STD Tuning Engine 605 intake manifold flange

605 intake manifold flange

605 intake manifold flange

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Duncansport
Holset

01-28-2014, 11:29 AM #1
I searched this to death as i thought some one had a flange drawing for a 605. Anyone? Ill make one up if there is not one available, so no need to tell me to copy a gasket ect...Angel
Duncansport
01-28-2014, 11:29 AM #1

I searched this to death as i thought some one had a flange drawing for a 605. Anyone? Ill make one up if there is not one available, so no need to tell me to copy a gasket ect...Angel

Mark_M
GT2559V

01-28-2014, 02:31 PM #2
I asked the same question a while back but none appeared. Been busy with other things so still haven't managed to get measuring, drawing and milling.
Mark_M
01-28-2014, 02:31 PM #2

I asked the same question a while back but none appeared. Been busy with other things so still haven't managed to get measuring, drawing and milling.

Tito
Holset

01-28-2014, 04:32 PM #3
I'm looking for one too. My om606 is missing her manifold and that's a great opportunity to custom build one.
Tito
01-28-2014, 04:32 PM #3

I'm looking for one too. My om606 is missing her manifold and that's a great opportunity to custom build one.

Duncansport
Holset

01-28-2014, 04:34 PM #4
(01-28-2014, 02:31 PM)Mark_M I asked the same question a while back but none appeared. Been busy with other things so still haven't managed to get measuring, drawing and milling.

If i get a drawing up i'll post it in the flanges section along with my girdle drawing.
Duncansport
01-28-2014, 04:34 PM #4

(01-28-2014, 02:31 PM)Mark_M I asked the same question a while back but none appeared. Been busy with other things so still haven't managed to get measuring, drawing and milling.

If i get a drawing up i'll post it in the flanges section along with my girdle drawing.

F.R.A.S
Holset

01-28-2014, 05:36 PM #5
I know that some people have tried and to my knowlege evrybody has failed to make a better intake than Mercedes. So just take a om606 manifold, that one fits both 604 and 605 as well. Both for sure some time in front of the old flow bench would make a nice intake manifold, will take some time though.

Would be nice with some spare time and cash to develope a clean, cheap and nice looking intake. So go for it mate! I'm just sorry that I can't help you out.

F-tune Performance [Image: V-band_om606.jpg] [Image: GTX3582R.jpg] [Image: gs6-53dz_gearbox.jpg]

I can help you out with all your manual transmission, clutch, flywheel, intake and exhaust manifold issues.
F.R.A.S
01-28-2014, 05:36 PM #5

I know that some people have tried and to my knowlege evrybody has failed to make a better intake than Mercedes. So just take a om606 manifold, that one fits both 604 and 605 as well. Both for sure some time in front of the old flow bench would make a nice intake manifold, will take some time though.

Would be nice with some spare time and cash to develope a clean, cheap and nice looking intake. So go for it mate! I'm just sorry that I can't help you out.

F-tune Performance [Image: V-band_om606.jpg] [Image: GTX3582R.jpg] [Image: gs6-53dz_gearbox.jpg]

I can help you out with all your manual transmission, clutch, flywheel, intake and exhaust manifold issues.

Turbo
Holset

01-29-2014, 02:55 AM #6
please define better and what you mean with fail

(01-28-2014, 05:36 PM)F.R.A.S I know that some people have tried and to my knowlege evrybody has failed to make a better intake than Mercedes. So just take a om606 manifold, that one fits both 604 and 605 as well. Both for sure some time in front of the old flow bench would make a nice intake manifold, will take some time though.

Turbo
01-29-2014, 02:55 AM #6

please define better and what you mean with fail

(01-28-2014, 05:36 PM)F.R.A.S I know that some people have tried and to my knowlege evrybody has failed to make a better intake than Mercedes. So just take a om606 manifold, that one fits both 604 and 605 as well. Both for sure some time in front of the old flow bench would make a nice intake manifold, will take some time though.

