Need information for 500 HP Setup OM606

Need information for 500 HP Setup OM606

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Blackflag
Unregistered

10-03-2016, 01:40 PM #1
Hi Guys!
This is my first post here.
I´m from Germany...the hole Superturbodiesel "Thing" is completly unknown here so I have bit issues with my Project.

My Project Car is a `91 W201 with a 1.8 M102 in the Moment.
I want to use it for Racetrack only and my wish were 500HP and 800+Nm

The Parts I already have:
-w210 with a 177HP Om606 (224000km on ODO)
-BMW ZF5 Gearbox
-Gearbox Adapter Plate from DPUK
-Clutch Kit and Singlemass Flywheel from DPUK
-8mm Mechanical Injectorpump with 190cc from DPUK/Meken
-Holset Super HX40/16 without Wastegate

Things I know:
-I must upgrade the Injectors to 150 Bar Popping Pressure
-I Need Minimum 3,5" Exhaust Pipe

Things I don`t Know (that´s the Point where you Guys come in):
-Are there any modifications needed on the Oilpump?
-Will I Need a W124 OM603 Oilpan and Pump to fit in W201?
-what Components and Configuration for the Fuel System? (Feeding Pump, Fuel line Diameter, Pressure Regulator, Catch Tank used?,...)
-Do I Need other Nozzles than the Stock?
-Witch Oilfilterhousing needed for external front Oilcooler using
-Diameter for Hoses to Intercooler and to Intake Manifold
-Modifikation for Intake Manifold?

I hope you Guys (understand my English Big Grin and...) can Help me to reach the 500HP and bringing the Blacksmokers to the Homecountry Big Grin
Blackflag
10-03-2016, 01:40 PM #1

Hi Guys!
This is my first post here.
I´m from Germany...the hole Superturbodiesel "Thing" is completly unknown here so I have bit issues with my Project.

My Project Car is a `91 W201 with a 1.8 M102 in the Moment.
I want to use it for Racetrack only and my wish were 500HP and 800+Nm

The Parts I already have:
-w210 with a 177HP Om606 (224000km on ODO)
-BMW ZF5 Gearbox
-Gearbox Adapter Plate from DPUK
-Clutch Kit and Singlemass Flywheel from DPUK
-8mm Mechanical Injectorpump with 190cc from DPUK/Meken
-Holset Super HX40/16 without Wastegate

Things I know:
-I must upgrade the Injectors to 150 Bar Popping Pressure
-I Need Minimum 3,5" Exhaust Pipe

Things I don`t Know (that´s the Point where you Guys come in):
-what Components and Configuration for the Fuel System? (Feeding Pump, Fuel line Diameter, Pressure Regulator, Catch Tank used?,...)

I hope you Guys (understand my English Big Grin and...) can Help me to reach the 500HP and bringing the Blacksmokers to the Homecountry Big Grin

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

10-03-2016, 11:37 PM #2
(10-03-2016, 01:40 PM)Blackflag Things I don`t Know (that´s the Point where you Guys come in):

Since no one else has rogered up...
- Oil pump should be okay as long as it is not too old.
- I believe the "K member" (front suspension/engine cradle) is very similar between w124 and w201, so I would assume you would need the oil pan for w124.  The w210 is opposite end sump and likely would not fit w201.  (most people who put om606.9 in w124's use w124 606 pan or om603...I think the om603 needs some modification though...rear pan to trans area maybe?)
- Ask DieselMeken for fuel supply recommendations.
- Stock nozzles should be fine as long as they are clean / not worn and balanced as a set.
- Use whatever oil filter housing you have available that has the hoses/connections you need.  The OM603 version is all aluminum and has oil cooler option that would likely fit the w201 (may have too much length in hoses, but should be able to "tuck" away)
- hoses for intercooler / manifold should be same diameter as the compressor outlet and minimize bends as much as possible.  If the intake is bigger than compressor outlet, then I would step up the size right after turbo instead of just before intake.
- The intake manifolds have been modified by many people here, from stock conversion to full custom jobs...

Your English is fine...certainly much better than mein Deutsch.

