STD Tuning Engine OM603, no fuel to cylinder #5 [Fixed]

OM603, no fuel to cylinder #5 [Fixed]

OM603, no fuel to cylinder #5 [Fixed]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Superb|
Naturally-aspirated

12-17-2013, 04:46 PM #1
Hi.

Got a little problem, and wondered if anyone could have an idea of whats wrong. Have been reading many threads in this forum an know there is great knowledge here.

Have a OM603 engine, non turbo 6 cylinder, so it doesn't fit in this forum (superturbodiesel) yet. Sad Its currently running on 5 cylinders, and its cylinder #5 doesn't fire because it wont get any diesel from the injection pump. Have removed the injection line from injection pump and its not coming a drop diesel out of it when running. Have also taken of the side cover on the injection pump and check that all 6 elements/plunger (i think it is the name of it) moving up and down inside pump.

Is the injection pump gone, or can it be something else that is making this problem?

Best regards
Chris
This post was last modified: 12-20-2013, 01:11 PM by Superb|.
Superb|
12-17-2013, 04:46 PM #1

Hi.

Got a little problem, and wondered if anyone could have an idea of whats wrong. Have been reading many threads in this forum an know there is great knowledge here.

Have a OM603 engine, non turbo 6 cylinder, so it doesn't fit in this forum (superturbodiesel) yet. Sad Its currently running on 5 cylinders, and its cylinder #5 doesn't fire because it wont get any diesel from the injection pump. Have removed the injection line from injection pump and its not coming a drop diesel out of it when running. Have also taken of the side cover on the injection pump and check that all 6 elements/plunger (i think it is the name of it) moving up and down inside pump.

Is the injection pump gone, or can it be something else that is making this problem?

Best regards
Chris

EmJay
Holset

12-17-2013, 08:48 PM #2
have you cleared the line going to the #5 injector yet? I doubt that a pump would be going bad with only one cylinder not firing consistently.
EmJay
12-17-2013, 08:48 PM #2

have you cleared the line going to the #5 injector yet? I doubt that a pump would be going bad with only one cylinder not firing consistently.

raysorenson
Superturbo

12-18-2013, 07:42 AM #3
Yep, it's your pump. The P.O. of my W124 bought a new pump at the stealer for the same reason.
raysorenson
12-18-2013, 07:42 AM #3

Yep, it's your pump. The P.O. of my W124 bought a new pump at the stealer for the same reason.

john
GTA2056V

12-18-2013, 02:58 PM #4
as you describe it you should have a sticking element or broken spring?
On cav pumps when govenore is sticking i have used 2stroke oil in the filterelement to lubricate it.

(12-18-2013, 07:42 AM)raysorenson Yep, it's your pump. The P.O. of my W124 bought a new pump at the stealer for the same reason.

camshaft worn or broken element?
This post was last modified: 12-18-2013, 02:59 PM by john.

Holset power!
john
12-18-2013, 02:58 PM #4

On cav pumps when govenore is sticking i have used 2stroke oil in the filterelement to lubricate it.

(12-18-2013, 07:42 AM)raysorenson Yep, it's your pump. The P.O. of my W124 bought a new pump at the stealer for the same reason.

camshaft worn or broken element?

Holset power!

Superb|
Naturally-aspirated

12-18-2013, 03:19 PM #5
(12-17-2013, 08:48 PM)EmJay have you cleared the line going to the #5 injector yet? I doubt that a pump would be going bad with only one cylinder not firing consistently.

Injection line is open, no fuel will come out of the injection pump

[quote='john' pid='58723' dateline='1387396689']
[quote]

Interesting, do you know any method to check if element is stuck?

I did find some drawings on the delivery valves (one for each injection line) on top of the injection pump, butt i cant see any way they could stop diesel from the pump, or I'm I thinking wrong?
This post was last modified: 12-18-2013, 03:29 PM by Superb|.
Superb|
12-18-2013, 03:19 PM #5

(12-17-2013, 08:48 PM)EmJay have you cleared the line going to the #5 injector yet? I doubt that a pump would be going bad with only one cylinder not firing consistently.

Injection line is open, no fuel will come out of the injection pump

[quote='john' pid='58723' dateline='1387396689']
[quote]

Interesting, do you know any method to check if element is stuck?

I did find some drawings on the delivery valves (one for each injection line) on top of the injection pump, butt i cant see any way they could stop diesel from the pump, or I'm I thinking wrong?

Superb|
Naturally-aspirated

12-20-2013, 01:09 PM #6
Oh yeah.

Went for a closer look behind the side cover on the injection pump today, and then i spotted something. The arm that adjust the amount of fuel on the #5 element had jumped out of its position, and was pushed to zero position Huh How that could happen I have no idea of, put the arm in place and fired up, engine running nice again Big Grin
Superb|
12-20-2013, 01:09 PM #6

Oh yeah.

Went for a closer look behind the side cover on the injection pump today, and then i spotted something. The arm that adjust the amount of fuel on the #5 element had jumped out of its position, and was pushed to zero position Huh How that could happen I have no idea of, put the arm in place and fired up, engine running nice again Big Grin

dieselmeken
Holset

12-21-2013, 05:47 AM #7
(12-20-2013, 01:09 PM)Superb| Oh yeah.

It can happen when the pump is off the Engine and upside down or in shipping. Have happend to me sometimes when I have shipped pumps
dieselmeken
12-21-2013, 05:47 AM #7

(12-20-2013, 01:09 PM)Superb| Oh yeah.

It can happen when the pump is off the Engine and upside down or in shipping. Have happend to me sometimes when I have shipped pumps

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average