STD Tuning Engine I guess it is not possible...

I guess it is not possible...

I guess it is not possible...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

12-01-2014, 05:18 AM #1
...to fit OM603 governor to OM606 pump, right?

I'm just going through my options of upgrading from OM603 Turbo to OM606 Turbo. It seems possible to maintain the electronic pump & ECU as "standalone", however noone seems to be willing to share the knowledge how it's done. Or I'm looking for the wrong keywords.

I have two 603 Turbo pumps, that's not the issue. The issue is more like that german TÜV will want to see electronic controll maintained, for reasons of emissions & stuff (big hurdle to overcome for making it road legal in joymoney).

So I'm more likely to have to maintain the electronic pump at first, but maybe I can "downgrade" to mechanic pump later, for things like reliability and less electronics...

Are there any wiring diagrammes available for OM606 engine electronic?

Thank you for any input!!

'88 300CD Turbo Coupé - OM603
DiseaselWeasel
12-01-2014, 05:18 AM #1

...to fit OM603 governor to OM606 pump, right?

I'm just going through my options of upgrading from OM603 Turbo to OM606 Turbo. It seems possible to maintain the electronic pump & ECU as "standalone", however noone seems to be willing to share the knowledge how it's done. Or I'm looking for the wrong keywords.

I have two 603 Turbo pumps, that's not the issue. The issue is more like that german TÜV will want to see electronic controll maintained, for reasons of emissions & stuff (big hurdle to overcome for making it road legal in joymoney).

So I'm more likely to have to maintain the electronic pump at first, but maybe I can "downgrade" to mechanic pump later, for things like reliability and less electronics...

Are there any wiring diagrammes available for OM606 engine electronic?

Thank you for any input!!

Sjevsspeed.nl
twincharged

12-01-2014, 06:45 AM #2
It schould be possible. but its a verry big task. you need al the sensors on the motor and al the wiring to computer en comport. then you would have someone program the imobiliser out the ecu and maybe some other options. It is a big job to instal and to have it later "downgraded" to an mechanical pump. i dont know the rules in germany alot but ive done some busyness there. i think if u mount a katalic converter and maybe a dfp. they also wil be.satisfied emisions wize. otherwize maybe get an programable ecy and make it work that way. but what i remember is that they dont care how the fwul is regulated only the measured emisions
Sjevsspeed.nl
12-01-2014, 06:45 AM #2

It schould be possible. but its a verry big task. you need al the sensors on the motor and al the wiring to computer en comport. then you would have someone program the imobiliser out the ecu and maybe some other options. It is a big job to instal and to have it later "downgraded" to an mechanical pump. i dont know the rules in germany alot but ive done some busyness there. i think if u mount a katalic converter and maybe a dfp. they also wil be.satisfied emisions wize. otherwize maybe get an programable ecy and make it work that way. but what i remember is that they dont care how the fwul is regulated only the measured emisions

barrote
Superturbo

12-01-2014, 11:51 AM #3
hy there.
there´s one way of having the emissions under control. EGR system, Catalitic converters, and particle filter.
anyway the emissions will be based on Specific Fuel Consuption, weather to say liters by kW produced divided by km made.
in my country they regulate Co emissions and exaust opacity as a measure of particle emission. here the deal is going to B (basic) inspection with a low SFC, EGR and cat working as it should.
if in your case u have a measure of particles,maybe u have to go with a filter.
for instance , if u fit your 606 with a 35CC (normal 603N/A setings) pump, EGR fully functional, and cat plus part filter , the engine will be running extremelly lean and u may end up below 150CO emissions wich is rather good for a 20yo engine.
after is after.Smile
to have the edc pump the best solution i belive is to transplant the wiring from another car, for instance EGR system must operational otherwise it will enter emergency mode.
good luck

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
12-01-2014, 11:51 AM #3

hy there.
there´s one way of having the emissions under control. EGR system, Catalitic converters, and particle filter.
anyway the emissions will be based on Specific Fuel Consuption, weather to say liters by kW produced divided by km made.
in my country they regulate Co emissions and exaust opacity as a measure of particle emission. here the deal is going to B (basic) inspection with a low SFC, EGR and cat working as it should.
if in your case u have a measure of particles,maybe u have to go with a filter.
for instance , if u fit your 606 with a 35CC (normal 603N/A setings) pump, EGR fully functional, and cat plus part filter , the engine will be running extremelly lean and u may end up below 150CO emissions wich is rather good for a 20yo engine.
after is after.Smile
to have the edc pump the best solution i belive is to transplant the wiring from another car, for instance EGR system must operational otherwise it will enter emergency mode.
good luck

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

Druk
Holset

12-01-2014, 12:25 PM #4
(12-01-2014, 05:18 AM)DiseaselWeasel ...to fit OM603 governor to OM606 pump, right?

