STD Tuning Engine Performance camshafts

Performance camshafts

Performance camshafts

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Einar
GT2256V

07-28-2009, 06:52 AM #1
Hi, is there anyone who have tryed to install better camshaft on diesel engines, I have never seen a performance camshaft for diesel engines, but I believe you can completely change the charactere on a Diesel Engine with one.

On a603, what would the best original camshaft be, I`m now using a camshaft from a sucker, on an aspirated 603, could a camshaft from a 103-engine fit, and what would the result become, a DT who needs high revs?
What about power?
Einar
07-28-2009, 06:52 AM #1

Hi, is there anyone who have tryed to install better camshaft on diesel engines, I have never seen a performance camshaft for diesel engines, but I believe you can completely change the charactere on a Diesel Engine with one.

On a603, what would the best original camshaft be, I`m now using a camshaft from a sucker, on an aspirated 603, could a camshaft from a 103-engine fit, and what would the result become, a DT who needs high revs?
What about power?

Motorhead
GT2256V

07-28-2009, 10:04 AM #3
One thing I have found out with valve timing on a diesel is that with slight increases in the exhaust duration the turbo spools faster, now if you increase the intake duration than you will raise the power curve and hurt the bottom end performance.
Motorhead
07-28-2009, 10:04 AM #3

One thing I have found out with valve timing on a diesel is that with slight increases in the exhaust duration the turbo spools faster, now if you increase the intake duration than you will raise the power curve and hurt the bottom end performance.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average