STD Other Projects W201 daily driver om605

W201 daily driver om605

W201 daily driver om605

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

M-ic
W201 OM605/722.6 fully electronic

06-30-2016, 12:42 PM #1
Hi everybody, a short presentation of my little project. The point of which was to see if it was possible to use most of the running gear/electronics from a -97 w202 250td in a -91 190d. In the process of trying it out several others on here did similar conversions, though I must say they are a lot more complex and comprehensive in their builds then I am. At the moment I am at the point where the car is driveable and testing is just starting. So far most things seem to run good, engine is a little sluggish, but the second chipset provided by Seanyt might make some improvements in that. Top end is great though so car is quick from like 30km/h and upwards.

The car now has engine 605.960, gearbox 722.6, rear diff and ABS from the w202. Homemade 2,5" exhaust with 2 small mufflers and no cat. Modified ECU from Seanyt, that works great! Standard airbox, turbo and intercooler. Propellershaft and driveshafts are just mocked up (in the garage) for testing so I'll have to make some better ones when the time comes to start using the car daily.

Got to say so far, this engine/trans combo in the w201 is just amazing...the power delivery and mpg is outstanding...!!!!

[Image: rB6MTCf.jpg?1]
[Image: GB8Lb35.jpg?1]
[Image: XLX28Yc.jpg?1]
[Image: w0h4xj0.jpg?1]

Put a new set of chips from Seanyt in it today and DAMN....for stock turbo its unbelieveable....might be to much smoke though....

[Image: IzmqU5p.jpg]
This post was last modified: 07-21-2016, 05:00 PM by M-ic.
M-ic
06-30-2016, 12:42 PM #1

Hi everybody, a short presentation of my little project. The point of which was to see if it was possible to use most of the running gear/electronics from a -97 w202 250td in a -91 190d. In the process of trying it out several others on here did similar conversions, though I must say they are a lot more complex and comprehensive in their builds then I am. At the moment I am at the point where the car is driveable and testing is just starting. So far most things seem to run good, engine is a little sluggish, but the second chipset provided by Seanyt might make some improvements in that. Top end is great though so car is quick from like 30km/h and upwards.

The car now has engine 605.960, gearbox 722.6, rear diff and ABS from the w202. Homemade 2,5" exhaust with 2 small mufflers and no cat. Modified ECU from Seanyt, that works great! Standard airbox, turbo and intercooler. Propellershaft and driveshafts are just mocked up (in the garage) for testing so I'll have to make some better ones when the time comes to start using the car daily.

Got to say so far, this engine/trans combo in the w201 is just amazing...the power delivery and mpg is outstanding...!!!!

[Image: rB6MTCf.jpg?1]
[Image: GB8Lb35.jpg?1]
[Image: XLX28Yc.jpg?1]
[Image: w0h4xj0.jpg?1]

Put a new set of chips from Seanyt in it today and DAMN....for stock turbo its unbelieveable....might be to much smoke though....

[Image: IzmqU5p.jpg]

seanyt
is300d He351ve

07-04-2016, 11:32 AM #2
Good to hear your having fun Smile

nice daily driver.
seanyt
07-04-2016, 11:32 AM #2

Good to hear your having fun Smile

nice daily driver.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average