STD Tuning Engine Coolant system

Coolant system

Coolant system

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

monstercrawlers
Naturally-aspirated

10-08-2015, 02:30 PM #1
As my 606 is going in a race truck I need to simplify my cooling system. I have no heater and a rear mounted radiator with only top and bottom hoses running front to rear. Is anyone else running anything similar ? Can the coolant pipe coming out of the back of the head be t'd into top hose ? I've seen somewhere about removing the block bung under exhaust manifold at rear of block and fitting a outlet there to take the heat away from back... Is that worth doing? Sorry for so many questions have scanned thro the threads and can't find anything similar. Thanks in advance
monstercrawlers
10-08-2015, 02:30 PM #1

As my 606 is going in a race truck I need to simplify my cooling system. I have no heater and a rear mounted radiator with only top and bottom hoses running front to rear. Is anyone else running anything similar ? Can the coolant pipe coming out of the back of the head be t'd into top hose ? I've seen somewhere about removing the block bung under exhaust manifold at rear of block and fitting a outlet there to take the heat away from back... Is that worth doing? Sorry for so many questions have scanned thro the threads and can't find anything similar. Thanks in advance

m1tch
GT2559V

10-09-2015, 02:21 AM #2
Check Dieselmeken's thread here for the solution:

http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/show...p?tid=6666
m1tch
10-09-2015, 02:21 AM #2

Check Dieselmeken's thread here for the solution:

http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/show...p?tid=6666

monstercrawlers
Naturally-aspirated

10-09-2015, 02:38 PM #3
Thanx m1tch, that's one question answered just where to put the other pipes now
monstercrawlers
10-09-2015, 02:38 PM #3

Thanx m1tch, that's one question answered just where to put the other pipes now

barrote
Superturbo

10-13-2015, 07:58 AM #4
nop it enters the block at the front and travels through the block up in the head... one thing that we should consider is the head gasket holes where it travels , they are calibrated ..... i just wonder how much we can gain opening them !!!
the rear exit is for heating system .

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
10-13-2015, 07:58 AM #4

nop it enters the block at the front and travels through the block up in the head... one thing that we should consider is the head gasket holes where it travels , they are calibrated ..... i just wonder how much we can gain opening them !!!
the rear exit is for heating system .

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

AlanMcR
mind - blown

10-14-2015, 12:09 AM #5
The rear exit does indeed go to the heating system.  However, at least on the W463, MB designed the heating system so that water always flows through it.  If the heater valve is closed, then a bypass opens around the heater core, guaranteeing that water keeps flowing out the port.
AlanMcR
10-14-2015, 12:09 AM #5

The rear exit does indeed go to the heating system.  However, at least on the W463, MB designed the heating system so that water always flows through it.  If the heater valve is closed, then a bypass opens around the heater core, guaranteeing that water keeps flowing out the port.

F.R.A.S
Holset

10-14-2015, 01:12 AM #6
Everyone know that you can do a quick fix on any overheating engine by cranking up the heat in the car and turn on full fan. With that said the best way of fixing any heat problem on the last cylinder (or even last two cylinders) should be to mount a small radiator to the heater connectors on the rear side of the head...

In a daily it could be problematic when the winter comes and so on but most people here don't live in a country that goes in to the Arctic circle as I do Smile

F-tune Performance [Image: V-band_om606.jpg] [Image: GTX3582R.jpg] [Image: gs6-53dz_gearbox.jpg]

I can help you out with all your manual transmission, clutch, flywheel, intake and exhaust manifold issues.
F.R.A.S
10-14-2015, 01:12 AM #6

Everyone know that you can do a quick fix on any overheating engine by cranking up the heat in the car and turn on full fan. With that said the best way of fixing any heat problem on the last cylinder (or even last two cylinders) should be to mount a small radiator to the heater connectors on the rear side of the head...

In a daily it could be problematic when the winter comes and so on but most people here don't live in a country that goes in to the Arctic circle as I do Smile

F-tune Performance [Image: V-band_om606.jpg] [Image: GTX3582R.jpg] [Image: gs6-53dz_gearbox.jpg]

I can help you out with all your manual transmission, clutch, flywheel, intake and exhaust manifold issues.

barrote
Superturbo

10-14-2015, 04:32 AM #7
(10-14-2015, 12:09 AM)AlanMcR The rear exit does indeed go to the heating system.  However, at least on the W463, MB designed the heating system so that water always flows through it.  If the heater valve is closed, then a bypass opens around the heater core, guaranteeing that water keeps flowing out the port.

yes and if use care looking at the system we can see that the return line goes back to the thermostatic valve ot side , bypassing the radiator.....
so unless i´m missing something that wont help ....
regards

FD,