STD Tuning Engine Rebuild om602

Rebuild om602

Rebuild om602

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Junked
Naturally-aspirated

01-22-2017, 06:10 AM #1
Hi, I'm Gianluca and I'm from Italy(sorry about my bad English), I'm very happy to see how many people enjoy to mod this engine.....I'm one of this.
I have a Gd250 with om602 250td swapped and 5 manual gearbox. It's standard engine with just water intercooler.
Now is time to rebuild it....and I want to perform my engine just for off-road, so:

- open exhaust
- small porting head
- put 6mm elements from om605 pump on my pump 

What kind of turbo can I use for quick response whit no less of hp?
Thanks for the help...
Junked
01-22-2017, 06:10 AM #1

Hi, I'm Gianluca and I'm from Italy(sorry about my bad English), I'm very happy to see how many people enjoy to mod this engine.....I'm one of this.
I have a Gd250 with om602 250td swapped and 5 manual gearbox. It's standard engine with just water intercooler.
Now is time to rebuild it....and I want to perform my engine just for off-road, so:

- open exhaust
- small porting head
- put 6mm elements from om605 pump on my pump 

What kind of turbo can I use for quick response whit no less of hp?
Thanks for the help...

barrote
Superturbo

01-22-2017, 06:59 AM #2
Welcome first hand,
I´m not too expert on this engines, as i´m on the 605.
The 605 head can´t flow better than it is from factory , more or less some casting dificiencies we can deal with.
For the 602 intake runners i sugest u leave it as they came from factory, the 602 TD was a low press turbo (1bar) engine, so it was not fitted with a aftercooler/intercooler , very importante is adding this device , in the G is easy to use something above the engine , air to air with blowers below , i suggest cause air water will have issues with leaks and then a dedicated radiator will be needed too.
The head does not need any special porting, cause it enters one side and leaves in the other. Some cutting and polishing will benefit in Sharp corners if there are any.
Turbo recomendations vary a lot, the fuel u will fit your pump for will determine the type of turbo to use. but anything from a GT22/23V to Hx30, the gt25 WG but modified, are some of what people use around, in road cars a hx35crap will work fine.

give me a PM on the pump, i might can help u with it.

regards

FD,