get clogged, and it can then over boost, I broke one engine in this way because of a mistake of missing the radiation protection for the Wastegate Actuator, let say that engine did not like 3,4 bars of boost, piston nr 4 cracked and come out in peaces when the engine was opened. But that VNT turbo generated 1 bars of boost on idle

So you do not think the 550D is that impressive, well torque of 546 lb-ft @ 2000 rpm 376HP 4400 atleast euro 5 exhaust emission class, it will not surprise me if some one tune this engine for about 500HP with just remap, max standard boost about 50psi still a 3l displacement, the two HP turbos is VNT kind, well it impresses me. Can se the vnt on

https://www.google.com/search?q=550d+bmw...B890%3B593

Well if you think jeemus 220HP/ liter is that most impressive, I guess that you never seen tractor pulling sport super stock or Pro stock? Look at those specification and it will blow you away... one of those tractor pulling firm build my pump.

And for the Lemans engine, all that power for 24 hour at full gas a lot of the time, that is mighty impressive to me, I have not manage to see Jeemu make some fullrace videos on strip, witch would be very nice to see though. And there is NO question ask that Jeemu is a great engine builder but just for you say that he is not on top it does not mean he is on the bottom. I did wrote -”Jeemu possesses decisiveness to put things together, perhaps turbo machinery is not his strongest ability...”

My latest project have had some miss happening and some people that I wanted to buy equipment from had not been manage deliver or get hold after a wile, when my project has come to point when it is time to show something I will create a project on STD. At that time it will be more clear if I know somethings about turbos or not. In my opinion I do not know much, I do know the basics and I think, the more you know, the more you know that you do not know, so to speak
Turbo
12-30-2013, 02:20 PM #54

Well
regarding the garett VNT turbos there is at least 5 generations, VNT turbos is OEM turbos with means it is very hard to get hold of compressor and turbine maps, if you use them in the wrong way they are not going to work well. After a certain degree opening say 75% and more does not really increase performance that much and just get back pressure so it is not a good way to use them there. VNT system is a ideal better solution then VGT system.

Regarding the 535D turbo, witch come first with the LP K26 2871 HP KP39 1873 it gave about 270HK, when upgraded with VNT for HP turbo the engine put out about 300HP. if you compare a VNT to same basic turbo series the VNT has broader operation range, borg warners sc R2S system was develop to have a broader operation range then a single VNT turbo. To ad a VNT to the system make it more expensive. A well design VNT type of system has a very wide use of torque in general. So is you you a two serie VNT system get even wider.

And VNT has a problem that it can get clogged, and it can then over boost, I broke one engine in this way because of a mistake of missing the radiation protection for the Wastegate Actuator, let say that engine did not like 3,4 bars of boost, piston nr 4 cracked and come out in peaces when the engine was opened. But that VNT turbo generated 1 bars of boost on idle

So you do not think the 550D is that impressive, well torque of 546 lb-ft @ 2000 rpm 376HP 4400 atleast euro 5 exhaust emission class, it will not surprise me if some one tune this engine for about 500HP with just remap, max standard boost about 50psi still a 3l displacement, the two HP turbos is VNT kind, well it impresses me. Can se the vnt on

https://www.google.com/search?q=550d+bmw...B890%3B593

Well if you think jeemus 220HP/ liter is that most impressive, I guess that you never seen tractor pulling sport super stock or Pro stock? Look at those specification and it will blow you away... one of those tractor pulling firm build my pump.

And for the Lemans engine, all that power for 24 hour at full gas a lot of the time, that is mighty impressive to me, I have not manage to see Jeemu make some fullrace videos on strip, witch would be very nice to see though. And there is NO question ask that Jeemu is a great engine builder but just for you say that he is not on top it does not mean he is on the bottom. I did wrote -”Jeemu possesses decisiveness to put things together, perhaps turbo machinery is not his strongest ability...”

