STD Other Non MBZ Diesel Bmw / cummins camplate swap help

Bmw / cummins camplate swap help

Bmw / cummins camplate swap help

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

whitey1986
GTA2056V

11-23-2015, 06:41 AM #1
Bit of a long shot but here goes. Anyone know how many degrees start of injection is for Cummins 6bt direct injection is compared to bmw tds indirect injection. I have a cummins camplate in my pump and have pivoted the pump back as much as possible to increase advance and it runs like a proper tractor. So it's too retarded due to the late injection of direct injection camplate. Any ideas? Otherwise I will slacken chain and advance pump more.
whitey1986
11-23-2015, 06:41 AM #1

Bit of a long shot but here goes. Anyone know how many degrees start of injection is for Cummins 6bt direct injection is compared to bmw tds indirect injection. I have a cummins camplate in my pump and have pivoted the pump back as much as possible to increase advance and it runs like a proper tractor. So it's too retarded due to the late injection of direct injection camplate. Any ideas? Otherwise I will slacken chain and advance pump more.

rolfts
K26-2

11-26-2015, 02:08 PM #2
As long as you are not blowing huge amounts of white smoke you should be ok. You can also try to swap the nozzels between rotorhead and lines to the injectors. These nozzles have a extra pre injection mechanism. I ran my pump at 0,92mm pre injection cummins head and plate no problem. Bigger quantity in shorter time will make such a noise you shouldn't be able to talk with the hood open.
rolfts
11-26-2015, 02:08 PM #2

As long as you are not blowing huge amounts of white smoke you should be ok. You can also try to swap the nozzels between rotorhead and lines to the injectors. These nozzles have a extra pre injection mechanism. I ran my pump at 0,92mm pre injection cummins head and plate no problem. Bigger quantity in shorter time will make such a noise you shouldn't be able to talk with the hood open.

whitey1986
GTA2056V

11-26-2015, 02:15 PM #3
The tractorness turned out to be the fuel quantity adjuster solenoid on top sitting on wrong so I pushed it all the way back to check what would happen and when I started it it ran away haha but I covered the turbo inlet and that killed it quick. I then pushed it forward and it ran ok very knocky due to the advance but then it wouldn't rev easily and eventually it died I managed to burn out the adjuster solenoid. I had another rotor head and the control collar was very stiff on it I managed to free it but apparently not enough. I have another electronic pump coming so hopefully will have a 3 mm camplate pumped car see how much more power it gives.
whitey1986
11-26-2015, 02:15 PM #3

The tractorness turned out to be the fuel quantity adjuster solenoid on top sitting on wrong so I pushed it all the way back to check what would happen and when I started it it ran away haha but I covered the turbo inlet and that killed it quick. I then pushed it forward and it ran ok very knocky due to the advance but then it wouldn't rev easily and eventually it died I managed to burn out the adjuster solenoid. I had another rotor head and the control collar was very stiff on it I managed to free it but apparently not enough. I have another electronic pump coming so hopefully will have a 3 mm camplate pumped car see how much more power it gives.

rolfts
K26-2

11-26-2015, 02:27 PM #4
When it starts to run I pull off the 12v from the stop solenoid. This will happen a lot more try to get a feel for it Wink. Just a diy pump thing. I had a collar once that was stuck also. I freed it and let it sit in oil for a while, did the trick. It has to be, do not mess this fitment up you will destroy the plunger.
rolfts
11-26-2015, 02:27 PM #4

When it starts to run I pull off the 12v from the stop solenoid. This will happen a lot more try to get a feel for it Wink. Just a diy pump thing. I had a collar once that was stuck also. I freed it and let it sit in oil for a while, did the trick. It has to be, do not mess this fitment up you will destroy the plunger.

rolfts
K26-2

11-26-2015, 02:28 PM #5
(11-26-2015, 02:27 PM)rolfts When it starts to run I pull off the 12v from the stop solenoid. This will happen a lot more try to get a feel for it Wink. Just a diy pump thing. I had a collar once that was stuck also. I freed it and let it sit in oil for a while, did the trick. It has to be tight, do not mess this fitment up you will destroy the plunger.
rolfts
11-26-2015, 02:28 PM #5

(11-26-2015, 02:27 PM)rolfts When it starts to run I pull off the 12v from the stop solenoid. This will happen a lot more try to get a feel for it Wink. Just a diy pump thing. I had a collar once that was stuck also. I freed it and let it sit in oil for a while, did the trick. It has to be tight, do not mess this fitment up you will destroy the plunger.

whitey1986
GTA2056V

11-28-2015, 06:50 PM #6
I have another pump coming to swap the solenoids on. All the collars have had a very close tolerance and yeah I used kroil to free the stuck one off it'll be Monday before the latest victim (pump) comes haha
whitey1986
11-28-2015, 06:50 PM #6

I have another pump coming to swap the solenoids on. All the collars have had a very close tolerance and yeah I used kroil to free the stuck one off it'll be Monday before the latest victim (pump) comes haha

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average