STD Tuning Drivetrain OM605 singlemass FW

OM605 singlemass FW

OM605 singlemass FW

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TomasMB
Naturally-aspirated

09-20-2015, 07:05 PM #1
Hi, i´ve read all topics here about it, but i have not found anything, that can help me.
I have OM605 in my MB190 for daily driving, ist only about 250HP setup.
After 20.000km my old manual transmissin with short input shaft fitted to original dualmass FW broke down (my bad).
So i bought a new one with long input shaft for singlemass FW (i think that it´ll be better).
But FW,clutch plate and preasure plate is only 228mm and its rly not enought. Undecided
So can you please recommend me which one singlemass FW and preasure plate is the simplest way to hold my 250HP?
I want to stay as long as its possible at Mercedes parts (nothing from BMW or Volvo...)
Is here any singlemass FW for 240mm clucth and presure plate used in any Mercedes?
Sure Im able to adjust it slightly (FW).
BTW Im from Czech and we have got here alot of car wrecks.
Im trying to find cheap and easy to obtain parts, nothing extremely because im not going to boost it anymore.
Sorry for my english. I have skilful hands, but the head... Thank you and tribute to your knowledge.
TomasMB
09-20-2015, 07:05 PM #1

Hi, i´ve read all topics here about it, but i have not found anything, that can help me.
I have OM605 in my MB190 for daily driving, ist only about 250HP setup.
After 20.000km my old manual transmissin with short input shaft fitted to original dualmass FW broke down (my bad).
So i bought a new one with long input shaft for singlemass FW (i think that it´ll be better).
But FW,clutch plate and preasure plate is only 228mm and its rly not enought. Undecided
So can you please recommend me which one singlemass FW and preasure plate is the simplest way to hold my 250HP?
I want to stay as long as its possible at Mercedes parts (nothing from BMW or Volvo...)
Is here any singlemass FW for 240mm clucth and presure plate used in any Mercedes?
Sure Im able to adjust it slightly (FW).
BTW Im from Czech and we have got here alot of car wrecks.
Im trying to find cheap and easy to obtain parts, nothing extremely because im not going to boost it anymore.
Sorry for my english. I have skilful hands, but the head... Thank you and tribute to your knowledge.

F.R.A.S
Holset

09-21-2015, 03:27 AM #2
Machine the FW to fit a Sachs 765 pressure plate and use the stock om605 clutch that is 240mm Big Grin

Will be good for over 350hp EASY

F-tune Performance [Image: V-band_om606.jpg] [Image: GTX3582R.jpg] [Image: gs6-53dz_gearbox.jpg]

I can help you out with all your manual transmission, clutch, flywheel, intake and exhaust manifold issues.
F.R.A.S
09-21-2015, 03:27 AM #2

Machine the FW to fit a Sachs 765 pressure plate and use the stock om605 clutch that is 240mm Big Grin

Will be good for over 350hp EASY

F-tune Performance [Image: V-band_om606.jpg] [Image: GTX3582R.jpg] [Image: gs6-53dz_gearbox.jpg]

I can help you out with all your manual transmission, clutch, flywheel, intake and exhaust manifold issues.

TomasMB
Naturally-aspirated

09-21-2015, 01:16 PM #3
Sachs 765 sounds great, im not sure, that i need to hold so much power, but it will be there for 1000 years. And what about vibration? I have bad experience with singlemass FW and cluth without springs, in low rpm, specialy between 800-2000. Do u think, that clutch from 220cdi (240mm) with springs can solve this problem? Thank you.
TomasMB
09-21-2015, 01:16 PM #3

Sachs 765 sounds great, im not sure, that i need to hold so much power, but it will be there for 1000 years. And what about vibration? I have bad experience with singlemass FW and cluth without springs, in low rpm, specialy between 800-2000. Do u think, that clutch from 220cdi (240mm) with springs can solve this problem? Thank you.

TomasMB
Naturally-aspirated

09-22-2015, 03:37 PM #4
Noone have "vibrations" trouble in low rpm? Maybe i have wrong something else on my benz.
One old mercedes mechanic told me :
daily car - dualmass FW and no vibrations at all
race car - singlemass FW and vibrations at low rpm
U must choose what u want...
But is here any compromise? (like clutch with springs...or i dont know)
Please all with any experience about this issue, tell me.
TomasMB
09-22-2015, 03:37 PM #4

Noone have "vibrations" trouble in low rpm? Maybe i have wrong something else on my benz.
One old mercedes mechanic told me :
daily car - dualmass FW and no vibrations at all
race car - singlemass FW and vibrations at low rpm
U must choose what u want...
But is here any compromise? (like clutch with springs...or i dont know)
Please all with any experience about this issue, tell me.

raysorenson
Superturbo

09-22-2015, 05:06 PM #5
My car has cardans instead of flex discs so it has less vibration damping ability than a normal W124. That said, I have torsional vibrations from clutch discs with springs and no springs. No springs are worse, but vibrations are still there with springs
raysorenson
09-22-2015, 05:06 PM #5

My car has cardans instead of flex discs so it has less vibration damping ability than a normal W124. That said, I have torsional vibrations from clutch discs with springs and no springs. No springs are worse, but vibrations are still there with springs

Tito
Holset

09-23-2015, 02:52 PM #6
Those low end fibrations are real killers by the way. I've seen broken input shafts on multiple cars. And those were smooth running 6 banger petrol engines! Not even extreme power. I highly recommend dual mass. However I dont know max torque of those.
This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 02:53 PM by Tito.
Tito
09-23-2015, 02:52 PM #6

Those low end fibrations are real killers by the way. I've seen broken input shafts on multiple cars. And those were smooth running 6 banger petrol engines! Not even extreme power. I highly recommend dual mass. However I dont know max torque of those.

TomasMB
Naturally-aspirated

09-23-2015, 03:49 PM #7
Ouch, im scared. All those with Dieselmeken superpumps riding on singlemass FW ?
I want to try singlemass and clutch with springs, but if its danger for transmission, i rather go back on dualmass.
(i have both transmission long/short input shaft in stock)
Like i told, its still DAILY car with "some" power.
Im trying to get as much infromation about this as possible.
Where is the max power limit for dualmass, and where is singlemass needful ?
Is there anyone who set his car on singlemass FW and have no vibration at all ? If yes, how? What is the weight of your FW ?
Thank you all for reply.
This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 03:53 PM by TomasMB.
TomasMB
09-23-2015, 03:49 PM #7

Ouch, im scared. All those with Dieselmeken superpumps riding on singlemass FW ?
I want to try singlemass and clutch with springs, but if its danger for transmission, i rather go back on dualmass.
(i have both transmission long/short input shaft in stock)
Like i told, its still DAILY car with "some" power.
Im trying to get as much infromation about this as possible.
Where is the max power limit for dualmass, and where is singlemass needful ?
Is there anyone who set his car on singlemass FW and have no vibration at all ? If yes, how? What is the weight of your FW ?
Thank you all for reply.

raysorenson
Superturbo

09-24-2015, 06:59 AM #8
I doubt you'll tear anything up. There are zillions of cars out there that came with dual mass FW's and were converted to single mass and still use the unsprung clutch disc. It's more of a nuisance than anything else. Irritating noises and jerky power delivery are reason enough to go with dual mass if you don't intend to make a ton of power.
raysorenson
09-24-2015, 06:59 AM #8

I doubt you'll tear anything up. There are zillions of cars out there that came with dual mass FW's and were converted to single mass and still use the unsprung clutch disc. It's more of a nuisance than anything else. Irritating noises and jerky power delivery are reason enough to go with dual mass if you don't intend to make a ton of power.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average