STD Tuning Engine help help help alda problem OM617.

help help help alda problem OM617.

help help help alda problem OM617.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

kfriesen
Unregistered

07-23-2014, 06:52 PM #1
So I have an 81 300sd.
I was in the process of doing exhaust with my buddy and he said he would re move the alda while I was working on that. I had the instructions on how to do it printed out so I didn't think much of it.
So 15 min later he says he can't get the alda off, and what he ended up doing, instead of loosening the alda jam nut, he broke the nut free (fine) but then decided to physically turn the head of the alda and unthreated whatever the jam nut was attached under the alda. So I told him this was wrong, and to put it back on and get lost. So we returned the alda to where it was, and I removed the alda, as per the directions.

Problem now, is the car is completely gutless.
Barely makes it into 3rd gear. Feels like it has no boost.
Sucks because it used to pull hard once it applied full fuel around 2 200 pm
Summary.
Buddy tried to remove alda by turning the alda head ccw and it's completely screwed now. I'm just trying to figure out where to go from here and what could be wrecked inside the pump
Please help, I just want my benny to run right again
kfriesen
07-23-2014, 06:52 PM #1

So I have an 81 300sd.
I was in the process of doing exhaust with my buddy and he said he would re move the alda while I was working on that. I had the instructions on how to do it printed out so I didn't think much of it.
So 15 min later he says he can't get the alda off, and what he ended up doing, instead of loosening the alda jam nut, he broke the nut free (fine) but then decided to physically turn the head of the alda and unthreated whatever the jam nut was attached under the alda. So I told him this was wrong, and to put it back on and get lost. So we returned the alda to where it was, and I removed the alda, as per the directions.

Problem now, is the car is completely gutless.
Barely makes it into 3rd gear. Feels like it has no boost.
Sucks because it used to pull hard once it applied full fuel around 2 200 pm
Summary.
Buddy tried to remove alda by turning the alda head ccw and it's completely screwed now. I'm just trying to figure out where to go from here and what could be wrecked inside the pump
Please help, I just want my benny to run right again

Simpler=Better
PORTED HEAD

07-24-2014, 08:34 AM #2
You broke the ALDA, but it's not the end of the world. You can drill out screws on the 4 corners of the ALDA from the top, which will let you take out the guts. When you have the right stubby wrench and an XXL crescent then you can actually unscrew the ALDA body.

Every alda I've taken off has been corroded in place, soak the bit nut that's underneath it with PB blaster a few days before removing.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?
Simpler=Better
07-24-2014, 08:34 AM #2

You broke the ALDA, but it's not the end of the world. You can drill out screws on the 4 corners of the ALDA from the top, which will let you take out the guts. When you have the right stubby wrench and an XXL crescent then you can actually unscrew the ALDA body.

Every alda I've taken off has been corroded in place, soak the bit nut that's underneath it with PB blaster a few days before removing.

Newbie-read this: Cheap Tricks
617.952-220k-Getting built up
larsalan I guess I need to look at this stupid ass drip shit. What you have to like mess with those elements on the pump? What a fucking hassle. then use some wire to hold the throttle open or some shit?

Petar
7.5mm M pump

07-24-2014, 08:41 AM #3
You say you removed the ALDA. I think there is a return spring that holds the rod that's below the ALDA. If the spring isn't there it won't return the rod to the uppermost position and won't give full fuel.
Petar
07-24-2014, 08:41 AM #3

You say you removed the ALDA. I think there is a return spring that holds the rod that's below the ALDA. If the spring isn't there it won't return the rod to the uppermost position and won't give full fuel.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average