STD Tuning Engine Om 606 A/C Compressor Relocation

Om 606 A/C Compressor Relocation

Om 606 A/C Compressor Relocation

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

zeeman
Holset

09-02-2016, 01:40 PM #1
In doing a OM 606 Jeep XJ conversion, the A/C compressor would not fit in the stock location due to the P/S box. I moved it up to were the fuel filter was and moved the P/S pump out 2". I made a 1/4" plate bracket and used the fuel filter bracket holes and drilled and tapped the boss above the water outlet on the head for a support.

Reworked the intake to relocate the fuel filter between the P/S pump and the intake.

Just needed a longer serpentine belt and all is well. Another benefit to this is that it opens up a place for a drysump pump were the A/C compressor was, and the drive belt will not interfere with the engine serpentine belt.
Attached Files
Image(s)

zeeman
09-02-2016, 01:40 PM #1

In doing a OM 606 Jeep XJ conversion, the A/C compressor would not fit in the stock location due to the P/S box. I moved it up to were the fuel filter was and moved the P/S pump out 2". I made a 1/4" plate bracket and used the fuel filter bracket holes and drilled and tapped the boss above the water outlet on the head for a support.

Reworked the intake to relocate the fuel filter between the P/S pump and the intake.

Just needed a longer serpentine belt and all is well. Another benefit to this is that it opens up a place for a drysump pump were the A/C compressor was, and the drive belt will not interfere with the engine serpentine belt.

Attached Files
Image(s)

50harleyrider
GTA2359VK

09-07-2016, 01:17 PM #2
Looks great. Hope the additional unsupported serpentine belt span doesn't cause issues. If it does, an additional idler pulley would help. Here's a good website for getting your length: http://www.daycoproducts.com/online-cata...rt_type=20
I got my 6BT 24V motor mounts today. Massive beasts for sure. Thanks for the tip.
50harleyrider
09-07-2016, 01:17 PM #2

Looks great. Hope the additional unsupported serpentine belt span doesn't cause issues. If it does, an additional idler pulley would help. Here's a good website for getting your length: http://www.daycoproducts.com/online-cata...rt_type=20
I got my 6BT 24V motor mounts today. Massive beasts for sure. Thanks for the tip.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average