STD Other Projects OM603 into W123 swap

OM603 into W123 swap

OM603 into W123 swap

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TheDon
606 Power!!

02-14-2015, 08:11 AM #1
Im back! First thing, I'm really mad I sold my 606 that I had found for dirt cheap! 

I have a 240D I got for $1k that had been sitting for 20 years, no rust or rot. Body is nice and interior Is 9/10. It's manual everything and no sunroof. Plus it's brown, brown is the best color.  

I also have my '87 300D that is just sitting around taking up space.  The body is crap the interior is ok but the engine and transmission are pretty good. Engine needs some gaskets replaced and maybe the lifters and check the chain for stretch. But it's solid. 

So I kind of want to swap the 603 into my 240D, bones stock, for now and later on put a big turbo on it, tune the pump, etc. If I am still a school teacher(waiting to hear back from another job) I have the entire summer off to do the swap. 

I've been digging around and see others have done it and it looks almost drop in. I'd like to keep AC because I live in FL and this will be my daily driver.  
TheDon
02-14-2015, 08:11 AM #1

Im back! First thing, I'm really mad I sold my 606 that I had found for dirt cheap! 

I have a 240D I got for $1k that had been sitting for 20 years, no rust or rot. Body is nice and interior Is 9/10. It's manual everything and no sunroof. Plus it's brown, brown is the best color.  

I also have my '87 300D that is just sitting around taking up space.  The body is crap the interior is ok but the engine and transmission are pretty good. Engine needs some gaskets replaced and maybe the lifters and check the chain for stretch. But it's solid. 

So I kind of want to swap the 603 into my 240D, bones stock, for now and later on put a big turbo on it, tune the pump, etc. If I am still a school teacher(waiting to hear back from another job) I have the entire summer off to do the swap. 

I've been digging around and see others have done it and it looks almost drop in. I'd like to keep AC because I live in FL and this will be my daily driver.  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average