STD Tuning Engine Mercedes 190 engine mounts for om606

Mercedes 190 engine mounts for om606

Mercedes 190 engine mounts for om606

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

190Gilly
K26-2

06-19-2016, 11:53 AM #1
Hi all,

I'm doing a 606 swap into my 190. It's currently a 1.8. I'm on the lookout for some 2.6 engine mount arms, are they the right parts to look for? I've got access to the original 606 mount arms, and some m104 arms. 

What have other people used in their swaps?

Any help would be much appreciated, it's one of the last pieces of the puzzle (:
190Gilly
06-19-2016, 11:53 AM #1

Hi all,

I'm doing a 606 swap into my 190. It's currently a 1.8. I'm on the lookout for some 2.6 engine mount arms, are they the right parts to look for? I've got access to the original 606 mount arms, and some m104 arms. 

What have other people used in their swaps?

Any help would be much appreciated, it's one of the last pieces of the puzzle (:

barrote
Superturbo

06-19-2016, 03:39 PM #2
its easy , the gearbox must seat in the same position, basically what u have to do is take a measure at your gas engine from mount (bolt center) to rear face of block , compare with the measure in the 606 wich ever mounts u have laying around Wink if u need u fab some not so difficult, but i heard that 602 mounts do the trick.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
06-19-2016, 03:39 PM #2

its easy , the gearbox must seat in the same position, basically what u have to do is take a measure at your gas engine from mount (bolt center) to rear face of block , compare with the measure in the 606 wich ever mounts u have laying around Wink if u need u fab some not so difficult, but i heard that 602 mounts do the trick.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

190Gilly
K26-2

06-19-2016, 03:54 PM #3
Awesome, thanks for the response. I'm planning on using a 6 speed box, so is it just a matter of trying to sit the block as far back as possible? I know I'll need to fab something up for the gearbox mount though, unless there's an oem solution to fitting on in a w201? Do the different mounts vary in longitudinal position rather than vertical position then? I realise I'll need a custom or chopped prop too.
I'll look out for some 602 mounts instead, as I've read somewhere else that they may be suitable too. Thanks!
190Gilly
06-19-2016, 03:54 PM #3

Awesome, thanks for the response. I'm planning on using a 6 speed box, so is it just a matter of trying to sit the block as far back as possible? I know I'll need to fab something up for the gearbox mount though, unless there's an oem solution to fitting on in a w201? Do the different mounts vary in longitudinal position rather than vertical position then? I realise I'll need a custom or chopped prop too.
I'll look out for some 602 mounts instead, as I've read somewhere else that they may be suitable too. Thanks!

Hario'
C300TD Wagon (W202)

06-20-2016, 07:35 AM #4
(06-19-2016, 03:54 PM)190Gilly Awesome, thanks for the response. I'm planning on using a 6 speed box, so is it just a matter of trying to sit the block as far back as possible? I know I'll need to fab something up for the gearbox mount though, unless there's an oem solution to fitting on in a w201? Do the different mounts vary in longitudinal position rather than vertical position then? I realise I'll need a custom or chopped prop too.

If you look underneath you'll see a series of holes either side of the tunnel where the gearbox mount bolts to the shell.

So you could bolt the prop to the gearbox and try and line up some of the oem mounting holes, then deal with the engine mounts, or get some 602/34//5/6 engine mounts (I think 604/5 ones sit most further back), and then try and line the gearbox up with wherever the engine sits it, then deal with the prop length..

there are many ways to skin the old cat, just some involve less cutting, that sounds a bit dark sorry..

Installed:

OM606/722.6, big IC, W220 brakes.
Planned:
DIY manifold, compound, 722.6 controller, built IP.
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]
Hario'
06-20-2016, 07:35 AM #4

(06-19-2016, 03:54 PM)190Gilly Awesome, thanks for the response. I'm planning on using a 6 speed box, so is it just a matter of trying to sit the block as far back as possible? I know I'll need to fab something up for the gearbox mount though, unless there's an oem solution to fitting on in a w201? Do the different mounts vary in longitudinal position rather than vertical position then? I realise I'll need a custom or chopped prop too.

If you look underneath you'll see a series of holes either side of the tunnel where the gearbox mount bolts to the shell.

So you could bolt the prop to the gearbox and try and line up some of the oem mounting holes, then deal with the engine mounts, or get some 602/34//5/6 engine mounts (I think 604/5 ones sit most further back), and then try and line the gearbox up with wherever the engine sits it, then deal with the prop length..

there are many ways to skin the old cat, just some involve less cutting, that sounds a bit dark sorry..

Installed:

Planned:
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]

190Gilly
K26-2

06-21-2016, 05:27 AM #5
(06-20-2016, 07:35 AM)Hario

Awesome. Apart from the cat skinning part!

The part I'm most worried about is the engine position; I'd just like to be able to buy some mount arms and mounts, and have the engine sat in there without it catching on the bonnet, or outright not fitting. I know that's not how it works, but if I could find someone who has done the work previously, then perhaps I can nab the knowledge.

However, I've found some 605 mounts from a c class, so I think I'll buy them next week as a starting point. Got my pump to buy then, and hopefully have enough to buy the 6 speed box after that!

From there I can work out how much to chop off the prop, and make a gearbox mount.

Cheers!
190Gilly
06-21-2016, 05:27 AM #5

The part I'm most worried about is the engine position; I'd just like to be able to buy some mount arms and mounts, and have the engine sat in there without it catching on the bonnet, or outright not fitting. I know that's not how it works, but if I could find someone who has done the work previously, then perhaps I can nab the knowledge.

However, I've found some 605 mounts from a c class, so I think I'll buy them next week as a starting point. Got my pump to buy then, and hopefully have enough to buy the 6 speed box after that!

