STD Tuning Drivetrain ASD - how it works?

ASD - how it works?

ASD - how it works?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

jellydonut
1987 W124 250D

08-14-2013, 09:01 PM #1
Hello guys,

According to this document, the ASD diff has an 'inherent' limited slip function even without the hydraulics.

http://www.w124performance.com/docs/mb/W...trofit.pdf

The previous owner of my car says that at some point during its life, its original ASD system was disconnected. What exactly that entails, I do not know. My question is, does it actually provide this 'inherent' LSD function? It seems like it when I drive in the winter, it's really easy to skid and play around with it.

My other question is if anyone knows what the wiring is like and where all the stuff sits, as I'd like to try to reconnect it. It was disconnected because the previous owners thought it would only cause them trouble, so they preemptively disconnected it. Dodgy
jellydonut
08-14-2013, 09:01 PM #1

Hello guys,

According to this document, the ASD diff has an 'inherent' limited slip function even without the hydraulics.

http://www.w124performance.com/docs/mb/W...trofit.pdf

The previous owner of my car says that at some point during its life, its original ASD system was disconnected. What exactly that entails, I do not know. My question is, does it actually provide this 'inherent' LSD function? It seems like it when I drive in the winter, it's really easy to skid and play around with it.

My other question is if anyone knows what the wiring is like and where all the stuff sits, as I'd like to try to reconnect it. It was disconnected because the previous owners thought it would only cause them trouble, so they preemptively disconnected it. Dodgy

raysorenson
Superturbo

08-15-2013, 10:32 AM #2
To answer part of your question, yes you've got an LSD. While the LSD comes as a package with ASD, they are independent.
raysorenson
08-15-2013, 10:32 AM #2

To answer part of your question, yes you've got an LSD. While the LSD comes as a package with ASD, they are independent.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average