STD Tuning Drivetrain 716.XXX aux oil pump

716.XXX aux oil pump

716.XXX aux oil pump

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

barrote
Superturbo

09-21-2016, 08:07 AM #1
Hello fine people , 
Taking in consideration that the weekness of the 717 gear box derives from the architecture employed ( lack of center bearing support, between primary shaft and secondary) and 716 wich is almost the same architecture but a lot stronger since the critical gears(3rd 4th 5th ) operate in the aft part of the transmission wich is suported by two massive bearings.

Would like to hear your comments about the introduction of a auxiliary oil pump a cooler and squirts along the gears, for the 6 speed 716 manual gear box.
I never measured how hot this fluid can get operating behind a 400hp engine, but i´d imagine it wont be cold , and also don´t think it lacks "oil abylity", but nevertheless it is lubricated by imersion and it may have a flaw.

Thanks

FD,