STD Tuning Engine excess air for e320 cdi egr delete

excess air for e320 cdi egr delete

excess air for e320 cdi egr delete

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Turbo
Holset

05-16-2014, 01:46 AM #1
Do somebody know how excess air in a om613/om648 look like before and after delete of egr funktion.

Simply I am thinking of replacing the injectors from orginal to c30 amg if the excess will be with egr remove for 1350bars rail pressure. For higher tune the engine is going to be rebuild and transmission, but still waiting for engine to come.
Turbo
05-16-2014, 01:46 AM #1

Do somebody know how excess air in a om613/om648 look like before and after delete of egr funktion.

Simply I am thinking of replacing the injectors from orginal to c30 amg if the excess will be with egr remove for 1350bars rail pressure. For higher tune the engine is going to be rebuild and transmission, but still waiting for engine to come.

merc mek
Naturally-aspirated

05-22-2014, 06:17 AM #2
I have deleted the egr on my ML270 cdi (OM612). This leads to more rapid turbospoolup, and good boost is achieved at 1900 rpm, compared to 2200 rpm before the mod. This leads to lower consumption at low/moderate speeds. Currently 8,6L/100km combined. Engine also run nicer/more quiet at idle. I have not noticed any change in performance at full throttle. The overall advantage by deleting the egr is to avoid carbon buildup in the intake.

After what I have read, the gt2256v of the OM612 is good for about 200hp. The GT2359v of the OM613 can do about 280hp. The AMG injectors is able to give about 55-60hp/syl, so the turbo really limits the potential of the injectors.

A upgrade intercooler is one of the best mods for a CDI engine.
merc mek
05-22-2014, 06:17 AM #2

I have deleted the egr on my ML270 cdi (OM612). This leads to more rapid turbospoolup, and good boost is achieved at 1900 rpm, compared to 2200 rpm before the mod. This leads to lower consumption at low/moderate speeds. Currently 8,6L/100km combined. Engine also run nicer/more quiet at idle. I have not noticed any change in performance at full throttle. The overall advantage by deleting the egr is to avoid carbon buildup in the intake.

After what I have read, the gt2256v of the OM612 is good for about 200hp. The GT2359v of the OM613 can do about 280hp. The AMG injectors is able to give about 55-60hp/syl, so the turbo really limits the potential of the injectors.

Turbo
Holset

05-22-2014, 01:57 PM #3
Yes the original intercooler is a real joke that's for sure

I had a e270cdi with om612 before and one of the engine blow up in a smoke cloud like a formula one engine do sometime, it was not that fun at 200km/h when visibility become zero in 1 second and the road was turning at the same time, properly one injector staid open all time and welding it self though the piston,

yes the GT2359V do not pump that much air but will do for the moment, I will be shifting to a efr7163 later, according to my calculations it will give 10psi at 1500 rpm and about 40 psi at 4500 at reasonably back pressure and by that 440hp in reach should be no problem if it was not for that the amg injectors is not big enough by them self, just need to harvest the pressure pulsation in the right way to boost turbine at low speeds

I was asking bosch motorsport for price it an interesting experience that let me know that I have the wrong work if I was suppose to aim for the big money.
maybe water/methanol injections is the way to take all the way I do know know so far, time will tell

I bought some engine from a guy here at the forum but it has been all problem, the guy said in autumn that he had a heart attack, but it does not make full sense so my two new projekt has been on ice, anyway find a nice low pressure turbo for one of the project yesterday

With the right lampda sond I will measure excess air and see if I can swoop in the new injectors since I am starting to get a little bit bad patient

(05-22-2014, 06:17 AM)merc mek I have deleted the egr on my ML270 cdi (OM612). This leads to more rapid turbospoolup, and good boost is achieved at 1900 rpm, compared to 2200 rpm before the mod. This leads to lower consumption at low/moderate speeds. Currently 8,6L/100km combined. Engine also run nicer/more quiet at idle. I have not noticed any change in performance at full throttle. The overall advantage by deleting the egr is to avoid carbon buildup in the intake.

