STD Tuning Engine German 8 mm MW elements for $50/pop?

German 8 mm MW elements for $50/pop?

German 8 mm MW elements for $50/pop?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jooseppi Luna
Certified Nut

04-09-2016, 04:37 PM #1
It looks like the company referenced in this PeachParts thread is now selling 8 mm MW elements for 44.80 euros apiece, which is about $50/element, and they are doing international shipping!  I unfortunately wasn't able to get a shipping cost without delving too far into the purchase process, but 5 elements are $300 with tax, so even with shipping it should be pretty affordable.  I'm going to e-mail them about shipping cost and will post back.

Obviously you can't install these without proper tools, but you could try to hook up with DeliveryValve's guy (is he still around?) or try to make other arrangments to have them installed... $50 does seem like a pretty good price either way.

Here is the link, there is an option in the upper-right corner of the page to switch between German and English.

Does this look like a good deal?  Am I missing something?  Would you order these?
This post was last modified: 04-09-2016, 04:39 PM by Jooseppi Luna.

-Jooseppi

1982 300SD -- 211k, Texas car, tranny issues

1979 240D 4-speed 234k -- turbo and tuned IP, third world taxi hot rod Big Grin .  Given to me by JB3, who got it from purplecomputer.

Some blasphemous vehicles in the fleet as well -- 2004 Corolla 5-speed and 1994 Buick Century

2 Samuel 12:13: "David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die."
Jooseppi Luna
04-09-2016, 04:37 PM #1

It looks like the company referenced in this PeachParts thread is now selling 8 mm MW elements for 44.80 euros apiece, which is about $50/element, and they are doing international shipping!  I unfortunately wasn't able to get a shipping cost without delving too far into the purchase process, but 5 elements are $300 with tax, so even with shipping it should be pretty affordable.  I'm going to e-mail them about shipping cost and will post back.

Obviously you can't install these without proper tools, but you could try to hook up with DeliveryValve's guy (is he still around?) or try to make other arrangments to have them installed... $50 does seem like a pretty good price either way.

Here is the link, there is an option in the upper-right corner of the page to switch between German and English.

Does this look like a good deal?  Am I missing something?  Would you order these?

-Jooseppi

1979 240D 4-speed 234k -- turbo and tuned IP, third world taxi hot rod Big Grin .  Given to me by JB3, who got it from purplecomputer.

Some blasphemous vehicles in the fleet as well -- 2004 Corolla 5-speed and 1994 Buick Century

2 Samuel 12:13: "David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die."

Jooseppi Luna
Certified Nut

04-09-2016, 04:41 PM #2
They also have a 10mm for the same price: http://shop.dtp-motorteile.de/item/DTP-15-051-MIG

-Jooseppi

Jooseppi Luna
04-09-2016, 04:41 PM #2

They also have a 10mm for the same price: http://shop.dtp-motorteile.de/item/DTP-15-051-MIG

-Jooseppi

Edian727
Dreams of 8mm 617

04-09-2016, 06:15 PM #3
So if im not mistaken there are 2 different types of mw, a thick and a thin. they are not interchangeable with out machining. looks like the 10's are the thin ones, the same as the mercedes. if i remember correctly theres also 2 or 3 different strokes but im not really sure about that. Im very interested though, hope someone knows more
This post was last modified: 04-09-2016, 06:23 PM by Edian727.
Edian727
04-09-2016, 06:15 PM #3

So if im not mistaken there are 2 different types of mw, a thick and a thin. they are not interchangeable with out machining. looks like the 10's are the thin ones, the same as the mercedes. if i remember correctly theres also 2 or 3 different strokes but im not really sure about that. Im very interested though, hope someone knows more

Jooseppi Luna
Certified Nut

04-09-2016, 06:51 PM #4
(04-09-2016, 06:15 PM)Edian727 So if im not mistaken there are 2 different types of mw, a thick and a thin. they are not interchangeable with out machining. looks like the 10's are the thin ones, the same as the mercedes. if i remember correctly theres also 2 or 3 different strokes but im not really sure about that. Im very interested though, hope someone knows more

This thread has a lot of info.  It looks like they should work.  See especially this post by DeliveryValve.

-Jooseppi

Jooseppi Luna
04-09-2016, 06:51 PM #4

(04-09-2016, 06:15 PM)Edian727 So if im not mistaken there are 2 different types of mw, a thick and a thin. they are not interchangeable with out machining. looks like the 10's are the thin ones, the same as the mercedes. if i remember correctly theres also 2 or 3 different strokes but im not really sure about that. Im very interested though, hope someone knows more

This thread has a lot of info.  It looks like they should work.  See especially this post by DeliveryValve.

