STD Tuning Engine OM606 into 318tds?

OM606 into 318tds?

OM606 into 318tds?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lama
Unregistered

01-24-2015, 02:21 PM #1
Hey guys, I have a BMW 318 tds and I wanted to get some extra poke out of it. The stock engine is what it is, so I was looking to change it with something stronger. The OM606 would be ideal, but is it at all feasible? I've done a bit of work on cars and I understand quite well where is everything, though of course I'm not experienced in cross-platform engine swaps.

Are there other options? An obvious one is the engine from the 325tds, but I've heard it's not as good as the Merc ones, both for the pump and the internals.
Perhaps some newer common rail diesels?
Lama
01-24-2015, 02:21 PM #1

Hey guys, I have a BMW 318 tds and I wanted to get some extra poke out of it. The stock engine is what it is, so I was looking to change it with something stronger. The OM606 would be ideal, but is it at all feasible? I've done a bit of work on cars and I understand quite well where is everything, though of course I'm not experienced in cross-platform engine swaps.

Are there other options? An obvious one is the engine from the 325tds, but I've heard it's not as good as the Merc ones, both for the pump and the internals.
Perhaps some newer common rail diesels?

bruno_pinho
GT2256V

01-24-2015, 03:11 PM #2
A look at the topic

http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/Thre...-8mm-242cc
Mark_M
GT2559V

01-24-2015, 04:33 PM #3
Do some measuring and see what will fit. I would doubt a 6 will fit in there but it might. Common rail would be a problem from the ecu point of view. They need so much of the rest of the car to be there before they will work. Aftermarket ecu is really expensive.
Mark_M
01-24-2015, 04:33 PM #3

Do some measuring and see what will fit. I would doubt a 6 will fit in there but it might. Common rail would be a problem from the ecu point of view. They need so much of the rest of the car to be there before they will work. Aftermarket ecu is really expensive.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average