STD Tuning Engine om617 no power after restart

om617 no power after restart

om617 no power after restart

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

617yotacrawler
Naturally-aspirated

02-09-2015, 05:33 PM #1
Hey All, 
I am a new member to this site but have used it for lots of sourcing while building my truck. So I have a 1985 4runner with a 617.952 swap. it runs fantastic (80% of the time), gets good fuel millage ect. But I have started noticing that when I drive to a store and shit my truck off when I run in and come back out 5-30 min later sometime it won't restart and act like it is not getting any fuel. I will do a complete cycle on the key and after the plugs run again it will fire right up but be completely gut less. As in it will barely break 30 mph. It is really starting to be inconvenient because it also does it when I'm up rock crawling after a stall. One thing i have noticed is when I open the hood and slam the manual shut off a few times it will sometimes fix it but bot always but enough to get home. Please help I need more reliability. Thx for your help
617yotacrawler
02-09-2015, 05:33 PM #1

Hey All, 
I am a new member to this site but have used it for lots of sourcing while building my truck. So I have a 1985 4runner with a 617.952 swap. it runs fantastic (80% of the time), gets good fuel millage ect. But I have started noticing that when I drive to a store and shit my truck off when I run in and come back out 5-30 min later sometime it won't restart and act like it is not getting any fuel. I will do a complete cycle on the key and after the plugs run again it will fire right up but be completely gut less. As in it will barely break 30 mph. It is really starting to be inconvenient because it also does it when I'm up rock crawling after a stall. One thing i have noticed is when I open the hood and slam the manual shut off a few times it will sometimes fix it but bot always but enough to get home. Please help I need more reliability. Thx for your help

zeeman
Holset

02-09-2015, 07:20 PM #2
(02-09-2015, 05:33 PM)617yotacrawler Hey All, 

What happens when you pull the vaccumn hose off the shut off on the IP pump. How is your Alda hooked up?
zeeman
02-09-2015, 07:20 PM #2

(02-09-2015, 05:33 PM)617yotacrawler Hey All, 

What happens when you pull the vaccumn hose off the shut off on the IP pump. How is your Alda hooked up?

617yotacrawler
Naturally-aspirated

02-09-2015, 09:52 PM #3
My alda is backed all the way out. And I will have to give that a try. I used the toyota 22re evap solenoid for the shut off for vacuum supply. Are you thinking it is holding to much vacuum after shut down and not bleeding off?
This post was last modified: 02-09-2015, 09:54 PM by 617yotacrawler.
617yotacrawler
02-09-2015, 09:52 PM #3

My alda is backed all the way out. And I will have to give that a try. I used the toyota 22re evap solenoid for the shut off for vacuum supply. Are you thinking it is holding to much vacuum after shut down and not bleeding off?

zeeman
Holset

02-11-2015, 01:28 AM #4
(02-09-2015, 09:52 PM)617yotacrawler My alda is backed all the way out. And I will have to give that a try. I used the toyota 22re evap solenoid for the shut off for vacuum supply. Are you thinking it is holding to much vacuum after shut down and not bleeding off?

Does the evap solenoid have two ports or three. Needs three to bleed off completely.
zeeman
02-11-2015, 01:28 AM #4

(02-09-2015, 09:52 PM)617yotacrawler My alda is backed all the way out. And I will have to give that a try. I used the toyota 22re evap solenoid for the shut off for vacuum supply. Are you thinking it is holding to much vacuum after shut down and not bleeding off?

Does the evap solenoid have two ports or three. Needs three to bleed off completely.

617yotacrawler
Naturally-aspirated

02-12-2015, 09:54 PM #5
It has 2 nipple for lines in and a black exhaust valve on the back of it.
617yotacrawler
02-12-2015, 09:54 PM #5

It has 2 nipple for lines in and a black exhaust valve on the back of it.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average