STD Tuning Engine VVT on om606

VVT on om606

VVT on om606

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

street_666
Hx55

11-08-2016, 02:29 PM #1
Some one through about it?
For example attach a toyota celica oil controlled timing advanced on a merc cam.
But that would bebe adjusting both cams
Or maybe a combination of oil controlled cams and screws controlled cam?
I'am looking now for VVT that s fits in front of cam and would be able to adjust the back screws.
I wants to perform something like this from volvo v40 but of course a loot stronger(or is strong enough)
for stronger springs and higher lift.
http://volvoforums.com/forum/attachments...pulley.jpg
[Image: 10592d1401699388-marking-vvt-pulley-vvt-pulley.jpg]
street_666
11-08-2016, 02:29 PM #1

Some one through about it?
For example attach a toyota celica oil controlled timing advanced on a merc cam.
But that would bebe adjusting both cams
Or maybe a combination of oil controlled cams and screws controlled cam?
I'am looking now for VVT that s fits in front of cam and would be able to adjust the back screws.
I wants to perform something like this from volvo v40 but of course a loot stronger(or is strong enough)
for stronger springs and higher lift.
http://volvoforums.com/forum/attachments...pulley.jpg
[Image: 10592d1401699388-marking-vvt-pulley-vvt-pulley.jpg]

Evgeniy1987
GT2256V

11-09-2016, 04:46 AM #2
you might want to have a look at electric cam phasers... much easier to adapt.
Evgeniy1987
11-09-2016, 04:46 AM #2

you might want to have a look at electric cam phasers... much easier to adapt.

street_666
Hx55

11-09-2016, 11:00 AM #3
For that i must have controller and is a looooooooot expensive than mechanic.
Be a side i hate building electronic from nothing.
For me is better to play whit oil thickens and maybe springs that voltage.
This post was last modified: 11-09-2016, 11:02 AM by street_666.
street_666
11-09-2016, 11:00 AM #3

For that i must have controller and is a looooooooot expensive than mechanic.
Be a side i hate building electronic from nothing.
For me is better to play whit oil thickens and maybe springs that voltage.

seanyt
is300d He351ve

11-09-2016, 01:19 PM #4
you'll need to draw up a big list to back up any variable valve control. swap the flywheel to a 60-2 or 36-2 trigger wheel.
then run a compatible ecu along with fitting a cam position sensor and cam trigger wheel.
Usually these systems have an oil feed through one of the cam supports or through the length of a hollow cam to provide oil feed and drain by a spool valve.

i would also consider a mechanism from a 6 cylinder car to ensure you choose one strong enough.

I reckon variable injection timing is more beneficial on these engines though as vvt is usually for petrol N/A and petrol turbo cars, im yet to see it implemented into a commercial diesel engine and im sure there is good reason for that.
seanyt
11-09-2016, 01:19 PM #4

you'll need to draw up a big list to back up any variable valve control. swap the flywheel to a 60-2 or 36-2 trigger wheel.
then run a compatible ecu along with fitting a cam position sensor and cam trigger wheel.
Usually these systems have an oil feed through one of the cam supports or through the length of a hollow cam to provide oil feed and drain by a spool valve.

i would also consider a mechanism from a 6 cylinder car to ensure you choose one strong enough.

I reckon variable injection timing is more beneficial on these engines though as vvt is usually for petrol N/A and petrol turbo cars, im yet to see it implemented into a commercial diesel engine and im sure there is good reason for that.

hents99
GT2256V

11-09-2016, 03:51 PM #5
Why? What's your goal? It must be motorsport....

...cause it's expensive.
This post was last modified: 11-09-2016, 03:52 PM by hents99.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.elbe.ee - MB performance parts.
hents99
11-09-2016, 03:51 PM #5

Why? What's your goal? It must be motorsport....

...cause it's expensive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.elbe.ee - MB performance parts.

barrote
Superturbo

11-10-2016, 05:18 AM #6
i heard a rumour somewhere that some "fins" or "suedes" use a "Toyota" cams in the 606 , personally i don´t know of any Toyota engine similar to the 606, but they have many, and engines we never heard about wich are used in asiatic markets. And many brands used to develop the diesel based on the gas, or opposite... This Toyota fellas have a lot of knowledge in this variable cam timing.
On the other hand i always heard that this system was benefitial for N/A gasers. As u may now some gassers despite having turbo it is switched off untill high power is needed, and this case the vvt tech is benifitial in this turbo engine, just cause they will operate 60% or theyr lives as N/A.
Diesel´s apart from "CAT" ACERT i never heard about such a engine, and this ACERT tech is the both of two worlds, VVT and VVL and was designed for emission reasons. The germans from MB are inclined to abandon the the diesel alone, keeping the tech as it is (in terms of emissions) and BMW swapped to VVL tech (i belive the BMW VVL is also VVT capable), WV/AUDI i don´t know what they are doing.
As for me since i have plenty of time i´ll read about the "standard engine papers" for sure some investigators have done some job in the área.
regards

FD,