F.R.A.S
Holset

01-29-2014, 04:13 AM #7
I'm writing on the phone so sorry for miss spelling and so on Wink

What I wrote. Most guys building custom intake manifolds tends to go back to the 606-intake. They might get more of something with the custom stuff, but the stock runners seems a bit unbeatable. We researched this a little bit before building the 605. Now the only thing left stock on our intake manifold is the runners, but still. That part is Mercedes-benz. Would a custom be proved better in all ways I would have made a billet flange like we've done on the exhaust side. Smile

But with that said. I hope someone can make a cool, working and cost effective intake manifold. That would be awesome...

We have a new flow bench and who knows, we might just develope one. The problem though is that it's not all flow. Flow is the easy part. The hard part is the dyno moment and street feel of the power. And those thousands of hours I don't have.

(01-29-2014, 02:55 AM)Turbo please define better and what you mean with fail

F.R.A.S
01-29-2014, 04:13 AM #7

I'm writing on the phone so sorry for miss spelling and so on Wink

What I wrote. Most guys building custom intake manifolds tends to go back to the 606-intake. They might get more of something with the custom stuff, but the stock runners seems a bit unbeatable. We researched this a little bit before building the 605. Now the only thing left stock on our intake manifold is the runners, but still. That part is Mercedes-benz. Would a custom be proved better in all ways I would have made a billet flange like we've done on the exhaust side. Smile

But with that said. I hope someone can make a cool, working and cost effective intake manifold. That would be awesome...

We have a new flow bench and who knows, we might just develope one. The problem though is that it's not all flow. Flow is the easy part. The hard part is the dyno moment and street feel of the power. And those thousands of hours I don't have.

01-29-2014, 06:50 AM #8
(01-29-2014, 04:13 AM)F.R.A.S I'm writing on the phone so sorry for miss spelling and so on Wink

You say the runners are good from stock turbo. What about cut and welde a bigger collector to the stock runners ? I want to boost in the intake from the front and not from under like the stock turbo intake. Any hint?
hansebanger77
01-29-2014, 06:50 AM #8

(01-29-2014, 04:13 AM)F.R.A.S I'm writing on the phone so sorry for miss spelling and so on Wink

You say the runners are good from stock turbo. What about cut and welde a bigger collector to the stock runners ? I want to boost in the intake from the front and not from under like the stock turbo intake. Any hint?

Duncansport
Holset

01-29-2014, 07:31 AM #9

Thanks for joining this fourm, you write good imformative posts and have been down the road most of us are just starting upon.

P.s. will my plastic intake will explode under 2+ bar of boost? Seems like a good design as far as plenum and runners are concerned. But everyone changes it to a modified 606 intake.....
Duncansport
01-29-2014, 07:31 AM #9

Thanks for joining this fourm, you write good imformative posts and have been down the road most of us are just starting upon.

P.s. will my plastic intake will explode under 2+ bar of boost? Seems like a good design as far as plenum and runners are concerned. But everyone changes it to a modified 606 intake.....

F.R.A.S
Holset

01-29-2014, 08:13 AM #10
Yes. I belive that's the way to go. Cut of the old plenum and build a new one on the old runners.

(01-29-2014, 06:50 AM)hansebanger77 You say the runners are good from stock turbo. What about cut and welde a bigger collector to the stock runners ? I want to boost in the intake from the front and not from under like the stock turbo intake. Any hint?

Thanks!

The plastic is quite good, but it feels a bit unsafe. The 604 will boost 2bar with stock plastic intake. If it breaks we just cut down a 606 Cool

(01-29-2014, 07:31 AM)Duncansport Thanks for joining this fourm, you write good imformative posts and have been down the road most of us are just starting upon.

F.R.A.S
01-29-2014, 08:13 AM #10

Yes. I belive that's the way to go. Cut of the old plenum and build a new one on the old runners.

(01-29-2014, 06:50 AM)hansebanger77 You say the runners are good from stock turbo. What about cut and welde a bigger collector to the stock runners ? I want to boost in the intake from the front and not from under like the stock turbo intake. Any hint?

Thanks!