Turbo
05-22-2014, 01:57 PM #3

Yes the original intercooler is a real joke that's for sure

I had a e270cdi with om612 before and one of the engine blow up in a smoke cloud like a formula one engine do sometime, it was not that fun at 200km/h when visibility become zero in 1 second and the road was turning at the same time, properly one injector staid open all time and welding it self though the piston,

yes the GT2359V do not pump that much air but will do for the moment, I will be shifting to a efr7163 later, according to my calculations it will give 10psi at 1500 rpm and about 40 psi at 4500 at reasonably back pressure and by that 440hp in reach should be no problem if it was not for that the amg injectors is not big enough by them self, just need to harvest the pressure pulsation in the right way to boost turbine at low speeds

I was asking bosch motorsport for price it an interesting experience that let me know that I have the wrong work if I was suppose to aim for the big money.
maybe water/methanol injections is the way to take all the way I do know know so far, time will tell

I bought some engine from a guy here at the forum but it has been all problem, the guy said in autumn that he had a heart attack, but it does not make full sense so my two new projekt has been on ice, anyway find a nice low pressure turbo for one of the project yesterday

With the right lampda sond I will measure excess air and see if I can swoop in the new injectors since I am starting to get a little bit bad patient

(05-22-2014, 06:17 AM)merc mek I have deleted the egr on my ML270 cdi (OM612). This leads to more rapid turbospoolup, and good boost is achieved at 1900 rpm, compared to 2200 rpm before the mod. This leads to lower consumption at low/moderate speeds. Currently 8,6L/100km combined. Engine also run nicer/more quiet at idle. I have not noticed any change in performance at full throttle. The overall advantage by deleting the egr is to avoid carbon buildup in the intake.

merc mek
Naturally-aspirated

05-23-2014, 06:34 AM #4
BTW: I would be interesting to see if a egr delete, oxydizer delete, new intercooler and a map with aggressive timing, can max out the stock potential in the more expensive parts like turbo, injectors and transmission. If so, this would be a very cost effective tuning solution...

I have done a bit of budgeting, and turbo, injectors, intercooler, pressurepump, map and railsensors, custom exhaust, transmission strengthening and a good map. will cut me loose of close to 10.000€!
merc mek
05-23-2014, 06:34 AM #4

BTW: I would be interesting to see if a egr delete, oxydizer delete, new intercooler and a map with aggressive timing, can max out the stock potential in the more expensive parts like turbo, injectors and transmission. If so, this would be a very cost effective tuning solution...

I have done a bit of budgeting, and turbo, injectors, intercooler, pressurepump, map and railsensors, custom exhaust, transmission strengthening and a good map. will cut me loose of close to 10.000€!

Turbo
Holset

05-23-2014, 02:31 PM #5
Unfutunate "smakar det så kostar det" but I can also say that some times I get amazed how cheep things can be found for if you just look at the right places
but as well some times I can understand some people when you are prepared to pay for get things done they disappear? and some time you look and look and just suddenly it is right in front of your nose when you are not looking for it...

I think I was looking on 15 e320 cdi cars before I get one I like, rust was a very limeted factors and I met a lot of people even some story with a guy when i got stuck in customs in Norway. But the car I get hold to now I just love it Smile

I am actually thing of buying equipment so I can measure the pressure cykle in the engine sins it will reveal a lot if interesting information and it would be much easier to see how the tuning is proceeding

Do you have the plastic intake on your om612?

when are you to proceed with your plans?

(05-23-2014, 06:34 AM)merc mek BTW: I would be interesting to see if a egr delete, oxydizer delete, new intercooler and a map with aggressive timing, can max out the stock potential in the more expensive parts like turbo, injectors and transmission. If so, this would be a very cost effective tuning solution...

Turbo
05-23-2014, 02:31 PM #5

Unfutunate "smakar det så kostar det" but I can also say that some times I get amazed how cheep things can be found for if you just look at the right places
but as well some times I can understand some people when you are prepared to pay for get things done they disappear? and some time you look and look and just suddenly it is right in front of your nose when you are not looking for it...

I think I was looking on 15 e320 cdi cars before I get one I like, rust was a very limeted factors and I met a lot of people even some story with a guy when i got stuck in customs in Norway. But the car I get hold to now I just love it Smile

I am actually thing of buying equipment so I can measure the pressure cykle in the engine sins it will reveal a lot if interesting information and it would be much easier to see how the tuning is proceeding

Do you have the plastic intake on your om612?

when are you to proceed with your plans?