From there I can work out how much to chop off the prop, and make a gearbox mount.

Cheers!

Hario'
C300TD Wagon (W202)

06-23-2016, 07:11 AM #6
(06-21-2016, 05:27 AM)190Gilly

Cheers!

I have a 606 in my 202, and I used the original 605 mounts, to maintain the same distance between the bell housing face and the engine mount bolt centre, to allow me to keep the box (722.6) and prop stock, for an easy swap. However the 605 mounts sit the engine 1" further forward compared to 606 mounts, so in ideal world use 606 ones..

So if you are building from scratch, use the 606 mounts to give you a fighting chance of fitting a radiator and intercooler in your 201.

The gearbox mount captive nut holes on the shell are about 1" spacing fore-aft so you'll probably be able to use the next set of holes along if you use the 606 mounts. Hopefully the 6 speed gearbox mount fits your 201, suggest you try that before making it, as 202 & 201 are very similar. Expect you'll have to make a prop regardless, unless 201 came with a manual box with tail shaft exact same position as 6 speed, very unlikely.

Also note flex discs are different sizes so use 202/210 605/606/C200k ones.

Beers.
This post was last modified: 06-23-2016, 07:12 AM by Hario'.

Installed:

Planned:
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]
Hario'
06-23-2016, 07:11 AM #6

Cheers!

I have a 606 in my 202, and I used the original 605 mounts, to maintain the same distance between the bell housing face and the engine mount bolt centre, to allow me to keep the box (722.6) and prop stock, for an easy swap. However the 605 mounts sit the engine 1" further forward compared to 606 mounts, so in ideal world use 606 ones..

So if you are building from scratch, use the 606 mounts to give you a fighting chance of fitting a radiator and intercooler in your 201.

The gearbox mount captive nut holes on the shell are about 1" spacing fore-aft so you'll probably be able to use the next set of holes along if you use the 606 mounts. Hopefully the 6 speed gearbox mount fits your 201, suggest you try that before making it, as 202 & 201 are very similar. Expect you'll have to make a prop regardless, unless 201 came with a manual box with tail shaft exact same position as 6 speed, very unlikely.

Beers.

Installed:

Planned:
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]

190Gilly
K26-2

06-29-2016, 12:27 PM #7
(06-23-2016, 07:11 AM)Hario
(06-20-2016, 07:35 AM)Hario If you look underneath you'll see a series of holes either side of the tunnel where the gearbox mount bolts to the shell.

Cheers!

Beers.

You've answered all my questions with that one, cheers! Unfortunately the box won't happen this month, next on the list though. I'll make a build thread and update!

Thanks again
190Gilly
06-29-2016, 12:27 PM #7

(06-23-2016, 07:11 AM)Hario
(06-20-2016, 07:35 AM)Hario If you look underneath you'll see a series of holes either side of the tunnel where the gearbox mount bolts to the shell.

Cheers!

Beers.

You've answered all my questions with that one, cheers! Unfortunately the box won't happen this month, next on the list though. I'll make a build thread and update!

Thanks again

Petar
7.5mm M pump

06-29-2016, 02:09 PM #8
Don't buy om605 mounts in w201 chassis !!! The engine will be too tall, you won't be able to close the hood !! Use OM601/602/603 mounts. As far as i know OM601 and OM602 mounts are the same but the 603 ones move the engine slightly backwards.
Petar
06-29-2016, 02:09 PM #8

Don't buy om605 mounts in w201 chassis !!! The engine will be too tall, you won't be able to close the hood !! Use OM601/602/603 mounts. As far as i know OM601 and OM602 mounts are the same but the 603 ones move the engine slightly backwards.

190Gilly
K26-2

07-02-2016, 06:32 AM #9
(06-29-2016, 02:09 PM)Petar Don't buy om605 mounts in w201 chassis !!! The engine will be too tall, you won't be able to close the hood !! Use OM601/602/603 mounts. As far as i know OM601 and OM602 mounts are the same but the 603 ones move the engine slightly backwards.

Cool, thanks. I'd like it to sit as far back as possible to allow for some sort of cooling set up. I'm going to cut the panel that separates the main bulkhead from the engine bay to give a bit more space too I imagine.

On that note, anyone got any om603 mounts?! Surely the m103 mounts work the same? Just thinking that the 190's had the 2.6 engine. Any experience with that?
190Gilly
07-02-2016, 06:32 AM #9

(06-29-2016, 02:09 PM)Petar Don't buy om605 mounts in w201 chassis !!! The engine will be too tall, you won't be able to close the hood !! Use OM601/602/603 mounts. As far as i know OM601 and OM602 mounts are the same but the 603 ones move the engine slightly backwards.

Cool, thanks. I'd like it to sit as far back as possible to allow for some sort of cooling set up. I'm going to cut the panel that separates the main bulkhead from the engine bay to give a bit more space too I imagine.

On that note, anyone got any om603 mounts?! Surely the m103 mounts work the same? Just thinking that the 190's had the 2.6 engine. Any experience with that?

Hario'
C300TD Wagon (W202)

07-04-2016, 04:38 AM #10
(07-02-2016, 06:32 AM)190Gilly

Isn't the panel on the bulkhead covering the heater removeable? (bolt on). I remember that gave us more space..

Good to hear if M103 mounts are the same as OM603..

Beers

Installed:

Planned:
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]
Hario'
07-04-2016, 04:38 AM #10

(07-02-2016, 06:32 AM)190Gilly

Isn't the panel on the bulkhead covering the heater removeable? (bolt on). I remember that gave us more space..

Good to hear if M103 mounts are the same as OM603..

Beers

Installed:

Planned:
[i]Less rust.. 
[/i]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average