STD Tuning Engine ECU failure OM613 320 CDI

ECU failure OM613 320 CDI

ECU failure OM613 320 CDI

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BarryD
Naturally-aspirated

02-11-2015, 11:04 AM #1
Hi there, i'm new here and trying to find an answer on my problem.. hope you can help me out.

At the moment we're building up an 320 CDI OM613 engine for in a boat.
We are now so far that the engines runs well. BUT.. the original ECU unit has an error with the automatic (transmission).

Does anyone know how to get rid off this error? What do I need to do? And how?

I will try to upload a video of the engine so you can see what we are talking about:

Regards, Barry
BarryD
02-11-2015, 11:04 AM #1

Hi there, i'm new here and trying to find an answer on my problem.. hope you can help me out.

We are now so far that the engines runs well. BUT.. the original ECU unit has an error with the automatic (transmission).

I will try to upload a video of the engine so you can see what we are talking about:

Regards, Barry

Booster
GT2559V

02-11-2015, 01:46 PM #2
(02-11-2015, 11:04 AM)BarryD Hi there, i'm new here and trying to find an answer on my problem.. hope you can help me out.

Regards, Barry

Tidy looking engine, Does the ECU have a Park or neutral switch/sensor? 

A little more detail on the issue would help identify the problem.
Booster
02-11-2015, 01:46 PM #2

(02-11-2015, 11:04 AM)BarryD Hi there, i'm new here and trying to find an answer on my problem.. hope you can help me out.

Regards, Barry

Tidy looking engine, Does the ECU have a Park or neutral switch/sensor? 

A little more detail on the issue would help identify the problem.

BarryD
Naturally-aspirated

02-11-2015, 02:39 PM #3
Yes, according to the ECU's scheme there is a neutral switch..
BarryD
02-11-2015, 02:39 PM #3

Yes, according to the ECU's scheme there is a neutral switch..

whipplem104
Holset

02-11-2015, 02:42 PM #4
Few questions. Are you using the key and eis from the original car? What car is this from? Do you have a shifter hooked up and the tcu?
Basically you probably can ignore the transmission errors. Unless you have the tcu installed then what you need to do is remove the tcu. From what I have seen you need to send traction data for how fast the car is moving over the CAN bus. This is what allows the engine to rev up past the soft rev.
whipplem104
02-11-2015, 02:42 PM #4

Few questions. Are you using the key and eis from the original car? What car is this from? Do you have a shifter hooked up and the tcu?
Basically you probably can ignore the transmission errors. Unless you have the tcu installed then what you need to do is remove the tcu. From what I have seen you need to send traction data for how fast the car is moving over the CAN bus. This is what allows the engine to rev up past the soft rev.

BarryD
Naturally-aspirated

02-11-2015, 03:16 PM #5
(02-11-2015, 02:42 PM)whipplem104 Few questions. Are you using the key and eis from the original car? What car is this from? Do you have a shifter hooked up and the tcu?
Basically you probably can ignore the transmission errors. Unless you have the tcu installed then what you need to do is remove the tcu.  From what I have seen you need to send traction data for how fast the car is moving over the CAN bus. This is what allows the engine to rev up past the soft rev.

Yes, the original key and EIS is used. This engine is from a 320 E-class 2002.
No shifter and tcu connected.

OK, can you tell me how to send the traction date over the CAN bus? Is there a special module for?
BarryD
02-11-2015, 03:16 PM #5

(02-11-2015, 02:42 PM)whipplem104 Few questions. Are you using the key and eis from the original car? What car is this from? Do you have a shifter hooked up and the tcu?
Basically you probably can ignore the transmission errors. Unless you have the tcu installed then what you need to do is remove the tcu.  From what I have seen you need to send traction data for how fast the car is moving over the CAN bus. This is what allows the engine to rev up past the soft rev.

Yes, the original key and EIS is used. This engine is from a 320 E-class 2002.
No shifter and tcu connected.

OK, can you tell me how to send the traction date over the CAN bus? Is there a special module for?

whipplem104
Holset

02-11-2015, 08:24 PM #6
No you would have to write code to a module that would do this. I have been working on some stuff for some projects of mine but I have not implemented anything yet. Waiting on a piece of hardware software that should be coming out in a while to make things easier.
How did you get it to start without the shifter or tcu. It should require a neutral safety release from the tcu or shifter to even activate the starter. Did you just jump the starter with the key on.
whipplem104
02-11-2015, 08:24 PM #6

No you would have to write code to a module that would do this. I have been working on some stuff for some projects of mine but I have not implemented anything yet. Waiting on a piece of hardware software that should be coming out in a while to make things easier.
How did you get it to start without the shifter or tcu. It should require a neutral safety release from the tcu or shifter to even activate the starter. Did you just jump the starter with the key on.

BarryD
Naturally-aspirated

02-12-2015, 03:34 PM #7
OK, unfortunately. Please keep me posted about that..

Does anyone else know somebody who can modify the software of the original ECU?
BarryD
02-12-2015, 03:34 PM #7

OK, unfortunately. Please keep me posted about that..

Does anyone else know somebody who can modify the software of the original ECU?

Turbo
Holset

02-12-2015, 04:49 PM #8
I might know one
pm me and I give you information
Turbo
02-12-2015, 04:49 PM #8

I might know one
pm me and I give you information

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average