-Jooseppi

OM616
10mm MW

04-10-2016, 06:58 PM #5
There are many 10mm MW and a couple different 8mm MW elements that have been used in different applications. This has all be covered in the past, the only advancement has been Dieselmeken has built a couple 8mm "Thick" MW pumps.

There are Thick and Thin MW elements and they are different, to that degree, Dieselmeken uses a thicker shim plate to adapt the MB MW pump housing to the 8mm Thick elements he used.

I have build a couple 10mm Thin MW pumps as has another member, Shreador I think. Not all 10mm elements are the same even if you stay in the Thin family. The helix and cam profile go hand in hand and the total delivery quantity is factored in there two. Picking the right one is the trick.

I highly recommend using the DVs that go with the elements used if one is to try and use elements from something else in their MB. Then there is the tuning of the Governor to deal with. All things being equal, it is pretty straight forward, but if they go strictly by Bosch specks, then it can get exciting lol..

There is a lot on this subject on this site.
OM616
04-10-2016, 06:58 PM #5

There are many 10mm MW and a couple different 8mm MW elements that have been used in different applications. This has all be covered in the past, the only advancement has been Dieselmeken has built a couple 8mm "Thick" MW pumps.

There are Thick and Thin MW elements and they are different, to that degree, Dieselmeken uses a thicker shim plate to adapt the MB MW pump housing to the 8mm Thick elements he used.

I have build a couple 10mm Thin MW pumps as has another member, Shreador I think. Not all 10mm elements are the same even if you stay in the Thin family. The helix and cam profile go hand in hand and the total delivery quantity is factored in there two. Picking the right one is the trick.

I highly recommend using the DVs that go with the elements used if one is to try and use elements from something else in their MB. Then there is the tuning of the Governor to deal with. All things being equal, it is pretty straight forward, but if they go strictly by Bosch specks, then it can get exciting lol..

There is a lot on this subject on this site.

Edian727
Dreams of 8mm 617

04-16-2016, 01:37 PM #6
so some research it seems that both of these are 10mm stroke and the mercedes are 8mm. From what i read you can tell with the pump number, if the last is a 1000+ its 10mm lift, if its between 1-100 its 8mm. i referenced this page to see what pump these elements go in, http://www.chinahanji.com/13_Plunger_mw.htm and http://www.chinahanji.com/13_Plunger_mwt.htm . i did read that was easily adjusted out, does anyone know if this is actually true? I've been talking to a shop locally and they seem like they may take on the project, just could never find the elements available.I also could not find the 10mm mw element thread so im not sure what was used in the motor ive seen run with 10mm in it.
Edian727
04-16-2016, 01:37 PM #6

so some research it seems that both of these are 10mm stroke and the mercedes are 8mm. From what i read you can tell with the pump number, if the last is a 1000+ its 10mm lift, if its between 1-100 its 8mm. i referenced this page to see what pump these elements go in, http://www.chinahanji.com/13_Plunger_mw.htm and http://www.chinahanji.com/13_Plunger_mwt.htm . i did read that was easily adjusted out, does anyone know if this is actually true? I've been talking to a shop locally and they seem like they may take on the project, just could never find the elements available.I also could not find the 10mm mw element thread so im not sure what was used in the motor ive seen run with 10mm in it.

barrote
Superturbo

04-17-2016, 02:08 AM #7
HY people ,
no 8 or 10mm or 12 mm available in the market fit the MW drop in, i can be made to work but is just a hassle , one may end up with cylinders running unsincronised to say the least, balancing is also very dificult.
Some of this elements were made to be mounted left side , some belong to indruntry/marine / heavy engines.
Dieselmeken , had some adapter plate to kill the gap due to diff stroke, he abandon the project , i gess due to what i writed above.
and then there´s the governor, well those springs are a bit dificult to deal, if u find a RSF dificult to tune out of specs imagine the RQV.

I imagine a solution, wich has to do with elements from the A type, but this will be just for fun , cause i dont have a 617 and the 617´s here in my planet are almost gone. A type element and a rsf governor.
but u see even if it works , who is wiling to pay the price of this mod ???

in the end matter´s litle whats inside , as long as one get a MW pumping out 200cc in 8 crank degree´s Wink
This post was last modified: 04-17-2016, 02:09 AM by barrote.

FD,