STD Tuning Engine Removing piston squirters - How to OM606 ?

Removing piston squirters - How to OM606 ?

Removing piston squirters - How to OM606 ?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

fcp
GTA2056V

10-13-2013, 04:33 PM #1
Any tips for this?

Block if going off to be honed this week and they have asked that squirters are removed (engine is completely dissasembled, this is the last thing to do.

"Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess." Oscar Wilde
fcp
10-13-2013, 04:33 PM #1

Any tips for this?

Block if going off to be honed this week and they have asked that squirters are removed (engine is completely dissasembled, this is the last thing to do.

hansendk
TA 0301

10-13-2013, 06:37 PM #2
there are 2 ways 1 build or buy a special tool to pull them out look at KLANN TOOLS to see how it looks.

or weld a slinding hammer on on the squirters and hammer them out, that means you cant reuse them, but new ones are not so expensive.
be very carefull when you press them back in place the alinement with the piston has to be 100% or you break the tube of and have an engine faliure.

Hansen
hansendk
10-13-2013, 06:37 PM #2

there are 2 ways 1 build or buy a special tool to pull them out look at KLANN TOOLS to see how it looks.

or weld a slinding hammer on on the squirters and hammer them out, that means you cant reuse them, but new ones are not so expensive.
be very carefull when you press them back in place the alinement with the piston has to be 100% or you break the tube of and have an engine faliure.

Hansen

fcp
GTA2056V

10-15-2013, 06:24 AM #3
(10-13-2013, 06:37 PM)hansendk there are 2 ways 1 build or buy a special tool to pull them out look at KLANN TOOLS to see how it looks.

Hansen

Thanks - that's an expensive tool!

Welding is a possibility I guess. Is there any special technique to press them back in, or is it a case of measure twice and then hammer it home?

fcp
10-15-2013, 06:24 AM #3

(10-13-2013, 06:37 PM)hansendk there are 2 ways 1 build or buy a special tool to pull them out look at KLANN TOOLS to see how it looks.

Hansen

Thanks - that's an expensive tool!

Welding is a possibility I guess. Is there any special technique to press them back in, or is it a case of measure twice and then hammer it home?

hansendk
TA 0301

10-15-2013, 07:57 AM #4
Well I put the piston and conrod in before the crankshaft so I am sure that they are sitting ok and make a iron bar that fits the top of the squirters and then just hammer them down and when the crankshaft is in turn the engine and check that's its ok.

I made a tool myself and take them out and reuse its ok 9 out of 10 times but that because I do engine remanufacturing for a living and its the same on all Mercedes engines so I need to do it often.

Hansen
hansendk
10-15-2013, 07:57 AM #4

Well I put the piston and conrod in before the crankshaft so I am sure that they are sitting ok and make a iron bar that fits the top of the squirters and then just hammer them down and when the crankshaft is in turn the engine and check that's its ok.

I made a tool myself and take them out and reuse its ok 9 out of 10 times but that because I do engine remanufacturing for a living and its the same on all Mercedes engines so I need to do it often.

Hansen

fcp
GTA2056V

10-15-2013, 03:32 PM #5
(10-15-2013, 07:57 AM)hansendk Well I put the piston and conrod in before the crankshaft so I am sure that they are sitting ok and make a iron bar that fits the top of the squirters and then just hammer them down and when the crankshaft is in turn the engine and check that's its ok.

Hansen

That sounds straight forward.

How difficult was the tool to fabricate? I have a lathe and other facilities (no mill though) - I guess if it was a couple of hours work that might be worthwhile.

As you say, they aren't expensive and I've placed an order for 7 new ones (one spare so I can experiment..)

fcp
10-15-2013, 03:32 PM #5

(10-15-2013, 07:57 AM)hansendk Well I put the piston and conrod in before the crankshaft so I am sure that they are sitting ok and make a iron bar that fits the top of the squirters and then just hammer them down and when the crankshaft is in turn the engine and check that's its ok.

Hansen

That sounds straight forward.

How difficult was the tool to fabricate? I have a lathe and other facilities (no mill though) - I guess if it was a couple of hours work that might be worthwhile.

As you say, they aren't expensive and I've placed an order for 7 new ones (one spare so I can experiment..)

fcp
GTA2056V

11-07-2013, 05:49 PM #6
Pulled all of the squirters tonight. Quite a lot of pressure was needed.

I used a long leg 2 arm puller (300mm) in the end. WOrked OK and was a pretty cheap tool ($50).

Next time I'll fabricate a proper part to go between bearing castings rather than using the center punch to pull against, but this worked OK.

[Image: 10732953533_faeb8f46f4_h.jpg]

fcp
11-07-2013, 05:49 PM #6

Pulled all of the squirters tonight. Quite a lot of pressure was needed.

I used a long leg 2 arm puller (300mm) in the end. WOrked OK and was a pretty cheap tool ($50).

Next time I'll fabricate a proper part to go between bearing castings rather than using the center punch to pull against, but this worked OK.

[Image: 10732953533_faeb8f46f4_h.jpg]

hansendk
TA 0301

11-07-2013, 09:38 PM #7
looks ok but where is the pipe did you break them of first?
that means the old ones is just scrap and you put new squirters in.

Hansen
hansendk
11-07-2013, 09:38 PM #7

looks ok but where is the pipe did you break them of first?
that means the old ones is just scrap and you put new squirters in.

Hansen

fcp
GTA2056V

11-08-2013, 12:30 PM #8
Yes, I snipped old squirter pipe off. At < $10 per squirter it was just better to replace them and know for sure they were OK

fcp
11-08-2013, 12:30 PM #8

Yes, I snipped old squirter pipe off. At < $10 per squirter it was just better to replace them and know for sure they were OK

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average