My latest project have had some miss happening and some people that I wanted to buy equipment from had not been manage deliver or get hold after a wile, when my project has come to point when it is time to show something I will create a project on STD. At that time it will be more clear if I know somethings about turbos or not. In my opinion I do not know much, I do know the basics and I think, the more you know, the more you know that you do not know, so to speak

Turbo
Holset

12-30-2013, 05:02 PM #55
some basic turbo information that is worth the wile reading

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/I...tails.aspx
Turbo
12-30-2013, 05:02 PM #55

some basic turbo information that is worth the wile reading

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/I...tails.aspx

95e300dez
95E300td

01-13-2014, 03:58 PM #56
[img][Image: 100MEDIAIMAG0037.jpg][/img]
(12-29-2013, 12:30 AM)MFSuper90 If those specs are correct from agp, it wouldn't be too bad. But it'll still be a smoke screen until that 35 lights. A hx35 for a low pressure and something like a hx30 or he221 for high would make a very nice spooling set of compounds in my opinion.

The K29 is a 65 mm inlet and has a 73 mm turbine.

[img][Image: 100MEDIAIMAG0040.jpg][/img]

I would like to use these as a compound setup on my 606. I would only use 1 side of the HX35 12cm housing with a 50 or 60 mm wastegate. Not sure which size should I use or is bigger not a problem. The wastegate will go to one side of the K29 the the other side of it will be from the output of the HX35.
This post was last modified: 01-13-2014, 04:02 PM by 95e300dez.
95e300dez
01-13-2014, 03:58 PM #56

[img][Image: 100MEDIAIMAG0037.jpg][/img]

(12-29-2013, 12:30 AM)MFSuper90 If those specs are correct from agp, it wouldn't be too bad. But it'll still be a smoke screen until that 35 lights. A hx35 for a low pressure and something like a hx30 or he221 for high would make a very nice spooling set of compounds in my opinion.

The K29 is a 65 mm inlet and has a 73 mm turbine.

[img][Image: 100MEDIAIMAG0040.jpg][/img]

I would like to use these as a compound setup on my 606. I would only use 1 side of the HX35 12cm housing with a 50 or 60 mm wastegate. Not sure which size should I use or is bigger not a problem. The wastegate will go to one side of the K29 the the other side of it will be from the output of the HX35.

MFSuper90
Budget Builder

01-13-2014, 04:10 PM #57
I don't think anyone is here to impress one another, more so to share with one another what we have done and to help one another and share what we know.

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         
MFSuper90
01-13-2014, 04:10 PM #57

I don't think anyone is here to impress one another, more so to share with one another what we have done and to help one another and share what we know.

'82 300D -3" straight pipe, ALDA deleted, 3in1 glowshift gauge, HX30, egr-less manifold, A/W intercooler Big Grin
'14 Ram 6.7l cummins -G56 handshaker, wishing it was deleted         

F.R.A.S
Holset

01-13-2014, 05:45 PM #58
On forums people are always so hostile. I love ALL turbos =) But from what I know even the Porsche 997 turbo has a VNT-turbo so that's that for high output.

For a compound installation I would use a small VNT-turbo, like the gtb2560vxxx and for big turbo I would use a Precision billet BB turbo like the 6266. Why? The VNT-turbo let me just build instead of trying out fifty different turbos to match.

But on the other hand, I would not build compound. A modern ball bearing turbo is just good enough. Keep the heat in the exhaust manifold to preserve the gasflow and just feed it some diesel and you're good to go.

F-tune Performance [Image: V-band_om606.jpg] [Image: GTX3582R.jpg] [Image: gs6-53dz_gearbox.jpg]

I can help you out with all your manual transmission, clutch, flywheel, intake and exhaust manifold issues.
F.R.A.S
01-13-2014, 05:45 PM #58

On forums people are always so hostile. I love ALL turbos =) But from what I know even the Porsche 997 turbo has a VNT-turbo so that's that for high output.

For a compound installation I would use a small VNT-turbo, like the gtb2560vxxx and for big turbo I would use a Precision billet BB turbo like the 6266. Why? The VNT-turbo let me just build instead of trying out fifty different turbos to match.

But on the other hand, I would not build compound. A modern ball bearing turbo is just good enough. Keep the heat in the exhaust manifold to preserve the gasflow and just feed it some diesel and you're good to go.

F-tune Performance [Image: V-band_om606.jpg] [Image: GTX3582R.jpg] [Image: gs6-53dz_gearbox.jpg]

I can help you out with all your manual transmission, clutch, flywheel, intake and exhaust manifold issues.

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average