STD Tuning Engine 603 pump on 606, possible stuck elements.

603 pump on 606, possible stuck elements.

603 pump on 606, possible stuck elements.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

THE DIGGER
K26-2

01-23-2015, 08:40 AM #1
As the title says, I've a 603 pump on a 606.

The elements were swapped from the 606 edc pump into the 602 mechanical pump two years ago by a local Bosch pump agent, the pump was fitted to the engine, but never tried to start it as other prodjects got in the way.

I have recently started working on this again and when trying to start the engine and bleed the injector lines I've only fuel coming out of 1 and 2 and intermittent out of three, this leads me to believe I've a stuck elements on 4/5/6.

What is the way to deal with this, or can't it be something else?

Thanks In advance.
This post was last modified: 01-23-2015, 01:15 PM by THE DIGGER.
THE DIGGER
01-23-2015, 08:40 AM #1

As the title says, I've a 603 pump on a 606.

The elements were swapped from the 606 edc pump into the 602 mechanical pump two years ago by a local Bosch pump agent, the pump was fitted to the engine, but never tried to start it as other prodjects got in the way.

I have recently started working on this again and when trying to start the engine and bleed the injector lines I've only fuel coming out of 1 and 2 and intermittent out of three, this leads me to believe I've a stuck elements on 4/5/6.

What is the way to deal with this, or can't it be something else?

Thanks In advance.

barrote
Superturbo

01-23-2015, 09:47 AM #2
602 is a five cyl engine , but we got it
stuck elements , dont think so, stuck delivery valves maybe,
any how, inline pumps dont stuck that easy.
check out fuel suplly , expecially the return banjo, i´ve seen people using it closed. it must leak out.
open the lines and crank u should be fine.
regards.

FD,