The plastic is quite good, but it feels a bit unsafe. The 604 will boost 2bar with stock plastic intake. If it breaks we just cut down a 606 Cool

(01-29-2014, 07:31 AM)Duncansport Thanks for joining this fourm, you write good imformative posts and have been down the road most of us are just starting upon.

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

01-29-2014, 09:14 AM #11
Id the mercedes runners are the right length and diameter, why not make a custom manifold with the same length * diameter and then slap your own plenum on the end?

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
01-29-2014, 09:14 AM #11

Id the mercedes runners are the right length and diameter, why not make a custom manifold with the same length * diameter and then slap your own plenum on the end?

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

willbhere4u
Six in a row make her go!

01-29-2014, 02:16 PM #12
Have you looked in to om606 N/A intake manifold its aluminum and they are about 1/2 the price on car-part.com and easy to modify a new collector on to.

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running
willbhere4u
01-29-2014, 02:16 PM #12

Have you looked in to om606 N/A intake manifold its aluminum and they are about 1/2 the price on car-part.com and easy to modify a new collector on to.

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running

Mark_M
GT2559V

02-01-2014, 06:03 PM #13
As ever the world is full of compromises and one mans best might not be anothers. My reason for doing the custom intake is because the original simply doesnt fit the car, its too long.

The 606 N/A manifold either requires new hard lines made or it needs to be spaced off the head to allow the lines to run in the original position. This is basically what I am doing. Seriously cut down 606 manifold and a 20mm spacer flange. Its cheaper and easier for me to make the flange but I have a mill. If I didn't have a mill then the new lines might be the best bet.

Didn't get anything done to it today again. Made a wood burner instead, but atleast I am a bit warmer now lol.
Mark_M
02-01-2014, 06:03 PM #13

As ever the world is full of compromises and one mans best might not be anothers. My reason for doing the custom intake is because the original simply doesnt fit the car, its too long.

The 606 N/A manifold either requires new hard lines made or it needs to be spaced off the head to allow the lines to run in the original position. This is basically what I am doing. Seriously cut down 606 manifold and a 20mm spacer flange. Its cheaper and easier for me to make the flange but I have a mill. If I didn't have a mill then the new lines might be the best bet.

Didn't get anything done to it today again. Made a wood burner instead, but atleast I am a bit warmer now lol.

Hario'
C300TD Wagon (W202)

06-19-2014, 05:58 AM #14
Morning all,

I basically hacksawed no.4 runner out of a 606 manifold and I'm just waiting for my friernd to TIG it back together.

Note stepped cuts, this is so one cut is centrally between the head flange bolt holes, and then stepped so the cut does not interfere with the plenum inlet flange..

Let me know if anyone's interested as I'm probably replacing the OM605 in my C250 with the OM606..

Feel free to copy what I did, it took 2 evenings and about 10-15 beers

[Image: image6.jpeg]

[Image: image5.jpeg]

[Image: image4.jpeg]

[Image: image3.jpeg]

[Image: image2.jpeg]

[Image: image1.jpeg]

Installed:

OM606/722.6, big IC, W220 brakes.
Planned:
DIY manifold, compound, 722.6 controller, built IP.
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]
Hario'
06-19-2014, 05:58 AM #14

Morning all,

I basically hacksawed no.4 runner out of a 606 manifold and I'm just waiting for my friernd to TIG it back together.

Note stepped cuts, this is so one cut is centrally between the head flange bolt holes, and then stepped so the cut does not interfere with the plenum inlet flange..

Let me know if anyone's interested as I'm probably replacing the OM605 in my C250 with the OM606..

Installed:

OM606/722.6, big IC, W220 brakes.
Planned:
DIY manifold, compound, 722.6 controller, built IP.
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]

F.R.A.S
Holset

06-19-2014, 05:01 PM #15
Looks awesome. Great work Smile

(06-19-2014, 05:58 AM)Hario Morning all,

F.R.A.S
06-19-2014, 05:01 PM #15

Looks awesome. Great work Smile

(06-19-2014, 05:58 AM)Hario Morning all,

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average