STD Tuning Engine Cluster connections

Cluster connections

Cluster connections

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Motorhead
GT2256V

07-05-2009, 12:02 PM #1
I was attempting to install my rebuilt cluster and noticed that the plug hard shell to plug into the tach was off of the pins and the tach needs 3 pins but the harness only has 2 wires, green with a yellow trace and brown. The markes stamped into the back of the cluster are W on the top, -G in the middle and + on the bottom so it would seem to me + is for key on power, -G is ground and W is the lead for exciting the tach.

Every thing I pull apart on this car has been molested, does anyone have a tach plug for a '84 diesel?
Motorhead
07-05-2009, 12:02 PM #1

I was attempting to install my rebuilt cluster and noticed that the plug hard shell to plug into the tach was off of the pins and the tach needs 3 pins but the harness only has 2 wires, green with a yellow trace and brown. The markes stamped into the back of the cluster are W on the top, -G in the middle and + on the bottom so it would seem to me + is for key on power, -G is ground and W is the lead for exciting the tach.

Every thing I pull apart on this car has been molested, does anyone have a tach plug for a '84 diesel?

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

07-05-2009, 01:22 PM #2
There is only two wires going to the tach. The center pin doesn't connect to anything. But if you need the plug, I got one and can send it to you.

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

DeliveryValve
07-05-2009, 01:22 PM #2

There is only two wires going to the tach. The center pin doesn't connect to anything. But if you need the plug, I got one and can send it to you.

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

Motorhead
GT2256V

07-05-2009, 02:14 PM #3
(07-05-2009, 01:22 PM)DeliveryValve There is only two wires going to the tach. The center pin doesn't connect to anything. But if you need the plug, I got one and can send it to you.
I seen that, I found some female pins to connect it with for now but it will the plug. I just installed it and it works fine, W pin is refered to as TD (tach driver?) all I can say it works. Thanks.
Motorhead
07-05-2009, 02:14 PM #3

(07-05-2009, 01:22 PM)DeliveryValve There is only two wires going to the tach. The center pin doesn't connect to anything. But if you need the plug, I got one and can send it to you.
I seen that, I found some female pins to connect it with for now but it will the plug. I just installed it and it works fine, W pin is refered to as TD (tach driver?) all I can say it works. Thanks.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average