STD Tuning Engine Hello. New here with a W220 400 CDI

Hello. New here with a W220 400 CDI

Hello. New here with a W220 400 CDI

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

firebird400
Naturally-aspirated

09-07-2014, 05:57 PM #1
Hello.
I have been looking around the internet to see if I can find something about performance upgrades to a OM628 in a w220 S400 CDI and it looks like there are none what so ever besides a few chips on offer.

Are those engines so week that they don´t hold up to any mods or....

I know it is no sportscar but IMO everything can improve with a little more power.

Can you pitch in or point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
firebird400
09-07-2014, 05:57 PM #1

Hello.
I have been looking around the internet to see if I can find something about performance upgrades to a OM628 in a w220 S400 CDI and it looks like there are none what so ever besides a few chips on offer.

Are those engines so week that they don´t hold up to any mods or....

I know it is no sportscar but IMO everything can improve with a little more power.

Can you pitch in or point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

firebird400
Naturally-aspirated

09-08-2014, 03:02 PM #2
58 views and not a single comment. Huh

I was so hoping this forum would be the one that would set me on my way to hybrid turbo´s, enlarged intercoolers and nozzles and so on lol.

I´ll start with de-cats and a chip.
(chipmydiesel looked like they had a good one)

Wink
firebird400
09-08-2014, 03:02 PM #2

58 views and not a single comment. Huh

I was so hoping this forum would be the one that would set me on my way to hybrid turbo´s, enlarged intercoolers and nozzles and so on lol.

I´ll start with de-cats and a chip.
(chipmydiesel looked like they had a good one)

Wink

barrote
Superturbo

09-08-2014, 04:03 PM #3
Smile who in hell wants to play with a state car!!!
if u intend to continue with it do the same as we are doing with the smaller versions. ECU reprogram, BIG turbos, intake coolers thats it.
any way two gt 27´S , or this HX 35, exaust line 80mm dia , racing air filter . well there are a lot to do there.....
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
09-08-2014, 04:03 PM #3

Smile who in hell wants to play with a state car!!!
if u intend to continue with it do the same as we are doing with the smaller versions. ECU reprogram, BIG turbos, intake coolers thats it.
any way two gt 27´S , or this HX 35, exaust line 80mm dia , racing air filter . well there are a lot to do there.....
regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

firebird400
Naturally-aspirated

09-08-2014, 04:24 PM #4
(09-08-2014, 04:03 PM)barrote Smile who in hell wants to play with a state car!!!

ME Cool

I am in no way thinking of making a race car.
Just a little something extra.

My Porsche Cayenne Turbo is also a heavy car. Yet it has a remap and sec. cats removed and is all the more fun for it. It is still no race car.

My Land Rover 2.5 diesel also has a full full exhaust and other mods and is usable because of it.

Everything can be made a little better, a bit more lively and so on, and I am curious if anyone has done something to those engines. It also comes in the G and E class´s so there must be quite a few of them around.

Also, does the OM628 share parts with any 2 liter Mercedes engines?
It looks like it could very well be two 2.0 engines on a common crank.
You did mention smaller engines. Any of them perhaps the OM628 little brother?
firebird400
09-08-2014, 04:24 PM #4

(09-08-2014, 04:03 PM)barrote Smile who in hell wants to play with a state car!!!

ME Cool

I am in no way thinking of making a race car.
Just a little something extra.

My Porsche Cayenne Turbo is also a heavy car. Yet it has a remap and sec. cats removed and is all the more fun for it. It is still no race car.

My Land Rover 2.5 diesel also has a full full exhaust and other mods and is usable because of it.

Everything can be made a little better, a bit more lively and so on, and I am curious if anyone has done something to those engines. It also comes in the G and E class´s so there must be quite a few of them around.

Also, does the OM628 share parts with any 2 liter Mercedes engines?
It looks like it could very well be two 2.0 engines on a common crank.
You did mention smaller engines. Any of them perhaps the OM628 little brother?

barrote
Superturbo

09-09-2014, 03:22 AM #5
hy,
litle engine means, 5 6 cyl, and there are people here with diesel engines from the 60´s.
compared to a v8 300HP stock!
maybe a V engine is 2 engines in the same crankshaft, MB has one V8 with 2 crankshafts, dont know wich one is. and like that they share lot of things, probably u can go AMG specs using stuff from the 4,5,6´s cyl engines.
the problem is that V8 is quite a piece of engennering, it might be dificult just to blue print it, and have 50HP in the end.
CDI engines, humm limited RPM, computer limit, hardware limit.
regards.

FD,