See post #1 here. http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/Thre...W108-280SE
Druk
12-01-2014, 12:25 PM #4

(12-01-2014, 05:18 AM)DiseaselWeasel ...to fit OM603 governor to OM606 pump, right?

See post #1 here. http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/Thre...W108-280SE

Sjevsspeed.nl
twincharged

12-01-2014, 12:52 PM #5
I dont think the egr has to be operational as long as ur under the emisions limit in germany
Sjevsspeed.nl
12-01-2014, 12:52 PM #5

I dont think the egr has to be operational as long as ur under the emisions limit in germany

12-01-2014, 01:53 PM #6
Well yes and no. Any alteration to the engine's fuel measuring system will be regarded as a "new" engine and will require a verification of emissions... Like for newly developed cars - and may cost a few thousand euros - success not guaranteed. I'm to keep it electronic pump, with EGR if I want it legal (though noone would probably ever notice a mechanical pump or lack of MAF sensor... But better be safe than sorry, right?) It's the same as putting a pair of weber carbs to a 911 g-model. Strictly speaking you've build a brand new engine which needs approval by the authorities... It's a much more elaborate process than a emissions test during technical inspection/TÜV!

I don't mind electronics and wiring stuff - I want to keep the 5spd. slush box too... It's going to be a lot more complicated than the 603 swap, that's for sure! And if it keeps me occupied - what's there not to like? I'm not going to start without a complete donor car anyway.

DiseaselWeasel
12-01-2014, 01:53 PM #6

Well yes and no. Any alteration to the engine's fuel measuring system will be regarded as a "new" engine and will require a verification of emissions... Like for newly developed cars - and may cost a few thousand euros - success not guaranteed. I'm to keep it electronic pump, with EGR if I want it legal (though noone would probably ever notice a mechanical pump or lack of MAF sensor... But better be safe than sorry, right?) It's the same as putting a pair of weber carbs to a 911 g-model. Strictly speaking you've build a brand new engine which needs approval by the authorities... It's a much more elaborate process than a emissions test during technical inspection/TÜV!

I don't mind electronics and wiring stuff - I want to keep the 5spd. slush box too... It's going to be a lot more complicated than the 603 swap, that's for sure! And if it keeps me occupied - what's there not to like? I'm not going to start without a complete donor car anyway.

hooblah
Holset

12-01-2014, 06:04 PM #7
This problem has an easy 3-step solution...
1. Buy another car of the same colour.
2. Swap the plates for the test.
3. Swap the plates back after the test.
Tongue

No but in all seriousness, I was running my 190d on veg oil and I took it in for an MOT (yearly test). When it came to testing the emmissions, the tester couldn't believe how low the CO readings were. He commented on the funny smell but he didnt even notice it was running on veg oil until I told him lol. He was amazed to say the least.
hooblah
12-01-2014, 06:04 PM #7

This problem has an easy 3-step solution...
1. Buy another car of the same colour.
2. Swap the plates for the test.
3. Swap the plates back after the test.
Tongue

No but in all seriousness, I was running my 190d on veg oil and I took it in for an MOT (yearly test). When it came to testing the emmissions, the tester couldn't believe how low the CO readings were. He commented on the funny smell but he didnt even notice it was running on veg oil until I told him lol. He was amazed to say the least.

12-02-2014, 01:54 AM #8
Again; we are NOT talking about an MOT-ish test, but an hours long verification on a rolling road! And thousands of €uros...

DiseaselWeasel
12-02-2014, 01:54 AM #8

Again; we are NOT talking about an MOT-ish test, but an hours long verification on a rolling road! And thousands of €uros...

Tito
Holset

12-02-2014, 02:33 AM #9
The rules in Germany are crazy. At my job we recently sold a vw golf r32 with a Rotrex compressor fitted by us. To make it legal in Germany they took off EVERYTHING. Even the boost pipes where illegal because they didn't have a TÜV check (they where made by us).
Tito
12-02-2014, 02:33 AM #9

The rules in Germany are crazy. At my job we recently sold a vw golf r32 with a Rotrex compressor fitted by us. To make it legal in Germany they took off EVERYTHING. Even the boost pipes where illegal because they didn't have a TÜV check (they where made by us).