Willkommen zum Superturbodiesel

W123 Mods: 4 speed ** manual climate control ** '85 Kalitucky intake ** manual windows & full tint ** Euro headlights retrofit w/bixenon projectors ** 4 brake light mod ** Vogtland 50mm drop front & Lesjofors S600 drop rear springs ** 16" rims ** late w126 brake spindles, rotors & calipers ** full suspension rehab ** Bilstein HDs ** AL129X alternator & 1/0 starter and charging cables ** 300GD clutch/flywheel ** AFCO 80103N radiator & Earl's 41610 oil cooler ** custom block-off plate, remote oil filter & t-stat ** MW IP w/ tomnik's 6.5mm 'Holly' elements **

S124 Mods: 400E Rear subframe ** SL600 Brakes ** Late 300E 210mm diff ** SLK230 6 speed ** 17" CLK rims ** Vented RF Fender ** Facelift Hood, Headlights, and Lower Cladding **

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
10-03-2016, 11:37 PM #2

(10-03-2016, 01:40 PM)Blackflag Things I don`t Know (that´s the Point where you Guys come in):

Since no one else has rogered up...
- Oil pump should be okay as long as it is not too old.
- I believe the "K member" (front suspension/engine cradle) is very similar between w124 and w201, so I would assume you would need the oil pan for w124.  The w210 is opposite end sump and likely would not fit w201.  (most people who put om606.9 in w124's use w124 606 pan or om603...I think the om603 needs some modification though...rear pan to trans area maybe?)
- Ask DieselMeken for fuel supply recommendations.
- Stock nozzles should be fine as long as they are clean / not worn and balanced as a set.
- Use whatever oil filter housing you have available that has the hoses/connections you need.  The OM603 version is all aluminum and has oil cooler option that would likely fit the w201 (may have too much length in hoses, but should be able to "tuck" away)
- hoses for intercooler / manifold should be same diameter as the compressor outlet and minimize bends as much as possible.  If the intake is bigger than compressor outlet, then I would step up the size right after turbo instead of just before intake.
- The intake manifolds have been modified by many people here, from stock conversion to full custom jobs...

Your English is fine...certainly much better than mein Deutsch.

Willkommen zum Superturbodiesel

W123 Mods: 4 speed ** manual climate control ** '85 Kalitucky intake ** manual windows & full tint ** Euro headlights retrofit w/bixenon projectors ** 4 brake light mod ** Vogtland 50mm drop front & Lesjofors S600 drop rear springs ** 16" rims ** late w126 brake spindles, rotors & calipers ** full suspension rehab ** Bilstein HDs ** AL129X alternator & 1/0 starter and charging cables ** 300GD clutch/flywheel ** AFCO 80103N radiator & Earl's 41610 oil cooler ** custom block-off plate, remote oil filter & t-stat ** MW IP w/ tomnik's 6.5mm 'Holly' elements **

S124 Mods: 400E Rear subframe ** SL600 Brakes ** Late 300E 210mm diff ** SLK230 6 speed ** 17" CLK rims ** Vented RF Fender ** Facelift Hood, Headlights, and Lower Cladding **

OBK# 62

barrote
Superturbo

10-04-2016, 10:18 AM #3
If u guys don´t mind lets me buz in the topic....

I think theres´s a lot behind a over 80thi´s HP cylinder engine, that most probably don´t consider.... wich can be hard to tackle, in the race track its difficult to wait for boost to come in order to avoid the "others exhaust" fumes....
1-engine cooling, probably u will have to improve your coolant radiator to another 50% cooling capacity, and mod the cooling circuit to reach the rear cylinders, nothing special, there are many mods for that available in this forum.
2-engine cooling, in diesels the piston crown cooling is so vital as it is in any other engine , the thing is that the forces involved in this HP´s tend to generate a lot of heat , and the oil will boil so fast that it can lead to piston collapse , so the oil radiator should be of considerable size, lets say twice the size the original w460 300GD.
3-engine fueling, if u have the 8mil dieselmeken(which i know well) element pump, its good for those HP´s u want. the 7.5mil may be conservatively small, (i´m not saying its impossible) either way the pump need´s a dedicated fuel supply system , able to provide 200lts/h at 1.5 bar pressure in the main gallery, (post filter) in order to pump at max output at 6k.
4-the injection system, is not only composed by the IP, there´s a lot more than set the injectors at 150BAR pop press, but its a IDI system , the pre-cup system it uses need´s a small mod, usually bigger holes help , something from 2.5mm to 3mm.
5-if i have been aware those members shooting at those HP´s are running some kind of overlap and lift mod cams, which can be achieved with a N/A exaust cams.(intake is usually the same part#) and just cause we are talking of cam´s , why not to talk about valve springs, usually people install harder springs, one drop in spring has a part number A611.02 XX XX , and another one which can be made to drop in , is A111.02 XXX .
6- the most important, Turbomachinery able to pump 3.5 bar boost from 2.5k until 5.5k , with a EGP/boost ratio of at least .80 maximum during the peak power. 3k to 5k. well i vote for sequential, but unfortuntly i can only say that your HX40 is small for LP turbo and too big for HP turbo. and of course a big enough aftercooler, intercooler what ever u want to call it.

and a litle more this and thats... if u have specific questions pm.

regards

FD,