(05-23-2014, 06:34 AM)merc mek BTW: I would be interesting to see if a egr delete, oxydizer delete, new intercooler and a map with aggressive timing, can max out the stock potential in the more expensive parts like turbo, injectors and transmission. If so, this would be a very cost effective tuning solution...

merc mek
Naturally-aspirated

05-26-2014, 02:41 AM #6
Hehe "det kostar det det kostar"

Yes I have the plastic inlet manifold with the swirl flaps. When cleaning up the egr gunk, I've also removed the flaps, and the M55 motor. Like the egr, I just wired inn some resistor to avoid "limp mode". I got some pictures from the process. I threaded the holes with M16 threads. Then I screwed in peaces of threaded studs, with epoxy glue on them. To be absolutely safe, I drilled 2mm holes in the studs, securing them with a steel wire. While having the fuel rail out of the way I also changed the glowplugs.

I do know the swirl is there to make the combustion more optimal while cruising. In what I have experienced so far, I is better to have the inlet manifold airtight, than keeping the flaps. A new mainfold/flap assembly can be picked up on alibaba at about 500USD, or at a Dealer for almost 1200EUR!

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8E...oto%2c.jpg

As going forward with my project, I need the ML to work as my daily drive. Its also my tow-car, pulling 3,5tonns legally. We live approx 40km outside the nearest city. I have 2 other "veteran" 280SE in my shop, and I was thinking about buying a Gelandewagen! So I probably need to have one of the S-classes working, before going on larger projects with my ML. Maybe I just sell on all the oldtimer cars, and buy some shitty Toyota to have as a backup (if I buy another MB it's just another project!).

However! Next up is the Intercooler. If anyone has any recommendations for a easy fit, or what parts is needed, please let me know!

Edit: Also I'm planing to get the GT2359V and some new Injectors. Is there any dieselshop in Scandinavia that can modify the original injectors, or are the AMG injectors the only choice?
This post was last modified: 05-26-2014, 03:14 AM by merc mek.
merc mek
05-26-2014, 02:41 AM #6

Hehe "det kostar det det kostar"

Yes I have the plastic inlet manifold with the swirl flaps. When cleaning up the egr gunk, I've also removed the flaps, and the M55 motor. Like the egr, I just wired inn some resistor to avoid "limp mode". I got some pictures from the process. I threaded the holes with M16 threads. Then I screwed in peaces of threaded studs, with epoxy glue on them. To be absolutely safe, I drilled 2mm holes in the studs, securing them with a steel wire. While having the fuel rail out of the way I also changed the glowplugs.

I do know the swirl is there to make the combustion more optimal while cruising. In what I have experienced so far, I is better to have the inlet manifold airtight, than keeping the flaps. A new mainfold/flap assembly can be picked up on alibaba at about 500USD, or at a Dealer for almost 1200EUR!

As going forward with my project, I need the ML to work as my daily drive. Its also my tow-car, pulling 3,5tonns legally. We live approx 40km outside the nearest city. I have 2 other "veteran" 280SE in my shop, and I was thinking about buying a Gelandewagen! So I probably need to have one of the S-classes working, before going on larger projects with my ML. Maybe I just sell on all the oldtimer cars, and buy some shitty Toyota to have as a backup (if I buy another MB it's just another project!).

However! Next up is the Intercooler. If anyone has any recommendations for a easy fit, or what parts is needed, please let me know!

Edit: Also I'm planing to get the GT2359V and some new Injectors. Is there any dieselshop in Scandinavia that can modify the original injectors, or are the AMG injectors the only choice?

cutaresku
Naturally-aspirated

06-30-2014, 01:29 AM #7
[Next up is the Intercooler. If anyone has any recommendations for a easy fit, or what parts is needed, please let me know!]

+1 on the wishing/waiting/don't know how list!

W210, 2001, OM611.961 105kw, 6+1.
cutaresku
06-30-2014, 01:29 AM #7

[Next up is the Intercooler. If anyone has any recommendations for a easy fit, or what parts is needed, please let me know!]

+1 on the wishing/waiting/don't know how list!

W210, 2001, OM611.961 105kw, 6+1.

barrote
Superturbo

07-01-2014, 10:37 AM #8
hello there,
I´m the most unhappy owner of a C270, with the 612, is the worst Mercedes i ever had, and i got 3.
first was hardware like MAP sensor, RPM sensor, pressure sensor etc on electrics, after turbo collapsed, almost swallowed those bloody valves in the intake,water/fuel heather exchanger, and a few other things i really don't remember and ended dead, before the death was announced killed the gearbox, the hell with auto trans. died with a piston melted and crankshaft at cylinder 4 damaged. the melted piston is in cylinder 2.
Ended up with 3500€ short , was the tag for a used engine and a gearbox, and now the hell with the gear box, just don't work as it suppose to.
hope u are not so unhappy as i am. will put him on fire one of these days.
regards

FD,