Petar
7.5mm M pump

12-02-2014, 08:32 AM #10
Do they have a database of engines and they check everything ?? If not you have all parts to make a 606 fully mechanical available on 93-95 E300 diesels.And it looks stock.
Swapping in all electronics is difficult, but possible.
Petar
12-02-2014, 08:32 AM #10

Do they have a database of engines and they check everything ?? If not you have all parts to make a 606 fully mechanical available on 93-95 E300 diesels.And it looks stock.
Swapping in all electronics is difficult, but possible.

yankneck696
Build it so strong & blow it up good !!!

12-02-2014, 09:52 AM #11
Look up " olefejer " on here. He may have a standalone computer solution for you. Not sure, but worth a try.

Ed
yankneck696
12-02-2014, 09:52 AM #11

Look up " olefejer " on here. He may have a standalone computer solution for you. Not sure, but worth a try.

Ed

Petar
7.5mm M pump

12-02-2014, 02:20 PM #12
This might be interesting:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/mechanische-Einsp...1c49f611d5

1900 eur ???? ARE THEY OUT OF THEIR MINDS HuhHuh

A local bosch shop should be able to build a 603 pump with 6mm elements and set to 606 LA spec for far less money than that.
This post was last modified: 12-02-2014, 02:22 PM by Petar.
Petar
12-02-2014, 02:20 PM #12

This might be interesting:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/mechanische-Einsp...1c49f611d5

1900 eur ???? ARE THEY OUT OF THEIR MINDS HuhHuh

A local bosch shop should be able to build a 603 pump with 6mm elements and set to 606 LA spec for far less money than that.

baldur
Fast

12-07-2014, 05:48 PM #13
Governor won't fit because the electronic pump camshaft doesn't have provision for the governor. You could swap the cams but that requires complete disassembly of the pumps. It's easier to swap the elements than it is to swap everything else.
Then there is always the third option, which is what I'm doing myself...
[Image: zhGI1Nv.jpg]
[Image: jU3YBEi.jpg]

Baldur Gislason

baldur
12-07-2014, 05:48 PM #13

Governor won't fit because the electronic pump camshaft doesn't have provision for the governor. You could swap the cams but that requires complete disassembly of the pumps. It's easier to swap the elements than it is to swap everything else.
Then there is always the third option, which is what I'm doing myself...
[Image: zhGI1Nv.jpg]
[Image: jU3YBEi.jpg]

Baldur Gislason

Petar
7.5mm M pump

12-08-2014, 08:03 AM #14
(12-07-2014, 05:48 PM)baldur Governor won't fit because the electronic pump camshaft doesn't have provision for the governor. You could swap the cams but that requires complete disassembly of the pumps. It's easier to swap the elements than it is to swap everything else.

That AND there is no provision for the shutoff lever and actuator on the EDC. You would have an engine that will start and run put would be impossible to stop except by stalling it in high gear or cutting off the fuel supply !!!
This post was last modified: 12-08-2014, 08:07 AM by Petar.
Petar
12-08-2014, 08:03 AM #14

(12-07-2014, 05:48 PM)baldur Governor won't fit because the electronic pump camshaft doesn't have provision for the governor. You could swap the cams but that requires complete disassembly of the pumps. It's easier to swap the elements than it is to swap everything else.

That AND there is no provision for the shutoff lever and actuator on the EDC. You would have an engine that will start and run put would be impossible to stop except by stalling it in high gear or cutting off the fuel supply !!!

12-08-2014, 12:08 PM #15
Ok, I see. That was the info I was looking for Smile

I have since found a company that can programm away immobiliser from stock ECU. If they can also remove some stuff like EGR & emergency mode, I'm more than happy to have electronic pump - it does have some benefits in my opinion. I'm not planing to exceed stock power anytime soon.

DiseaselWeasel
12-08-2014, 12:08 PM #15

Ok, I see. That was the info I was looking for Smile

I have since found a company that can programm away immobiliser from stock ECU. If they can also remove some stuff like EGR & emergency mode, I'm more than happy to have electronic pump - it does have some benefits in my opinion. I'm not planing to exceed stock power anytime soon.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average